Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southwestern downs Garrard 36-0
Southwestern took control early and never looked back. The offense was moving the ball at a good clip, mixing in the run with the pass. Patric Edwards was Stout running the ball as always, William Lemmon was a welcome relief for Edwards running very hard after a broken leg had him out last year.
The defense held The Lions to a couple first downs, in the 1st half not letting them cross midfield until the 3rd qtr. The JV played the 4th qtr. scoring on the first three plays on 2 long runs and a pass. things looking pretty good in Warrior land this morning.
Warrior Grandpa Wrote:Southwestern took control early and never looked back. The offense was moving the ball at a good clip, mixing in the run with the pass. Patric Edwards was Stout running the ball as always, William Lemmon was a welcome relief for Edwards running very hard after a broken leg had him out last year.
The defense held The Lions to a couple first downs, in the 1st half not letting them cross midfield until the 3rd qtr. The JV played the 4th qtr. scoring on the first three plays on 2 long runs and a pass. things looking pretty good in Warrior land this morning.

sounds like The Warriors are going to be tough to beat this season.is Garrard down a little though?
pjdoug Wrote:sounds like The Warriors are going to be tough to beat this season.is Garrard down a little though?

Supposed to be up actually.

Return all their skill players from a decent team.

Speaks volumes about Southwestern...expect the Warriors to once again give their rival Maroons all they want.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Supposed to be up actually.

Return all their skill players from a decent team.

Speaks volumes about Southwestern...expect the Warriors to once again give their rival Maroons all they want.

I thought their coach had left,but I think that was just a rumor Smile. I know Southwestern will be tough to beat in the 2nd season under Larry French.
Some have the Lions ranked in top 10 in 3A. They have some talent and where huge along the line. They will be a tough out for anybody looking past them. Their QB./punter has a huge leg, booming punts 50+ in the air.
Warriors will be outstanding this year. Their game with the Maroons will be one of the biggest in the state this year.
Warrior Grandpa Wrote:Some have the Lions ranked in top 10 in 3A. They have some talent and where huge along the line. They will be a tough out for anybody looking past them. Their QB./punter has a huge leg, booming punts 50+ in the air.

good to hear.I like to see The Golden Lions do well.