• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Key returning players for your team
Lawrence county has most of their lineup back as they only had to seniors last year. It looks like they may a few changes in the lineup this year. Goining into the season I look for the dawgs to lineup as follows.

1. Keesee jr short stop 3 year starter.
2. Turner jr 2nd base 2 year starter
3. Cantrell sr. Center field returning from tommy john surgery
4. Coverdal jr 1st base 1 year starter
5. Bailey jr. Right field 1 year starter
6. Bower jr 3rd base
7. Lambert sr. Left field 3 year starter
8. Wheeler jr catcher
9. Price sr dh

They also have a few really good backups in cyrus, and miller.
Pitching, salyers sr, cantrell sr, price sr, bailey jr, barger jr, keesee jr, turner jr, bower jr, coverdale jr, bowens soph,

So how do see your favorite team lining up this year?
dawg fan Wrote:Lawrence county has most of their lineup back as they only had to seniors last year. It looks like they may a few changes in the lineup this year. Goining into the season I look for the dawgs to lineup as follows.

1. Keesee jr short stop 3 year starter.
2. Turner jr 2nd base 2 year starter
3. Cantrell sr. Center field returning from tommy john surgery
4. Coverdal jr 1st base 1 year starter
5. Bailey jr. Right field 1 year starter
6. Bower jr 3rd base
7. Lambert sr. Left field 3 year starter
8. Wheeler jr catcher
9. Price sr dh

They also have a few really good backups in cyrus, and miller.
Pitching, salyers sr, cantrell sr, price sr, bailey jr, barger jr, keesee jr, turner jr, bower jr, coverdale jr, bowens soph,

So how do see your favorite team lining up this year?

First off, no chance Miller is not the starting catcher. Another spot is the DH. They have a kid that transferred in last year that hit bombs in JV and summer ball. Hall is his last name. He'll either be the DH or split time with Price. Cantrell won't be in CF. Either Lambert or Bailey will. Turner will probably be at 3B and some at 2B.
Yea I forgot about jt hall he dh a lot durning the summer, just going by where they had been working out, I think they will use miller in the whoevers spot is pitching as he has good bat and is a good base runner. I thought that turner would move to 3rd and cyrus would take over at 2nd but it seems that nick has been pretty good at 3rd, it is good that feltner has a lot of choices without any drop off in production.
dawg fan Wrote:Yea I forgot about jt hall he dh a lot durning the summer, just going by where they had been working out, I think they will use miller in the whoevers spot is pitching as he has good bat and is a good base runner. I thought that turner would move to 3rd and cyrus would take over at 2nd but it seems that nick has been pretty good at 3rd, it is good that feltner has a lot of choices without any drop off in production.

A lot of kids will play this year. That's for sure. If some are patient, they will get their turn. I could see 16 different players getting quality playing time this season, depending on who is pitching and who we are playing. I drove by the field one day a few weeks ago and noticed Price taking fly balls. So apparently outfield may be an option for him too. Miller will catch a lot. The Wheeler kid may play some, but no way you trade experience for inexperience this late. Miller was the catcher all last year. He'll get better with more experience.
I've never seen a program with so many arm injuries. I hope they all stay healthy this year.
baseball1974 Wrote:I've never seen a program with so many arm injuries. I hope they all stay healthy this year.

Two in 35 years? Not sure if that's an enormous number or not. The one last year could have had the option for rehab and no surgery from what I was told. Want to talk about constant injuries, how about Paintsville? Seems someone is always out for them.
In the last 7years:

Michaels,Moore, Shepherd, Cantrell, & the one that transferred to Pikeville and went to Walters State ( drawing a blank on the name).
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:Two in 35 years? Not sure if that's an enormous number or not. The one last year could have had the option for rehab and no surgery from what I was told. Want to talk about constant injuries, how about Paintsville? Seems someone is always out for them.

Idk about arm injuries from the Tigers but it has been all football injuries ranging from shoulders, legs, and knees if those are the ones your talking about. Those kids play all three sports and have to in order to make Paintsville competitive
Bob Seger Wrote:In the last 7years:

Michaels,Moore, Shepherd, Cantrell, & the one that transferred to Pikeville and went to Walters State ( drawing a blank on the name).
That would be ol' Sam B.

You haven't been drinking enuff of the water lately, Bobby
Ring'Em Up Wrote:That would be ol' Sam B.

You haven't been drinking enuff of the water lately, Bobby

Yep, Sam Burton.

Just the smell of it can be fatal Ringer. You have to really be careful around that concoction.
Bob Seger Wrote:Yep, Sam Burton.

Just the smell of it can be fatal Ringer. You have to really be careful around that concoction.

Burton - injury when in college
Moore - injury when in college
Michaels - injury when in college
Shepherd - injury during Midland summer ball

So, LC gets blamed for injuries that occurred when players were under someone else's watch? I guess the next knee injury of a player we can blame on his former team....:Thumbs: Arms and knee injuries can happen at any time, any where, and with extra care and protection. Nobody knows.
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:Two in 35 years? Not sure if that's an enormous number or not. The one last year could have had the option for rehab and no surgery from what I was told. Want to talk about constant injuries, how about Paintsville? Seems someone is always out for them.

Believe me, you were told wrong. Surgery is always the last option. Dr. Kremchek will not do a ucl surgery without first trying rehab. Kids have got to be honest with coaches and themselves. If something doesn't feel right, STOP. The pressure is there to always perform and no kid wants to sit out, but resting a tired arm for a few days is much better than having to miss a year with surgery.
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:Burton - injury when in college
Moore - injury when in college
Michaels - injury when in college
Shepherd - injury during Midland summer ball

So, LC gets blamed for injuries that occurred when players were under someone else's watch? I guess the next knee injury of a player we can blame on his former team....:Thumbs: Arms and knee injuries can happen at any time, any where, and with extra care and protection. Nobody knows.

Doesn't happen overnight or after 6 weeks. And you know that.
Bob Seger Wrote:Doesn't happen overnight or after 6 weeks. And you know that.

So, if a 23 year old gets drafted and goes to his Single-A team and blows out his arm, it was his high school's fault? Pretty much what you are saying. Arm injuries are sometimes a mystery. It can happen after 20 innings, or after 2,000 innings. Nobody can predict it. Do you not think that the LC coaching staff works on strength and conditioning along with pitch counts and such?
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:So, if a 23 year old gets drafted and goes to his Single-A team and blows out his arm, it was his high school's fault? Pretty much what you are saying. Arm injuries are sometimes a mystery. It can happen after 20 innings, or after 2,000 innings. Nobody can predict it. Do you not think that the LC coaching staff works on strength and conditioning along with pitch counts and such?

First off you know exactly what I'm saying and if you know as much as you want everyone to believe, then you know I am right. You just won't admit it.

Second, I don't know what they do and don't care. None of my concern either way.

Third, your constant spin is remarkable.

And finally, just how many accounts are going to create anyways?
Bob Seger Wrote:First off you know exactly what I'm saying and if you know as much as you want everyone to believe, then you know I am right. You just won't admit it.

Second, I don't know what they do and don't care. None of my concern either way.

Third, your constant spin is remarkable.

And finally, just how many accounts are going to create anyways?

#1: I know what you are saying, but why don't you tell me the next person to blow their arm out since it can be predictable. I don't disagree with some of what you say, but to claim that overuse is the #1 cause isn't an exact science. How many guys go their entire high school, college, and pro career without ever having to have surgery?

#2: If you don't care what LC does, then why do you continuously reply to anything LC related? How many replies do I have about JC? None. Why? Because, I don't care. So, if you don't care, you shouldn't reply. Pretty simple.

#3: I only had/have 2 accounts. The original one got mysteriously banned, even though I did nothing more than you ever did. I was given no reason for the ban either.
Why do you need so many?
Bob Seger Wrote:Why do you need so many?

Pretty sure I covered that reason. I have two. My only other account is banned, thus I cannot post. Banned reasons: None. Explanation I got.
Dawgeers is your other one. I just don't see a purpose for two.
Bob Seger Wrote:Dawgeers is your other one. I just don't see a purpose for two.

Sorry, it's not. Only have/had the two I mentioned.
:biggrin:

Uh huh!!

And you think you're fooling.....who?

But go ahead and go for 12 of them. Lol
Bob Seger Wrote::biggrin:

Uh huh!!

And you think you're fooling.....who?

But go ahead and go for 12 of them. Lol

To be honest, don't give a you-know-what if you believe me or not. But, you don't care about LC....yet you continuously reply anything LC related.....:eyeroll:

I wouldn't need this 2nd name if my first one wasn't banned without reason. Amazing you can troll and violate the board rules, I did nothing, and I got the hammer. :biglmao:
Bob Seger Wrote:Yep, Sam Burton.

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:To be honest, don't give a you-know-what if you believe me or not. But, you don't care about LC....yet you continuously reply anything LC related.....:eyeroll:

I wouldn't need this 2nd name if my first one wasn't banned without reason. Amazing you can troll and violate the board rules, I did nothing, and I got the hammer. :biglmao:

And I don't,........... and neither does anyone else....You stick out like a sore thumb so much it aint funny...:biggrin:

You still cant figure out that it's the sport of watching you ding a lings react and go off the deep end to just any little ole thing that doesn't amount to a hill of beans.....It's more fun than playin the pinball machines down at Malcolm's Dairy Bar.....Right TigerBlues?:Clap:
Bob Seger Wrote:And I don't,........... and neither does anyone else....You stick out like a sore thumb so much it aint funny...:biggrin:

You still cant figure out that it's the sport of watching you ding a lings react and go off the deep end to just any little ole thing that doesn't amount to a hill of beans.....It's more fun than playin the pinball machines down at Malcolm's Dairy Bar.....Right TigerBlues?:Clap:

So you agree that you are trolling me and other LC posters? Yet, not banned? How about that. Glad the rules are the same for everyone....
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:So you agree that you are trolling me and other LC posters? Yet, not banned? How about that. Glad the rules are the same for everyone....
See what I mean? Thanks for being example #1, one more time.Confusednicker:

And so you admit that you are Dawgeers too? And BTW, you really didn't have to do that, everybody already knew it anyways.:ChairHit:

But go ahead and start another one of those threads to try and get me banned.....You big crybaby.:Sad04:

:biglmao::biglmao::biglmao:
Just to comment on what I said about the injuries. Overuse is not the only reason for arm injuries but it is the #1 reason for kids under 20 having arm surgeries. Part of that has to do with their physical makeup not being completely done growing. That's why a high school team shouldn't have the same workouts as college and pro teams have. Another thing that plays a huge role into is the strength and conditioning that someone mentioned. Baseball isn't like other sports and doing strength training the wrong way WILL absolutely lead to arm trouble, especially for pitchers. The coaches that do not buy-in to personalizing workouts are the same ones that continue to see injuries like Lawrence is seeing. Small things, like lifting certain kind of weight above your head can lead to big problems for pitchers as well as everyday players. There is also a big difference between "playing catch" and throwing off of a mound. It's importan, for young kids especially, to play catch and throw on flat ground instead of always throwing from an elevated position. All these injuries didn't start until the showcases and elite style camps become essential for high school age kids. Now they are constantly throwing off a mound year around instead of having a cool down period, and then the time to build their arm up again for the season starts. There is also mechanical issues that can attribute to injuries and some coaches do not educate themselves enough to help their players and prevent some of these issues.

Just for your own research, how many injuries has LC had to just a kid's arm in the last six years? I think someon already answered that in-which they're averaging one a year. Now compare that to how many they've had before 2009?

This type of thing goes on in lots places and even those schools will only have one every few years. That is why it is so alarming to me to see LC averaging close to 1 a year.

1 injury is accident. 2 injuries is a coincidence. 3-5 in as many years is a pattern. Until something changes, you can expect for this to continue. That shouldn't be surprising to anyone.
baseball1974 Wrote:Just to comment on what I said about the injuries. Overuse is not the only reason for arm injuries but it is the #1 reason for kids under 20 having arm surgeries. Part of that has to do with their physical makeup not being completely done growing. That's why a high school team shouldn't have the same workouts as college and pro teams have. Another thing that plays a huge role into is the strength and conditioning that someone mentioned. Baseball isn't like other sports and doing strength training the wrong way WILL absolutely lead to arm trouble, especially for pitchers. The coaches that do not buy-in to personalizing workouts are the same ones that continue to see injuries like Lawrence is seeing. Small things, like lifting certain kind of weight above your head can lead to big problems for pitchers as well as everyday players. There is also a big difference between "playing catch" and throwing off of a mound. It's importan, for young kids especially, to play catch and throw on flat ground instead of always throwing from an elevated position. All these injuries didn't start until the showcases and elite style camps become essential for high school age kids. Now they are constantly throwing off a mound year around instead of having a cool down period, and then the time to build their arm up again for the season starts. There is also mechanical issues that can attribute to injuries and some coaches do not educate themselves enough to help their players and prevent some of these issues.

Just for your own research, how many injuries has LC had to just a kid's arm in the last six years? I think someon already answered that in-which they're averaging one a year. Now compare that to how many they've had before 2009?

This type of thing goes on in lots places and even those schools will only have one every few years. That is why it is so alarming to me to see LC averaging close to 1 a year.

1 injury is accident. 2 injuries is a coincidence. 3-5 in as many years is a pattern. Until something changes, you can expect for this to continue. That shouldn't be surprising to anyone.

I get you are a Randy Keaton friend. But it seems you are now trying to slam the new coaching staff at LC. You do realize that Shepherd's and Moore's pitching careers were utilized in 2007 and 2008 under the watchful eyes of Randy Keaton. Why did you exclude those years? Instead, just focusing on 2009? Hmmm. Maybe I'm reading too much in to this or....??????

1. Have you seen the LC baseball team workout? If not, how can you assume they are doing the weight training you say is "bad"?

2. Do you know when the LC pitchers throw off the mound in the off-season? What about the pitchers from JC and Paintsville? I know for a fact that some go at least once a week to training sessions and throw off a mound in the off-season. The LC pitchers just started this week throwing off a mound.

3. What changes need to be made at LC? Strict pitch counts? Umm, they do that. Off-season proper training? Umm, they do that.

I heard Jake Hamilton had to have surgery, and so did Sam Burton. Now, you all lump Burton in at LC for his reason for arm injuries. Do you know how much he threw while at LC? It wasn't much, trust me. He goes to Pikeville and they pitch him once a week. Yet, it was LC that caused his injury?

You all can say that I'm going overboard with this, but you all are either directly or indirectly blasting my alma mater and the coaching staff at my school. Arm injuries is not an exact science. There are many things that go in to arm injuries.
I started with the year the injury happened. In shepherds case it had a lot to do with overuse and other variables when Randy was there but the injury happened afterwards. So yes of course he was involved during shepherds tenure but he had nothing to do with the strength and conditioning program. Pikeville could have contributed to the Burton's kid being injured, but all of his time in high school was spent at LC except for that one season. So he was also involved in the same strength program. As far as the strict pitch counts go, the first game I watched Shepherd threw 112 pitches in a complete game against Ryle as an 8th grader. That's not anywhere close to "strict pitch counts." I know you're trying to take up for your team and I don't think anything that is happening is intential or anything like that, but there is a definite pattern at an alarming rate. I'll put it to you in a very simple scenario, when a crime is committed they look at all the victims and try to find out their connection. If you do that in this case, their only connection is they all played at the same place with the same strength and conditioning program.
baseball1974 Wrote:I started with the year the injury happened. In shepherds case it had a lot to do with overuse and other variables when Randy was there but the injury happened afterwards. So yes of course he was involved during shepherds tenure but he had nothing to do with the strength and conditioning program. Pikeville could have contributed to the Burton's kid being injured, but all of his time in high school was spent at LC except for that one season. So he was also involved in the same strength program. As far as the strict pitch counts go, the first game I watched Shepherd threw 112 pitches in a complete game against Ryle as an 8th grader. That's not anywhere close to "strict pitch counts." I know you're trying to take up for your team and I don't think anything that is happening is intential or anything like that, but there is a definite pattern at an alarming rate. I'll put it to you in a very simple scenario, when a crime is committed they look at all the victims and try to find out their connection. If you do that in this case, their only connection is they all played at the same place with the same strength and conditioning program.

Who makes the call to pull pitchers? Head Coach? Well, who was the head coach that allowed the 112 pitches as an 8th grader? So Burton was in the strength and conditioning program at LC for 3 years, had zero injuries. Transfers, beginnings throwing a lot, and gets injured. Thus, it's LC's fault? Don't understand that. You didn't answer my question: Have you seen the conditioning program at LC for baseball? Personally? If not, then why are you blaming that?
  • 1(current)
  • Next