Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covington Catholic 38 Johnson Central 14
Final. Great game played by CCH. Outstanding season JC. You have nothing to be ashamed of. Good luck CCH in the state championship.
final.. Great season JC hope Shawn Grimm and Blake Johnson are ok.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen - Winston Churchill
Good win Cov but I knew Matney and JCHS would choke before it was over.
cards#6...How can you say something like that? They just met a better team tonight. Congrats JC on a GREAT season! Nothing to hang your heads over! The community of Jenkins is proud of you anyways..I will speak for myself! Congrats Cov.Cath. on the win and good luck in the State Championship!
cards#6 Wrote:Good win Cov but I knew Matney and JCHS would choke before it was over.

i didn't see the game but even though, saying they choked is just stupid.. I mean did you really think they would be able to beat Cov Cath? The score actually looks closer than what i would have predicted.. JC is a good team. But how many teams around here can actually play with the nothern and Louisville teams??

Congrats JC... It's been a hell of a season
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
Congrats JC on a great season
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KENTUCKY WILDCATS
Good job Cov Cath.
Congrats Cov Cath on the win and Johnson Central on a great season.:Thumbs:
Gotta tip my hat to JC..GREAT season!
No suprise here... Congrats CCHS and to JCHS on a outstanding season! Good luck to CCHS next week at PaPa John's and good luck next year JCHS
Congrats JC on a great season.
What happened to grimm and johnson?
congrats to jchs and cchs great year both of ya
CONGRATS TO JC ON A GREAT SEASON!! They have set records this season that may not be broken for quiet some time. And congrats to CovCath on a great game and season. Good luck next week.

As for the game, I did see it and it was very close early on and the first half was fairly even with either team having the opportunity to be up at the half. JC was stopped inside the red zone on 4th down and CC was stopped inside the red zone as time expired to end the first half. One key play in the first half that could have made a difference was the personal foul on JC after a 3rd down incompletion which gave CC a first down. JC could have been up 21-7 at the half or down 21-14. Both teams made mistakes. I didn't understand why Matney didn't try to pass a little more on JC's last possession in the first half. They needed to move the ball down the field and only had a little over 2 minutes to do it. They were stopped after all running plays and punted. CC then came down and almost scored with under a minute on the clock.

Anyway, the second half was owned by Cov Cath. They came out ready to play and executed perfectly. On the other side of the coin, JC looked too one dimensional against Cov Cath and the adjustments made by CC at half time seem to have paid off.

JC played a great game, but key was their inability to stop the CC passing game. It didn't help them to lose Johnson either.

JC played a great game and at half time they were in a position that I don't think many people thought that they would be in. They have represented the E KY folks well and have nothing to be ashamed of. The players gave it their all. The game could have been a little closer (as far as scoring) with JC missing some red zone opps, but CC was just the more dominate team. No way anyone in E KY could beat them.
I think that Shawn Grim deserves a big pat on the back for an OUTSTANDING SEASON!!:thumpsup:

The guy put up numbers this season that are unbelievable and may have put him at #1 in the State in rushing, or close to it. AND he did a great job tonight, putting up very impressive numbers against Cov Cath before going down to an injury very late in the game. Great Season!! Good luck next year!! Hopefully the injury tonight isn't nothing too serious.
Good Post EKYS but like you said no one from East Ky could have beat them and thats what I've been saying all year. JC is a great team and one of the best to come out of East Ky in 3A but I knew all along it didn't really matter because it would end tonight for whichever East Ky team was in the semi. I just wish JC could have gotten there since it will be all but impossible for them to do much in the new 5A. At least they had one year to enjoy.
What did it do grimm when he got hurt.
cards#6 Wrote:Good win Cov but I knew Matney and JCHS would choke before it was over.

like sc choked against p-burg..
CatDawg Wrote:Good Post EKYS but like you said no one from East Ky could have beat them and thats what I've been saying all year. JC is a great team and one of the best to come out of East Ky in 3A but I knew all along it didn't really matter because it would end tonight for whichever East Ky team was in the semi. I just wish JC could have gotten there since it will be all but impossible for them to do much in the new 5A. At least they had one year to enjoy.
Why do you think it will be "all but impossible for them to do much in the new 5A next year? I think JC will be as good if not better next year.
Congrats to JC on an "AWESOME" season. You did what no other team in your schools history has ever done. I do agree with Catdawg in saying you are one of the best to come out of EKY...the best to me. This has been one heck of a ride, THANK YOU!!!
Congrats JC on an great season
Congrats to Central on a great season!!!

A truly classless remark. Coach Matney and the Eagles did a fantastic job this season. As a JC grad, I am so proud of the feats that this team has accomplished. I arrived at the Nest at 4:00 to sit in my usual area and there were no available seats. The guy sitting where I normally sit said he was there at 1:30. That is 6 HOURS before kickoff!!! Looking back on three years ago makes it all seem impossible. Thanks EAGLES.
Showtime_05 Wrote:like sc choked against p-burg..

twice
Good job Cov Cath, Nothing to be ashamed about JC, u all had a great season, proved a lot of people wrong.
cougar14 Wrote:Why do you think it will be "all but impossible for them to do much in the new 5A next year? I think JC will be as good if not better next year.

The road through the playoffs becomes much stronger. Their district is killer with Montgomery County, Woodford County, Bryan Station, and Ashland. The 3rd round of the playoffs would pair them up with the survivor of CovCath and Highlands. The 4th round would match them up with Mercer County. The state championship would be played against Bowling Green, John Hardin, Christian County, or Warrren Central.

The fact is that 5A is loaded with talent, and other than actually being in the CovCath/Highlands district, this is by far the toughest road through the 5A playoffs.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
Fantastic season for JCHS. It sure is nice to see local teams that do well in representing the area.
Tomcat68 Wrote:The road through the playoffs becomes much stronger. Their district is killer with Montgomery County, Woodford County, Bryan Station, and Ashland. The 3rd round of the playoffs would pair them up with the survivor of CovCath and Highlands. The 4th round would match them up with Mercer County. The state championship would be played against Bowling Green, John Hardin, Christian County, or Warrren Central.

The fact is that 5A is loaded with talent, and other than actually being in the CovCath/Highlands district, this is by far the toughest road through the 5A playoffs.

Couldn't have said it better. Thanks TC68
Congrat to JC on a great season 13-1 these guys are the best team in JC history.

Blake Johnson was injuried in the third qtr. with a knee injury not sure of the extent of the injury.
Grim was hurt on with 16 sec. left in the game and was taken to the hospital. Reports this morning was that he was up and walking apparently he suffered a stinger.
Guess I'm the only CCH fan on here......... JC played a great game, they came out and just tried to ram the ball down CovCath's throat, and it worked for a while, especially against the 3 man front with only 3 backers. CCH added another linemen and linebacker and it made a world of difference.

JC had me worried, and it sounds like they had a great season, so congratulations. Cheer us on in Louisville please!!!
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life