Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
American Sniper
So, who has seen the movie, and what are your reviews???

I must say, it was one intense movie.
It was a great movie. Very intense, maybe a little too much for some of us. One of the best I've seen.
Excellent movie.

Thank you Chris Kyle!
I haven't saw the movie yet, but I intend to. I thank Chris for his service. Unfortunately, he lessened his status as a hero, after the fact, by being a compulsive liar about things that happened in his life, after his service. With his being an American hero on the battle field, he didn't need to lie about all the things he lied about. It's sad to say that this is being brought to light about his book stories being false, after his death.
The movie was entertaining.
TheRealVille Wrote:I haven't saw the movie yet, but I intend to. I thank Chris for his service. Unfortunately, he lessened his status as a hero, after the fact, by being a compulsive liar about things that happened in his life, after his service. With his being an American hero on the battle field, he didn't need to lie about all the things he lied about. It's sad to say that this is being brought to light about his book stories being false, after his death.
I will respectfully disagree. Nothing takes away from or lessens what he did in Iraq. while he had issues after the fact, I can assure you most do but its just not publicized as his was. I promise you I wouldn't want my life after coming home put in the public but no matter what that man saved alot of lives and for that will always remain a hero...
Demarcus ware Wrote:I will respectfully disagree. Nothing takes away from or lessens what he did in Iraq. while he had issues after the fact, I can assure you most do but its just not publicized as his was. I promise you I wouldn't want my life after coming home put in the public but no matter what that man saved alot of lives and for that will always remain a hero...

Thanks DeMarcus for that summary. I'm not going to reply and let my emotions take over on his post. There are a lot of guys at BGR, I bet there are some that know or have been a scout sniper and the sacrifice they make/made in their role in the forces, I wish someone would provide an understanding to the ville.
Loved the movie, well except for the obvious fake baby. I actually caught it the second I seen it only to find that the internet was blowing up about it lol, but it did not take away my impression of the movie.
Nothing like good ole American propaganda and dead terrorist to start off a new year.
TigerBlues Wrote:Thanks DeMarcus for that summary. I'm not going to reply and let my emotions take over on his post. There are a lot of guys at BGR, I bet there are some that know or have been a scout sniper and the sacrifice they make/made in their role in the forces, I wish someone would provide an understanding to the ville.
I don't know what I put in my post that would get your emotions up. I merely brought up that they are now making daily news, after the movie is out, about several different things he told in his book that are false. I said he was a hero. I only stated that he lessoned that status, by writing falsehoods. Not that he is less of a hero, but with all the negative news, that status is being lessoned.
^^
Not in my estimation.

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Loved the movie, well except for the obvious fake baby. I actually caught it the second I seen it only to find that the internet was blowing up about it lol, but it did not take away my impression of the movie.
Nothing like good ole American propaganda and dead terrorist to start off a new year.

Okay, they should have just held a stick with a post it note on it saying "fake baby". It resembled a cabbage patch doll!!!
Confusednicker:
So, with these opinions given, what do you guys think about the comments made by Michael Moore?
Granny Bear Wrote:So, with these opinions given, what do you guys think about the comments made by Michael Moore?

A Douche bag liberal of the highest honor. People like that can rot in hell. Useless waste of oxygen.
Granny Bear Wrote:So, with these opinions given, what do you guys think about the comments made by Michael Moore?
I dont always wish death by sniper on people but when I do its the Michael Moore's of the world. Maybe he should just keep stuffing his fat ass with more food and hopefully he'll just die on out.
Demarcus ware Wrote:I dont always wish death by sniper on people but when I do its the Michael Moore's of the world. Maybe he should just keep stuffing his fat ass with more food and hopefully he'll just die on out.

Agree totally. It would be nice if for idiots like him to be dropped into a hot and black LZ naked in Iraq or Afghanistan then watch the savages have their fun. Maybe he could make a movie about that.
Mr Moore and Mr Rogan both need a good ole fashion ass kicking. Enough said!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Awww....come on guys!!!

Tell me what you REALLY think!!!

Confusednicker:
Demarcus ware Wrote:I dont always wish death by sniper on people but when I do its the Michael Moore's of the world. Maybe he should just keep stuffing his fat ass with more food and hopefully he'll just die on out.

Admit it, you're trying to sound like "the most interesting man in the world" commercials, aren't you???!!!!

Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:Admit it, you're trying to sound like "the most interesting man in the world" commercials, aren't you???!!!!

Confusednicker:
Actually that is where I get that from. Lol. Love those commercials
Granny Bear Wrote:^^
Not in my estimation.

Okay, they should have just held a stick with a post it note on it saying "fake baby". It resembled a cabbage patch doll!!!
Confusednicker:
So, did Timothy McVeigh lesson his war hero status by bombing the building in OK, by your estimation? It is being said that Kyle had several friendly fire kills.
TheRealVille Wrote:So, did Timothy McVeigh lesson his war hero status by bombing the building in OK, by your estimation? It is being said that Kyle had several friendly fire kills.
Friendly fire kills from a man that saved untelling how many lives vs a guy that bombed a building with a day care center and did what exactly to become a hero. Cause I gotta be honest, I dont recall him being a war hero...You sir have just made the most stupid post of the year so far. I know its early but its gonna take alot to top this one. But this is America and you are entitled to your opinion just as Michael Moore is, so congrats you're keeping good company.
Good movie minus the fake baby and felt rushed at times due to the four tour plot line. Enjoyed the Kyle vs Mustafa battle throughout. A lot like the movie, "Enemy at the Gates !"

The sandstorm scene had the wife and I about ready to jump out of our seats. Saw this in Imax and highly recommend doing so if available in your area. Learned afterwards that the s.o.b that killed Kyle and his neighbor is still in prison awaiting trial. Must be pleading the insanity role. TX justice system is normally quick and very eye for an eye. I'll be shocked of if this guy isn't put to death.

I know this much, I would want a Chris Kyle covering me and my squad if I ever was in a similar war . War is brutal anyway we cut it and it takes warriors, valor, and risk takers to save lives. Chris Kyle certainly did that.:Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Demarcus ware Wrote:Friendly fire kills from a man that saved untelling how many lives vs a guy that bombed a building with a day care center and did what exactly to become a hero. Cause I gotta be honest, I dont recall him being a war hero...You sir have just made the most stupid post of the year so far. I know its early but its gonna take alot to top this one. But this is America and you are entitled to your opinion just as Michael Moore is, so congrats you're keeping good company.
I guess the analogy buzzed your head, as it flew right over. Any American soldier is a hero in my book, while they are in war. What they do when they get home can lessen that hero status. Kyle is/was a hero in my book, but his lies are taking away from that status in people's minds. Case in point, all the talk is about the lies in his book, and all the friendly fire talk. FTR, because Kyle fired a gun from a distance, and killed many enemy, is no more a hero than any other soldier fighting in war for America. I put no more hero status on Kyle than I do the tank driver that kills just as many enemy. That tank driver saved just as many lives, but it's not as glamorous as shooting 5000 yards. That's why I don't put him on a pedestal, like you guys are. The fact that they made a movie about him has you enamored. He has hero status with me because of his fighting, just like all the other fighters in war, and the fact that he tried to help those fellow fighters after they came home. He had no reason to make up all those stories he wrote about in the book, that are now coming to light as being false. He was a hero, without trying to build it up to the status he wrote about.
To add DW: You are no different than anybody else on this site. If someone doesn't agree with you, what they say is stupid.
TheRealVille Wrote:I don't know what I put in my post that would get your emotions up. I merely brought up that they are now making daily news, after the movie is out, about several different things he told in his book that are false. I said he was a hero. I only stated that he lessoned that status, by writing falsehoods. Not that he is less of a hero, but with all the negative news, that status is being lessoned.

I don't pretend that I can answer for anyone else, but I do believe that Demarcus ware got his "emotions up" because he has had several opportunities to have his own ass covered by a sniper.....in Fallujah. Like I said, I don't KNOW this, but I highly suspect it.
Also all the lies that you mentioned, I only know of one that actually might be untrue. After all, have YOU read the book?

TheRealVille Wrote:So, did Timothy McVeigh lesson his war hero status by bombing the building in OK, by your estimation? It is being said that Kyle had several friendly fire kills.

You never cease to amaze me by how you can distract from the original question, and end up comparing apples and oranges. I wouldn't put Timothy McVeigh in the same league as Chris Kyle. McVeigh may well have been a psychopath. Kyle ended up trying to help veterans who came home physically emotionally and mentally challenged.

TheRealVille Wrote:I guess the analogy buzzed your head, as it flew right over. Any American soldier is a hero in my book, while they are in war. What they do when they get home can lessen that hero status. Kyle is/was a hero in my book, but his lies are taking away from that status in people's minds. Case in point, all the talk is about the lies in his book, and all the friendly fire talk. FTR, because Kyle fired a gun from a distance, and killed many enemy, is no more a hero than any other soldier fighting in war for America. I put no more hero status on Kyle than I do the tank driver that kills just as many enemy. That tank driver saved just as many lives, but it's not as glamorous as shooting 5000 yards. That's why I don't put him on a pedestal, like you guys are. The fact that they made a movie about him has you enamored. He has hero status with me because of his fighting, just like all the other fighters in war, and the fact that he tried to help those fellow fighters after they came home. He had no reason to make up all those stories he wrote about in the book, that are now coming to light as being false. He was a hero, without trying to build it up to the status he wrote about.

I never mean to minimize the contributions by any soldier during their active tours.

TheRealVille Wrote:To add DW: You are no different than anybody else on this site. If someone doesn't agree with you, what they say is stupid.

Actually we are ALL different. I'm not a veteran, like DW is. DW isn't female like I am. And we all have different, if sometimes similar, opinions. We can also express those opinions. Freedom of speech, as it were.......

Thank you Chris Kyle for your contributions to ensuring one of our rights.
TheRealVille Wrote:I guess the analogy buzzed your head, as it flew right over. Any American soldier is a hero in my book, while they are in war. What they do when they get home can lessen that hero status. Kyle is/was a hero in my book, but his lies are taking away from that status in people's minds. Case in point, all the talk is about the lies in his book, and all the friendly fire talk. FTR, because Kyle fired a gun from a distance, and killed many enemy, is no more a hero than any other soldier fighting in war for America. I put no more hero status on Kyle than I do the tank driver that kills just as many enemy. That tank driver saved just as many lives, but it's not as glamorous as shooting 5000 yards. That's why I don't put him on a pedestal, like you guys are. The fact that they made a movie about him has you enamored. He has hero status with me because of his fighting, just like all the other fighters in war, and the fact that he tried to help those fellow fighters after they came home. He had no reason to make up all those stories he wrote about in the book, that are now coming to light as being false. He was a hero, without trying to build it up to the status he wrote about.
I guess I just dont use the word hero as loosely as others because to be called a hero in my eyes you have do something pretty damn special above what others cant/wont or just dont have the abilities to do. Everyone throws this word around a little too much these days. And trust me, this is coming from a guy thats been shot, stabbed, and blown up. Does that make me a hero? Nope just means I got caught not paying attention. To say Chris Kyle is no different from anyone else tells me all I need to know about you and your comments. Its like I said, you are in good company now in my mind and others. You and Michael Moore should get along just fine....
TheRealVille Wrote:To add DW: You are no different than anybody else on this site. If someone doesn't agree with you, what they say is stupid.
Well at least im in good company with these good folks instead of the likes of the Michael Moore's of the world. I never said you was stupid, I said you comment was stupid. For one you probably should never put Chris Kyle and that other guys name in the same comment together. And not everyone is a hero. That literally does lessen the meaning of the word when everyone is one. I dont think you're stupid, just misinformed and misguided.
Spirit100 Wrote:Good movie minus the fake baby and felt rushed at times due to the four tour plot line. Enjoyed the Kyle vs Mustafa battle throughout. A lot like the movie, "Enemy at the Gates !"

The sandstorm scene had the wife and I about ready to jump out of our seats. Saw this in Imax and highly recommend doing so if available in your area. Learned afterwards that the s.o.b that killed Kyle and his neighbor is still in prison awaiting trial. Must be pleading the insanity role. TX justice system is normally quick and very eye for an eye. I'll be shocked of if this guy isn't put to death.

I know this much, I would want a Chris Kyle covering me and my squad if I ever was in a similar war . War is brutal anyway we cut it and it takes warriors, valor, and risk takers to save lives. Chris Kyle certainly did that.:Thumbs:

Good call on the comparison to Enemy at the gates Spirit, never thought about it until you brought it up and you're right .
I've never seen that movie!!
This has to be one of the best war movies of all time!
Spirit100 Wrote:Good movie minus the fake baby and felt rushed at times due to the four tour plot line. Enjoyed the Kyle vs Mustafa battle throughout. A lot like the movie, "Enemy at the Gates !"

Whats great about the movie, is of course, liberal sites all over the place automatically came out with there stories of how heinous this movie was from it was all a lie, to it was stupid propaganda, and as always, the American people loved it. Crushed ox office records and these same people, or the majority of the US don't give a shit about whether or not some parts were real or fake. One of these days they'll learn.