Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesboro Basketball Coach Fired?
Heard that Middlesboro has already fired Shane Shackleford. Does anyone know if this is true?
With the Supt they have I fiqured he would get an extension???? His decisions make that much sense.
Hate that for Shane if true. He wasn't dealt with a full deck of cards.
I am hearing true.
Is he any relation to roscoe shackleford that used to coach at hazard years ago. That is kind of a odd name you don't hear that every day.
Man, if he was fired after one year then that would be just crazy to me!
From the outside looking in Middlesboro appears to be a mess.
Quality coaches won't be knocking the door down for this job based on recent history.
^
You're right! And that's is a shame for the kids who want to play at Middlesboro.
Does it serve any purpose to post something like this during the season?
Coach Shackleford was at the district meeting today representing Middlesboro.
No truth to this!!!!
FlippedOut Wrote:I am hearing true.

Not true at all!!!
Buford T Justice Wrote:Is he any relation to roscoe shackleford that used to coach at hazard years ago. That is kind of a odd name you don't hear that every day.

No he is not related to Roscoe Shackleford
HCS Wrote:Does it serve any purpose to post something like this during the season?
Coach Shackleford was at the district meeting today representing Middlesboro.
I heard this and I ask if it were true. You never know who is coming or going at Middlesboro. Quit jumping on the offense, this is not about you or bashing anybody.
Why do people even start threads like this? Coaches have to go through enough without having to hear nonsense like this. I think this site should be shut down or just be sports reporters that state facts about things not just hear say. If as many people knew as much as they think they know about basketball and coaching we would have NBA players coming out of Middlesboro. Unless you get out there and coach it, and know how it is then get back with me. There is so much immaturity that goes on, on here and it's by adults! I feel like I lose brain cells by getting on here so hopefully this will be the last time I get on here. So needless to say "No One Fan" what you've "heard" is not true. Even though that is what you'd like to happen. Also heard your son wants tonat next year. Guess you're not gonna like that too much as well😜
Number One Fan Wrote:I heard this and I ask if it were true. You never know who is coming or going at Middlesboro. Quit jumping on the offense, this is not about you or bashing anybody.

You think it'd be OK if someone started asking if you still had your job on a public forum?
JacketFan4Life Wrote:Why do people even start threads like this? Coaches have to go through enough without having to hear nonsense like this. I think this site should be shut down or just be sports reporters that state facts about things not just hear say. If as many people knew as much as they think they know about basketball and coaching we would have NBA players coming out of Middlesboro. Unless you get out there and coach it, and know how it is then get back with me. There is so much immaturity that goes on, on here and it's by adults! I feel like I lose brain cells by getting on here so hopefully this will be the last time I get on here. So needless to say "No One Fan" what you've "heard" is not true. Even though that is what you'd like to happen. Also heard your son wants tonat next year. Guess you're not gonna like that too much as well��
I don't know who you think I am, but do not have a son that plays any sports. I really don't give a damn who coaches as long as they know how. As far as someone's son wants to "tonat" next year, what in the "H" are you talking about. You need to make sure you know your facts before you accuse someone of being a parent of a child and glad a coach is losing his job. But, I do wish I knew who you were referring too, because I have been accused of being someone's parent until I am sick of it. If you think this forum is childish, stay off of it. But, if you are so sure of who I am, then call me out by PM. I cannot comment on anything unless you and HCS run your mouth. People get on here and run their mouth on everybody, just like you thinking you know who somebody is. You are no different, so quit playing around and let me know who you think I am. Yes, you will be back on here, because that is what you do. You follow people around and when someone puts something on here that you don't like, you are accusing them of being some child's parent.
HCS Wrote:You think it'd be OK if someone started asking if you still had your job on a public forum?
Oh God no!!!!! I mean, it's not like anybody has put anything on here about a coach losing his job or being fired. If you had heard this or if anyone else had, they would ask the same question.
Wow The mboro fans fighting among themselves!?!? Things must be really bad there!!!
Hoopman1 Wrote:Wow The mboro fans fighting among themselves!?!? Things must be really bad there!!!
No, it is not Middlesboro fans fighting. I am a fan and the two that want to comment their negativity on my post are best friends and kin to Middlesboro's coach. I have been accused of being a mad parent because I think a coach does not know what he is doing. It does not take a genius to figure that out and sure doesn't take a parent to figure it out either. I swear, with the mess that Middlesboro is in, if I had a child playing ball, boy or girl, they would be at Bell Co. even though I went to Middlesboro and watch them play when I get a chance. Something has went terribly wrong here and needs to be fixed. I think a parent would be the least to complain as long as their child is getting playing time, because no one around here is a team player. Yes, if their child is sitting the bench, then that coach is awful. But when you are on the outside looking in and you are supporting a team, you can see clearly that there is a problem.
Dramaturgy at Middlesboro again?
The truth has arrived. 1 year and Coach is done. If anyone post he resigned you do not know the rest of the story. He deserved better...period. Sad state of affairs.
If True, Bad just plain Bad.
Talked to some of his family today. It is true. That place is unbelievable.
FlippedOut Wrote:The truth has arrived. 1 year and Coach is done. If anyone post he resigned you do not know the rest of the story. He deserved better...period. Sad state of affairs.
JacketFan4Life, I thought there was no truth to this at all???? Now you are liking post that says he has been fired. And no, he did not resign. May have been told to resign or I will fire you. I do not like to see anyone lose a job, but at least he is still teaching. I tried to tell you, and you wouldn't listen, accuse me of being a parent. Just someone that knew what was going to happen and actually should not have posted it as soon as I did. Keep this in mind...you never know where someone works and you never know who is best friends with who. He was done exactly like the football coach and a lot of people new it was coming. It was well known before the season was over. I guess it depends on who you know when you find out things.
Man, I hate this any coach should at least be given 4 years!
Number One Fan Wrote:No, it is not Middlesboro fans fighting. I am a fan and the two that want to comment their negativity on my post are best friends and kin to Middlesboro's coach. I have been accused of being a mad parent because I think a coach does not know what he is doing. It does not take a genius to figure that out and sure doesn't take a parent to figure it out either. I swear, with the mess that Middlesboro is in, if I had a child playing ball, boy or girl, they would be at Bell Co. even though I went to Middlesboro and watch them play when I get a chance. Something has went terribly wrong here and needs to be fixed. I think a parent would be the least to complain as long as their child is getting playing time, because no one around here is a team player. Yes, if their child is sitting the bench, then that coach is awful. But when you are on the outside looking in and you are supporting a team, you can see clearly that there is a problem.

It does not take a genius to figure this out either.
Madness Wrote:It does not take a genius to figure this out either.
Okay...just shut up and leave me alone. I have put nothing on here that no one else would. Just took a little bit longer for others to find out. You don't like what I put on here then there is a way that you don't have to see it. I'll tell you the same thing, do you know who I am???? Call me out, all you have to do is private message me and let me know what you think.
Why do you have your panties bunched? Not meaning any offense to you in last post. You know what has happened at Middlesboro. Things will get worse, much worse.
Number One Fan Wrote:JacketFan4Life, I thought there was no truth to this at all???? Now you are liking post that says he has been fired. And no, he did not resign. May have been told to resign or I will fire you. I do not like to see anyone lose a job, but at least he is still teaching. I tried to tell you, and you wouldn't listen, accuse me of being a parent. Just someone that knew what was going to happen and actually should not have posted it as soon as I did. Keep this in mind...you never know where someone works and you never know who is best friends with who. He was done exactly like the football coach and a lot of people new it was coming. It was well known before the season was over. I guess it depends on who you know when you find out things.

First of all I'm liking the ones that are saying they think it's not right that he got fired, pay attention. Secondly, if I want to call you out you best believe I wouldn't do it by PM it'd be right on here honey. I never said I was the one who had the IP address ran it was some parents who got sick of you talking about their kids during football season on here. Btw I'm not kin to nor a best friend of the coach. I don't go by hearsay so that's why I said there was no truth to it because it wasn't officially done yet. Evidently you didn't know for sure either because you were asking. Keep this in mind I could care less where someone works or who they are friends with! Oh and it's "a lot of people KNEW" not new.