Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SEC West
The SEC West went 2-5 during bowl season. Are they overrated?
no, I say u play the same games a week later like during the season and its a different story,during bowl games u have a lot of time to do stuff people hasn't seen..
cuppett777 Wrote:no, I say u play the same games a week later like during the season and its a different story,during bowl games u have a lot of time to do stuff people hasn't seen..

Didn't the SEC West times have the same amount of time to prepare.
Westside Wrote:Didn't the SEC West times have the same amount of time to prepare.

yes they did, I am just saying teams get laxed for bowl games when there 3 weeks to a month after u played they regular season,just saying if it was a week after the regular season they might not get that way...
The gap between the SEC and the rest of the country has closed considerably since the 06'-12' string of championships. Urban Meyer going north to Columbus has really shaken things up. Having said that.... I don't see the SEC falling behind other conferences any time soon. Too much talent in the south.
It's just a down year in the SEC. Some young teams and coaching changes going on. Alabama was probably the best team in the SEC this year but you could tell that they were not as good as some of the teams they have had in the last 5 or 6 seasons. The SEC and the area the SEC recruits is still the most talented football area in the country. Florida was down bad this year but if they find the right coach they will still be dominant with the rich tradition they have. Auburn was down a little this year but don't forget that they were just in the national title game last season. LSU was young and down a little this year but will be tough next year IMO. Then you have teams like Ole Miss and Mississippi State who are starting to flex some SEC muscle who were SEC bottom feeders most years but they are getting better. I think the SEC will be fine and the odd's are pretty good that an SEC team will be right back in the national title game next year if not a couple of em.
Westside Wrote:The SEC West went 2-5 during bowl season. Are they overrated?

One of three schools of thought:

A. They aren't as good as years past

B. The teams they lost to are simply better

C. A combination of A & B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Found this article on ESPN...and they quote, " The SEC West was beaten, plain and simple."

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/96...o-the-hype
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
In the big bowls , the SEC West teams were the favorites in all but one (TCU was about a three point favorite and won by 40). The West was pretty much humiliated considering the talk all year was how powerful this side of the conference was supposed to be.
Sadly, im going to say yes. The clowns on ESPN comment sections are loving every minute of it, and delusional SEC West fans are still denying it.

However, IMHO, there is no question that the SEC has been BY FAR the best conference in the land over the past decade, but this year really caught up to them. This is the first year where I don't consider the SEC as the traditional power that they are.
Agree with SEC being the dominant conference the last decade and if one maybe two from the West had been defeated it wouldn't mean that much but for all of them to lose goes past the "on any given day" theory. It was simply overrated , as they were favored in all games but one- the TCU game and TCU was only favored by 3 and won by 40.
There was a lack of quality quarterbacks in SEC he year. This. brought them back to the pack.