Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Courier Journal 15th Region Rankings are out!
Here is how the Courier Journal rankings looked for the 15th region. This is from the CJ Basketball Preview that came out this week.

Teams – 1. Paintsville, 2. Johnson Central, 3. Belfry, 4. Pikeville, 5. Shelby Valley, 6. Phelps, 7. Pike Central, 8. East Ridge, 9. Allen Central, 10. Betsy Layne.

Top players – 1. Landon Slone (Paintsville), 2. J.D. VanHoose (Paintsville), 3. Jamie McCarty (Johnson Central), 4. Ethan Johnson (South Floyd), 5. Jamie Case (Belfry), 6. Daniel Pugh (Paintsville), 7. Tim Honaker (Pikeville), 8. Devin Rice (Magoffin County), 9. Shane Grimm (Paintsville), 10. Jesse Meek (Johnson Central).
There is no way Vanhoose is better than McCarty, PUGH isnt playing so i guess people could put Van Fergason there. Why is Jaryd (SPUD) Crum not mentioned on the list. Thats bizare!
Other than that it looks good to me
VanHoose does have an inside game and has a nice shot from the outside. That would be my only guess, McCarty likes the outside more than getting down low and battling it out.
watchin-u Wrote:There is no way Vanhoose is better than McCarty, PUGH isnt playing so i guess people could put Van Fergason there. Why is Jaryd (SPUD) Crum not mentioned on the list. Thats bizare!

Not taking anything away from Crum cause he is a good ball player, but he hasn't proved much from what I have seen of him. Playing in the shadow of Brandon May for a couple years I can see where he could get overlooked. I wouldn't worry about it too much, people aren't gonna know much about him til it comes game time, then afterwards they will.
i think i like the cats pause's rankings better!
The coaches voted on the teams and players and I don't believe that all of them posted a ballot. The 15th has several players that are worthy of recognition and I don't put alot of emphasis on some of these rankings personally.
Wyatt Earp Wrote:The coaches voted on the teams and players and I don't believe that all of them posted a ballot. The 15th has several players that are worthy of recognition and I don't put alot of emphasis on some of these rankings personally.
Been common knowledge for a while that Pugh wasn't playing this year. Sounds like a bunch of coaches really dont have much of an idea of what's going on then.

That just goes to show what kind of validity there is in any of these things.
watchin-u Wrote:There is no way Vanhoose is better than McCarty, PUGH isnt playing so i guess people could put Van Fergason there. Why is Jaryd (SPUD) Crum not mentioned on the list. Thats bizare!

So because one player that has been seen playing decided not to, everyone should put a player that is unheard of in this area should take his place? If Daniel isnt playing, let a player that has proved himself in this region take his place.

rooster Wrote:Been common knowledge for a while that Pugh wasn't playing this year. Sounds like a bunch of coaches really dont have much of an idea of what's going on then.

That just goes to show what kind of validity there is in any of these things.

So if he changed his mind and did decide to play, there would be a uproar because his name wasnt on the list. I know practice has been going on for a little while now, and Daniel wasnt there. Do you expect that every coach and player knew that? The top ten players ranking was done on underclassmen from last season, not a season that hasnt started yet.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:So because one player that has been seen playing decided not to, everyone should put a player that is unheard of in this area should take his place? If Daniel isnt playing, let a player that has proved himself in this region take his place.

So if he changed his mind and did decide to play, there would be a uproar because his name wasnt on the list. I know practice has been going on for a little while now, and Daniel wasnt there. Do you expect that every coach and player knew that? The top ten players ranking was done on underclassmen from last season, not a season that hasnt started yet.
Ah, come on, know it all. You contradict everything anybody else says. It has been common knowledge region wide for a long time that Pugh wasn't playing. You must really get off on this stuff.
rooster Wrote:Ah, come on, know it all. You contradict everything anybody else says. It has been common knowledge region wide for a long time that Pugh wasn't playing. You must really get off on this stuff.

Sorry, but I dont think the coaches that vote on who the players in the region will be listen to rumors. That is all it was until the first day of practice come out. Then again, it was said on here he wasnt playing this year. Just the same as it was said that he was going to transfer to Pikeville for football. Landon was going to either Allen Central or the JBS school. Not saying it was a rumor he wasnt plaything this year because he isnt. I just think the coaches who voted on it did it on last years preformance. Not on what they have heard could or couldnt happen.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Other than Pugh there close.
Looks good to me. Actually surprised that none of Valleys players were in the top 10
Well "Spud", I don't know why you didn't make the Top 10. Go ask the Courier Journal; they might have an "un-bizare" explanation.
Blackcat2007 Wrote:Well "Spud", I don't know why you didn't make the Top 10. Go ask the Courier Journal; they might have an "un-bizare" explanation.

Are you saying Watchin-U is Spud?
Big_Ben#7 Wrote:Are you saying Watchin-U is Spud?
noooooo:thumpsup:
Blackcat2007 Wrote:Well "Spud", I don't know why you didn't make the Top 10. Go ask the Courier Journal; they might have an "un-bizare" explanation.

Well thats funny.....You dont know anything
Sorry man wrong person
And you must be PATTON...AKA GUMBY
Hm suprised Pugh isn't playing ball this year.... Great to see Pikeville in the top 5 for their Region
watchin-u Wrote:Well thats funny.....You dont know anything
Sorry man wrong person
And you must be PATTON...AKA GUMBY
Maybe....look at my Username, if it's not obvious.
Well you looked like crap at Allen Central
It's always nice when we, Shelby Valley, are the #5 team in 15th region and we don't even have a top 5 player.
I could see Bobby Hughes on that list. I have a question. Is Lyle Johnson the player that everybody has built him up to be on here? If so, he should be on that list.
The list that where sent in to the CJ and the Hearld are mailed before the first scrimmages of the season. so any player that played last year that was considered to be playing was included. Plus I think any comment about players, like the ones about lyle and patton are just stupid this was a good thread and everyone knows who the top players are with 1 or 2 that could be there.
S.V. young team that playes together I think thats why no one player was pointed out. Spud can play and just playing behind May lost some votes from coaches that did not play sheldon clark and only heard about May. Hughes from pburg is good but again played behind a lot of talent. Also the player from Phelps is a good gaurd but just playing for phelps that usually do not make the region hurts him. Overall A good List with maybe 1 or 2 changes.
These lists bring out alot of drama.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:It's always nice when we, Shelby Valley, are the #5 team in 15th region and we don't even have a top 5 player.

Thats what I was thinking to, they have alot of talented players but they necesarily dont get the cred and respect they deserve. No one would have thought they would make it to the regional final last season, and they still dont have a top 5 player.
watchin-u Wrote:Well you looked like crap at Allen Central

That was real classyRolleyes Seems like after reading several of your posts, you like to bash anyone that isn't from Johnson Central. I'm black and gold all the way, but you should still show respect, even if they say something to you. It not only makes yourself look better, but the program as well.
BIGBLACK Wrote:That was real classyRolleyes Seems like after reading several of your posts, you like to bash anyone that isn't from Johnson Central. I'm black and gold all the way, but you should still show respect, even if they say something to you. It not only makes yourself look better, but the program as well.
:rockon: Party on BIGBLACK
Blackcat2007 Wrote::rockon: Party on BIGBLACK

:thumpsup:
They player list looks good to me but on the teams i believe Johnson Central and Shelby Valley should be switched around.
Blackcat2007 Wrote:These lists bring out alot of drama.
You start alot of drama, bub.:argue:
UnderArmour24 Wrote:They player list looks good to me but on the teams i believe Johnson Central and Shelby Valley should be switched around.

:dontthink Not until Valley beat's them, the top 5 teams sound pretty good to me, maybe a tiny alteration, but other than that it's good....