Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Commonwealth stadium
Any thoughts on what style/design the field will be? Hearing that Stoops will have a voice in design of the field. Will it be traditional looking or will have some type of "flare" to try to intis recruits. I may get crucified for that, but with recruiting kids its hard in the SEC and with the quick rise of OSU, I feel UK will have find a way to get a leg up somewhere, somehow
Probably more traditional with a little flair mixed in.
http://www.thenewcws.com/
UKisN1 Wrote:http://www.thenewcws.com/

Wow, that all looks pretty sharp.
How many times they going to renovate it. And downsizing at that and catering to the almighty dollar?
Fromthebleachers Wrote:How many times they going to renovate it. And downsizing at that and catering to the almighty dollar?

This is the only real renovation since they bowled it in. I was opposed to downsizing as well but after going to games last year and seeing the atmosphere for a couple games in a downsized Commonwealth Stadium I am not as upset now. The South Carolina and Mississippi State games were incredible atmospheres with a crowd about the size of what a sell out in the New Commonwealth will be.

As far as the field design I would expect to see a basic design. By Conference rules the SEC logo has to be somewhere and I believe in a certain location. Midfield logo will probably be bigger and all of my life fans have been asking for blue endzones but that could not happen because of the playing surface being natural grass. Not an issuenow that the Cats will have turf.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:This is the only real renovation since they bowled it in. I was opposed to downsizing as well but after going to games last year and seeing the atmosphere for a couple games in a downsized Commonwealth Stadium I am not as upset now. The South Carolina and Mississippi State games were incredible atmospheres with a crowd about the size of what a sell out in the New Commonwealth will be.

As far as the field design I would expect to see a basic design. By Conference rules the SEC logo has to be somewhere and I believe in a certain location. Midfield logo will probably be bigger and all of my life fans have been asking for blue endzones but that could not happen because of the playing surface being natural grass. Not an issuenow that the Cats will have turf.

I would like the look of that field Brooks.:Thumbs::Thumbs:
Hope the field stays traditional.