• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 2015
How will the Redhouds be? Who do they return? Confusedinglepar
They will return 4 starters on Offense and 5 starters on Defense. There will be numerous Juniors to be that didn't start but have game experience and will be ready to step into larger roles. Offensively I look for the offense to find it's timing earlier in Haddix second season. There are several athletes that will compete for starting positions at all skill positions including QB. The question will be the O-line that will only return 2 starters. Defensively they return the entire D-line. It will be interesting to see who will fill in the LB voids left by Powers, Anderson, and William Reedy. Secondary, will be all new faces, but they have some young athletes to fill these spots.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:They will return 4 starters on Offense and 5 starters on Defense. There will be numerous Juniors to be that didn't start but have game experience and will be ready to step into larger roles. Offensively I look for the offense to find it's timing earlier in Haddix second season. There are several athletes that will compete for starting positions at all skill positions including QB. The question will be the O-line that will only return 2 starters. Defensively they return the entire D-line. It will be interesting to see who will fill in the LB voids left by Powers, Anderson, and William Reedy. Secondary, will be all new faces, but they have some young athletes to fill these spots.

It will be interesting to see if some players start on both sides of the ball, such as Lambert, Cima, Jewell, Brock. Will Carter be the main RB next year? Will players such as Jewell and Hampton switch from defense to offense to shore up some spots.

I thought they were returning 3 starters on the OL. Who were the 5 OL starters at the end of the season? Will any of the incoming freshman be ready to contribute at the varsity level?
SEKYFAN Wrote:It will be interesting to see if some players start on both sides of the ball, such as Lambert, Cima, Jewell, Brock. Will Carter be the main RB next year? Will players such as Jewell and Hampton switch from defense to offense to shore up some spots.

I thought they were returning 3 starters on the OL. Who were the 5 OL starters at the end of the season? Will any of the incoming freshman be ready to contribute at the varsity level?

I can't give a definite answer to any of your questions, but I can give my opinion. I think there is a good chance we may see cima and Brock play snaps on both sides of the ball. Out of the names you mentioned they would be the only ones imo. I think Carter will have a larger role next year, however I think the carries will be distributed between more backs than this year and none receiving the majority like Coppock did. I don't see Hampton or Jewell switching to offense, but I wouldn't be surprised if Jewell did. We lost ingle, Moore, and eaton, on the OL and return Gambrel and Lovett. I do think there will be a couple freshmen that receive some varsity minutes, to what extent they will be used Im not really sure. There are several that have the ability to contribute right away, but there are a lot of talented soph, junior, and seniors above them.
Who steps up for the Hounds this fall! I hear they are very strong in the weight room!
goBIGblue82 Wrote:They will return 4 starters on Offense and 5 starters on Defense. There will be numerous Juniors to be that didn't start but have game experience and will be ready to step into larger roles. Offensively I look for the offense to find it's timing earlier in Haddix second season. There are several athletes that will compete for starting positions at all skill positions including QB. The question will be the O-line that will only return 2 starters. Defensively they return the entire D-line. It will be interesting to see who will fill in the LB voids left by Powers, Anderson, and William Reedy. Secondary, will be all new faces, but they have some young athletes to fill these spots.

So you don't think Sizemore will be the hands down starter at QB?
BluegrassCat Wrote:So you don't think Sizemore will be the hands down starter at QB?

I'm not a coach so I don't make those decisions. I think Sizemore should be in the lead going into this summer, but there is a more than capable freshmen to be that will push Sizemore. I know Haddix loves competition between players because it breeds a competitive spirit. So I'm not sure if there are any hands down starters unless they started last year, and even then things may change.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I'm not a coach so I don't make those decisions. I think Sizemore should be in the lead going into this summer, but there is a more than capable freshmen to be that will push Sizemore. I know Haddix loves competition between players because it breeds a competitive spirit. So I'm not sure if there are any hands down starters unless they started last year, and even then things may change.

I know what you're saying, competition is great and I have seen both of these kids play. Both very good players but gonna be little different level of competition for the incoming freshmen. If Sizemore is not the starter I will be shocked. And if he is not, you better believe he will not be at Corbin very long.
I'll give Sizemore the nod, year in the system.. But what do I know..... I'm anxious for the season to be here already! I think the hounds will be jus fine... Early prediction for me is the same record as last year. Then 2016-2017-..... Watch out!!
Is the schedule complete? Can someone post ?
Hounds had a bunch of kids play last year. Had close to 80 on their roster. Had some big losses but should be fine after first couple of games.
Corbin has 80 in the weight room right now and that doesn't include any Basketball or Baseball players!
HADDIXHOUNDS Wrote:Corbin has 80 in the weight room right now and that doesn't include any Basketball or Baseball players!

Anyone new lifting with the team, other than the incoming freshmen.
I think they still need one game....
I don't know a lot about who they have returning, but Haddix will have them ready to complete at the highest level. I look forward to a lot of Corbin and Belfry match ups in the near future.
Does anybody have an official schedule for next year? I know they add whitley and from what I hear the schedule gets tougher.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Does anybody have an official schedule for next year? I know they add whitley and from what I hear the schedule gets tougher.

I have been told here in manchester that clay will be playing corbin this year and mayfield will be playing corbin. :Cheerlead
:popcorn: Are you being serious? I would absolutely love that! Corbin vs. Mayfield? WOW!
HAROLD Wrote::popcorn: Are you being serious? I would absolutely love that! Corbin vs. Mayfield? WOW!

Corbin will play
Whitley
Southwestern
Knox Central
Danville
Clay in the Appalachia bowl
Louisville Wagner in the pig skin (Central the following year)
Mayfield @ Lindsey Wilson
Bell
Casey
Jackson

Don't know the dates except (Mayfield is the 5th game) or order we play these teams
I think Corbin should play Perry central for their last game. Haddix should call up Jordan amis of the Commodores and should play against his old team, and see what changed since he has left.
That's great. This schedule is a step in the right direction. We need to play teams that are more talented than us. That way we get used to having to outwork everybody and we won't be relying on talent alone when playoff time comes around.
I will work on getting the exact order.
I may be wrong especially on the Home/Away situation of some of the new teams added to the schedule, but I believe the order of the Schedule will go as follows:

Harlan County (Grid)
Whitley (Away)
Waggener (Home Pigskin Classic)
Clay County (Away)
Danville (Home)
Southwestern (Away)
Mayfield (Neutral Site)
Jackson (Home)
Bell (Away)
Casey (Home)
Knox Central (Home)
I had heard Middlesboro was on their schedule. What happen to that game?
Fun schedule for Corbin fans.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Fun schedule for Corbin fans.

They are playing some of the best local teams, a very good mayfield team, not sure what Waggener has but next year it will be Central, and Bell County. Looking at the schedule Jackson and Casey should be the only for sure wins, and you can't do anything about the district schedule. I know Clay has been down, but they have the talent if they can pull it together much like whitley this past year. All in all I think this is a great schedule put together by the coaching staff.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I may be wrong especially on the Home/Away situation of some of the new teams added to the schedule, but I believe the order of the Schedule will go as follows:

Harlan County (Grid)
Whitley (Away)
Waggener (Home Pigskin Classic)
Clay County (Away)
Danville (Home)
Southwestern (Away)
Mayfield (Neutral Site)
Jackson (Home)
Bell (Away)
Casey (Home)
Knox Central (Home)

Great looking schedule looking for a ball boy I am the man. :please: :phone:
Coach Haddix
Southwestern is at Home in 2015
goBIGblue82 Wrote:They are playing some of the best local teams, a very good mayfield team, not sure what Waggener has but next year it will be Central, and Bell County. Looking at the schedule Jackson and Casey should be the only for sure wins, and you can't do anything about the district schedule. I know Clay has been down, but they have the talent if they can pull it together much like whitley this past year. All in all I think this is a great schedule put together by the coaching staff.

I agree and it's better than anything Jewell came up with
The entire time.
HADDIXHOUNDS Wrote:Southwestern is at Home in 2015

I just assumed that since it was at Corbin this past season we would be @SW next season.
  • 1(current)
  • Next