Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Books?
What are your 6 favorite books of all time? Also if you would like, what makes them great.
I can't name 6 right now, but my favorite is "The Coach". It's about Bear Bryant.
Only one favorite - Bible!

I could name 600 books. I don't have an all time favorite, and I don't have a favorite author, genre, or subject. I love Bio's, some books are better than others. I love the Alex Cross series by James Patterson, the Spencer series from Robert B Parker, and the Jack Reacher series from Robert Crais.
Stardust Wrote:Only one favorite - Bible!

I could name 600 books. I don't have an all time favorite, and I don't have a favorite author, genre, or subject. I love Bio's, some books are better than others. I love the Alex Cross series by James Patterson, the Spencer series from Robert B Parker, and the Jack Reacher series from Robert Crais.

I was wanting people to list 5 but I knew lot of people would say the Bible so this why I asked for 6. I didn't realize so few people would respond to this thread though.
Anything written by Stephen King. He is a dark depressing author, and I don't know why he appeals to me so much!
^Because you live in the "deep dark hills" lol.
I have a feeling Phillip Haywood's new book will be on my list when I read it.
Westside Wrote:I was wanting people to list 5 but I knew lot of people would say the Bible so this why I asked for 6. I didn't realize so few people would respond to this thread though.

Westy,

I know you like to read a good book just like me, can you actually narrow down to a top 6? I could probably say what my favorite 6 Alex Cross books are, but an avid reader who enjoys great variety, it's pretty hard. I'm not sure I could name my favorite 6 TV shows of all time.
Granny Bear Wrote:Anything written by Stephen King. He is a dark depressing author, and I don't know why he appeals to me so much!

You are just an Evil Woman

[Image: http://www.brainsyntax.com/Portal/Materi..._woman.jpg]
Stardust Wrote:Westy,

I know you like to read a good book just like me, can you actually narrow down to a top 6? I could probably say what my favorite 6 Alex Cross books are, but an avid reader who enjoys great variety, it's pretty hard. I'm not sure I could name my favorite 6 TV shows of all time.

No I can't. I started this thread because I was looking for some new books to read lol. I guess I used the wrong approach.
Westside Wrote:No I can't. I started this thread because I was looking for some new books to read lol. I guess I used the wrong approach.

Check out any of the Harlequin Romance novels, very good reads.:flame:
Stardust Wrote:You are just an Evil Woman

[Image: http://www.brainsyntax.com/Portal/Materi..._woman.jpg]

Hmmm, Shelley Fabares from Girl Happy with Elvis Presley.
TigerBlues Wrote:Check out any of the Harlequin Romance novels, very good reads.:flame:

Confusednicker:
TigerBlues Wrote:Check out any of the Harlequin Romance novels, very good reads.:flame:

Lol. Nice one.
Westside Wrote:Lol. Nice one.

I couldn't resist Westside ! Artie Lang has had a book out for sometime chronicling his life growing up then into his professional life and battering addiction. I read it on vacation, Too Fat To Fish. It's really good.
From the majority of post ive been seeing lately, im not sure most member can read, thus making them ineligible to pick a favorite book.
Most cannot spell or use proper grammer either!!

Confusednicker:

AND, I'm NOT evil, but don't mind the Shelley Fabares comparison!
It's pretty hard to narrow a list down to a few books, but some of my recent favorites, in no particular order are listed below.

[url=Product Details]Product Details[/url]

Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Foer
"Primal" - Mark Batterson

A great read and potentially life altering if you let it!

Enjoy... :Thumbs:

"Crazy Love" - Francis Chan

Another potentially life altering book......
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
I love James Patterson and I have read the whole Alex Cross series. I also like a lot of the Dean Koontz books.
The Green berets by Robin Moore. Have always been a fan of war themed books or movies..