Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6th Grade KBA State Tournament
Heard there were some fireworks for final of 6th grade Gatorade Invitational last weekend GHITP VS MEECE.

What's good for the goose......
Didn't get to see either game but Saw where Somerset beat GHIPT in pool play and then lost in bracket play in a close game. Amazing performance for Somerset. That is a fine team. GHIPT is awesome team as well they really get after you on defense. Would love to see it if they play again.

What kind of fireworks took place?
ghitp should beat somerset meece. Shouldn't be whole lot of bragging about that. ghitp is a true aau team pulling from several schools somerset meece is a true school team. Truly amazing they can hang with them at all.
GEAUXBABIN Wrote:Heard there were some fireworks for final of 6th grade Gatorade Invitational last weekend GHITP VS MEECE.

What's good for the goose......
I heard it was a great game. Louisville's best vs the best 6th grade school team in the state. A lot of good 6th grade talent on the court. Meece won the first game they played and GHITP beat them in the championship game.
GHITP is a very good program. They had a good showing in last years D1 nationals and are even better this year. For Meece to be in the game let alone beat this team shows how good the Meece team really is. No wonder teams couldn't get within double digits of them in the state tournament.
The talent coming through Pulaski County right now is amazing. A lot of good youth feeder programs have given rise to top quality programs in all of the schools. Southwestern's strong freshman class was 3 time state champions (Southern) in middle school and Somerset's freshman class was 2 time state runner-up. Pulaski County has the 2 time state champions (Northern) winning 6th and now 7th this year. And Meece (Somerset) is this years 6th grade state champions.
Both are really good teams
I saw Meece at Mid America FCA tournament and they looked really good. I was wanting to watch a rematch of GHITP and Meece but I guess Meece is playing up in 7th grade division.