Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dorton 45 Belfry 42 (Pike County 8th Finals)
Hats off to the Dorton Wildcats for a hard fought win in the county finals. This was a heck of a game and went down to the wire and you couldn't ask for a better atmosphere and a great fan base. Every time these two teams meant this year it was a great game and it was a great way to end the season.
Congratulation to the Coach Justice and the Belfry Pirates for an outstanding season as well.

:Thumbs:
Congrats to Dorton Belfry is always a tough team bet is was a great game who was some of top players? How did the Brown kid from Dorton do?
basketballnut Wrote:Congrats to Dorton Belfry is always a tough team bet is was a great game who was some of top players? How did the Brown kid from Dorton do?

Brown play a great game hit two big free throws to seal the deal at the end, but at first his defensive pressure wasn’t very good. Sometimes kids take spells where they don’t play hard.

Peyton Blackburn, Cody Hamilton and Trey Johnson were outstanding on the boards and they wore Belfry big men out. Brown will be a very good high school player if he learns to take care of the ball and listen to his coaches. Overall Dorton wanted it more and showed it on the floor
Good job to Dorton, Do u have any totals on the Brown kid I have watch a lot of kids play not seen many that can dribble and handle like he can think his future looks bright, is he attending Shelby Valley next year or going away?
basketballnut Wrote:Good job to Dorton, Do u have any totals on the Brown kid I have watch a lot of kids play not seen many that can dribble and handle like he can think his future looks bright, is he attending Shelby Valley next year or going away?

Don’t have them in front of me, but honestly it’s not about who scores the most or out rebounds the most. It’s about playing a team effort with everyone. Dorton has always played together and that why the won the county. TEAMWORK and HARDWORK wins championship.