Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patriots 28 Seattle 24
Final

How do you not give the ball to your running back when it's right against the goal line, 2nd down and 30 seconds remaining? Stupid Seattle just stupid
The Cheaters did not win the Super Bowl. Pete Carroll gave the game to them. What a stupid, stupid play call.
Belacheat for President!!!!!
They will never prove anything.
C'mon now guys.

Dumb play call, but it was a miracle that got them on the goal line.

Carroll said he wanted to run but didn't like it with the 3 WR set they were in and expected Belichick to call a TO. They decided to throw it and get subs in if they didn't complete it. The rest is history.

How about Belichick trusting his defense and not calling a TO?
To think these guys get paid millions and make play calls like they are playing madden. The Seattle DC is rumored to be the next HC at Atlanta, what a joke. First and goal from the 4 with 1 minute left and a timeout, you give the ball to Lynch 4 plays. If for some reason you think there is a need to throw you throw a back corner fade, so the DB can't make a play. Heck even run Wilson on zone read, but don't throw a slant into traffic. It wasn't a miracle it was a great play by the WR to get them there.
Butt hurt reigns supreme after the Patriots win.
I just don't get it...you have the best redzone running back in the NFL....USE HIM!
I understand Carrol's method, and it does have a point. With 24 seconds left if they run the ball with Lynch, and don't get it. That would take off around 5 seconds, leaving 19 seconds. You burn your T.O. and now try again. Alright you don't make it, that takes off another 3-5 seconds and whatever time it takes the ref's to spot the ball. It's now 4th down and the clock is running with about 6 seconds left on the 2 yard line, assuming Lynch didn't lose any on the previous hypothetical runs. It was only a bad call because Russell Wilson made his only mistake of the game. Congrats to Tom Brady, one of the best in the game ever!
#Tainted

Over half the football fans in this country will never recognize the Patriots as winners after all they've done.
I didn't even watch the game.
Real Badman Wrote:I understand Carrol's method, and it does have a point. With 24 seconds left if they run the ball with Lynch, and don't get it. That would take off around 5 seconds, leaving 19 seconds. You burn your T.O. and now try again. Alright you don't make it, that takes off another 3-5 seconds and whatever time it takes the ref's to spot the ball. It's now 4th down and the clock is running with about 6 seconds left on the 2 yard line, assuming Lynch didn't lose any on the previous hypothetical runs. It was only a bad call because Russell Wilson made his only mistake of the game. Congrats to Tom Brady, one of the best in the game ever!

They started First and Goal with a minute left. That's more than enough time to run the ball. If you kill 30 seconds on the first play that's horrible time management, and once again that's on the coaching.
The Seattle Seahawks turned in to a "Heel" last night in the closing seconds of the game.

The Patriots were coming in to this game being billed as 'cheaters' because of 'Deflate Gate'. But the Pats hit their finishing move, pinned the Seahawks shoulders to the mat in the center of the ring and got the win. After the match was over, the Seahawks, who was the 'Babyface' before and during the game turned in to a bigger Heel than Hulk Hogan did at the 1996 Bash at the Beach when the New World Order (nWo) was formed.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
zaga_fan Wrote:Butt hurt reigns supreme after the Patriots win.

You're confused, I don't really care for either Seahawks or Patriots. Matter of fact I'm not really an NFL fan. However, it's just disappointing to see such bad coaching at a professional level. If they're paid professionals you expect to see the best athletes and the best coaches in the business. Everything considered it was an exciting super bowl.
One of the most asinine play calls, all things considered, a football fan will witness. You give the ball to your skittle eating beast and have him clinch the win with the aid of an offensive guard and a tackle...

Carrol and his staff over thought that call and pissed it away. I'm not a fan of either team. However, winning 4 super bowls within 14 years is pretty strong. One of the better super bowls we've seen in a while. Always fun to see a game decided in the last minute.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:#Tainted

Over half the football fans in this country will never recognize the Patriots as winners after all they've done.

Agreed. Also the 2 biggest bandwagon fanbases in the NFL as well.
Gah..
RunIt is ass hurt BAD!
Saying he didnt even watch the Superbowl... Right.....,
But anyways. WOOOO!!

What a game. Couldn't believe that catch was made by Seattle.. I thought it was over. Then the pick. I knew it was over.

Then the classy Seahawks have to go into thug mode and try to fight.

Richard Sherman is a joke.
Call em cheaters, don't matter.
Fact is they overcame a 10 point deficit with time running down and won.

Hasn't been said in a while but.
GET A BITE!
Lynch should have been giving the ball. No questions about it.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:They started First and Goal with a minute left. That's more than enough time to run the ball. If you kill 30 seconds on the first play that's horrible time management, and once again that's on the coaching.

They wasted a timeout after the miracle catch, then ran the ball to the 2 yard line. On 2nd down it was a game of chicken with New England at that point. They wanted to see if NE would call T.O. to allow personnel change. NE was going to win or lose the game with what they had. It was 24 seconds when they snapped the ball. I think the other consideration was that the defensive back made a perfect read and timed a perfect break on the ball. Despite our feelings on the "risk" associated with that pass vs. a Lynch run...there was no margin for error on the defensive back's part. He plays with any hesitation or a bad angle...that's still a TD. The issue is what if they got stuffed 3 times? People would just be complaining because they didn't pass it.
Ballers Wrote:Gah..
RunIt is ass hurt BAD!
Saying he didnt even watch the Superbowl... Right.....,
But anyways. WOOOO!!

What a game. Couldn't believe that catch was made by Seattle.. I thought it was over. Then the pick. I knew it was over.

Then the classy Seahawks have to go into thug mode and try to fight.

Richard Sherman is a joke.

I did not watch the superbowl. I rarely watch a superbowl that doesn't consist of teams im interested in. I don't have any love for either the Pats or Hawks. Could have cared less who won, but I think this is the first time in NFL history that people simply will no respect these winners.
IF they weren't so damn shady on every little thing, they would have my respect, but enough is enough.
Real Badman Wrote:They wasted a timeout after the miracle catch, then ran the ball to the 2 yard line. On 2nd down it was a game of chicken with New England at that point. They wanted to see if NE would call T.O. to allow personnel change. NE was going to win or lose the game with what they had. It was 24 seconds when they snapped the ball. I think the other consideration was that the defensive back made a perfect read and timed a perfect break on the ball. Despite our feelings on the "risk" associated with that pass vs. a Lynch run...there was no margin for error on the defensive back's part. He plays with any hesitation or a bad angle...that's still a TD. The issue is what if they got stuffed 3 times? People would just be complaining because they didn't pass it.

As I said earlier throw the fade to a 6'6" receiver and don't let the DB have a chance to make a play on the ball. If you think you need to throw.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:#Tainted

You not liking the Patriots has nothing to do with taped walk-throughs or deflated footballs.

It's 100% rooted in how often they win, how clutch Tom Brady is and how many times they've hoisted the Lombardi trophy.
zaga_fan Wrote:You not liking the Patriots has nothing to do with taped walk-throughs or deflated footballs.

It's 100% rooted in how often they win, how clutch Tom Brady is and how many times they've hoisted the Lombardi trophy.

:biglmao:

If that was the case id be the biggest Patriots fan and just pick the team that won the most. Im one of the biggest Ravens fans on earth, and yet ive never been to the state of Maryland.

I pick my teams on players and organizations I like. Not ones who feel the need to cheat in every single way they possibly can.

Goodell needs to grow a set of balls. Speaking of balls...

[Image: http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9G...ctsHTD9WWQ]
Ill just leave this here....

[Image: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/image...-Oak-qQmZQ]

If the NFL wants to do right, they should force the Patriots to forfeit the games won, especially the Ravens game.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Ill just leave this here....

If the NFL wants to do right, they should force the Patriots to forfeit the games won, especially the Ravens game.

Bill Belichick just proved his coaching staff was better versed in NFL rules than Baltimore's.

It's the NFL, if the refs and the Patriots understand (and call out before the play) who is ineligible, then the Ravens should be ready for it.

Looks like an eligible formation to me. There's no way the WR at the bottom is ineligible. The trips side you have the TE who is uncovered, thus an eligible receiver, the slot on the field is eligible. Just an observation.
Im not a fan of either team, but I did watch the game in it's entirety and I don't see how Tom Brady got MVP. The guy was just bad in this game at times. I know he ain't as popular or well known but I think the receiver(Edelman) had a very good game IMO.
Do-double-gg Wrote:Im not a fan of either team, but I did watch the game in it's entirety and I don't see how Tom Brady got MVP. The guy was just bad in this game at times. I know he ain't as popular or well known but I think the receiver(Edelman) had a very good game IMO.

Tom Brady set the Super Bowl record for completions in a game with 37.
Threw for 328 and 4 TDs (2 INTs), completed 75% of his passes and he was also 8-8 on that last drive to win the game.

I think Edelman had a great game and was their best WR by far, but Brady was definitely the MVP.

Just face the facts Hairbow got out coached. If the Ravens where the ones being investigated you would be defending them to your grave.
insideinfo Wrote:Just face the facts Hairbow got out coached. If the Ravens where the ones being investigated you would be defending them to your grave.

This isn't about the Ravens.
Its about the fact that the Patriots continue to cheat.

Look at the ESPN poll results.
Almost 75% of people said they believe the Patriots are tainted and they are.
Face the facts, the Pats cheat. Had it been the Seahawks that won the game and beat the Ravens, I would have no problem with it.
Ive been on this site for almost 6 years, and never once have I complained or whined about a team cheating. This is the exception. The Patriots are a disgrace to the game and sportsmanship. They can rot in hell.
You're still crying?