Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark 77 Johnson Central 68 57th District Finals
Congrats to SC..... They made shots when they needed to.
JC missed some FREE THROWS late in the game that could have sealed it up.

And yes... there was some SERIOUS DRAMA after the game.
I am not going to post what exactly happened.

And NO, do not send me a PM asking what happened.

This should make for a great 15th Region title game.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Was this game at Johnson Central?
TRIPLE JEOPARDY Wrote:Was this game at Johnson Central?
Yes.
Police had to remove one (that I seen) of the SC coaching staff as well as some SC and JC fans from the gym after the game was over. Some of SC's parents (not students, but parents) came over behind JC's bench and had to be removed.

Several police officers were posted on the floor to keep fans and players from interacting.

The drama started after the game.... it appeared to happen during the post-game handshake. SC fans rushed the floor, once the fans cleared the court, that's when everybody noticed there was some drama going on.

Some people can't handle loosing.... Some people can't handle winning.
I used to say Coach Smith was doing a great job at SC. After tonight he showed what kind of person he really is. After what he did to one of JC kids tonight is inexcusable. No respect whatsoever anymore. And "Bird" should never be allowed on a court around kids again. It has been a real pleasure watching Parsley the last 4 years. Hope the kid gets a chance at the next level.
TomTebow Wrote:I used to say Coach Smith was doing a great job at SC. After tonight he showed what kind of person he really is. After what he did to one of JC kids tonight is inexcusable. No respect whatsoever anymore. And "Bird" should never be allowed on a court around kids again. It has been a real pleasure watching Parsley the last 4 years. Hope the kid gets a chance at the next level.

I'm glad you posted that.......... :thanks:
I am hearing the problem was over the game ball. Someone from SC had it then someone from JC took it from them. Then the assistant from Sc took it back. That was when JC coach got mad and they had word and started trying to fight? Police got involved and removed the coach from SC outside!

According to Twitter?
Well guys it was tommy Mckenzie too.
Keep control of your crazy fans JC
Baseball Man Wrote:I am hearing the problem was over the game ball. Someone from SC had it then someone from JC took it from them. Then the assistant from Sc took it back. That was when JC coach got mad and they had word and started trying to fight? Police got involved and removed the coach from SC outside!

According to Twitter?

That might have happened...... but that is not the main issue.
What was the main issue?
Warthog Wrote:Well guys it was tommy Mckenzie too.

I guess you missed a PARENT from SC coming over behind JC's bench after the game and getting in the face of a few JC's players.

This was not a student on student issue. Mr. Halsey kept the JC student body in check.
This game had to be one of the best games of the year. The radio said it was THE BIGGEST crowd at JC since they redone the gym!
Congrats to SC on the victory. Parsley made some incredible shots tonight. Kid has a lot of guts. Clearly the best two teams in the 15th region.
Baseball Man Wrote:This game had to be one of the best games of the year. The radio said it was THE BIGGEST crowd at JC since they redone the gym!

It was crowded.... not sure of the numbers, but it's one of the bigger crowds I can remember.
I personally heard Coach Smith state that he made the Johnson Central player shake his hand by grabbing his hand and telling him that he would shake. For an administrator, teacher or coach to initiate contact by force with a student is beyond professionalism and without excuse. As a coach, if a player is overcome with emotion (because they are kids) and does not want to shake hand, you pass them and proceed to the next kid. I will say that I have the utmost respect for the kid's father because he handled the situation much better that I would have and also after tonight I have zero respect for Frankie Smith. This one event led to the confrontation of other coaches and to the adults from Sheldon Clark coming behind our bench to run their mouths.
Warthog Wrote:Well guys it was tommy Mckenzie too.

You are talking about one of the most God fearing and respected coaches in the state. Defending his kids against a drunk head coach and an assistant coach that is only there because of his family in the board office. He had to be drunk tonight with what happened before the game and after the game.he sure acted the way drunk people act.
THOMCAT Wrote:I personally heard Coach Smith state that he made the Johnson Central player shake his hand by grabbing his hand and telling him that he would shake. For an administrator, teacher or coach to initiate contact by force with a student is beyond professionalism and without excuse. As a coach, if a player is overcome with emotion (because they are kids) and does not want to shake hand, you pass them and proceed to the next kid. I will say that I have the utmost respect for the kid's father because he handled the situation much better that I would have and also after tonight I have zero respect for Frankie Smith. This one event led to the confrontation of other coaches and to the adults from Sheldon Clark coming behind our bench to run their mouths.

Thank you THOMCAT for posting that!
THOMCAT Wrote:I personally heard Coach Smith state that he made the Johnson Central player shake his hand by grabbing his hand and telling him that he would shake. For an administrator, teacher or coach to initiate contact by force with a student is beyond professionalism and without excuse. As a coach, if a player is overcome with emotion (because they are kids) and does not want to shake hand, you pass them and proceed to the next kid. I will say that I have the utmost respect for the kid's father because he handled the situation much better that I would have and also after tonight I have zero respect for Frankie Smith. This one event led to the confrontation of other coaches and to the adults from Sheldon Clark coming behind our bench to run their mouths.
Did anybody get that incident on video???

I'm sure the KHSAA would LOVE to see that.
WOW!!!!!

To have this happen only takes away from what sounded like a great game.
I may be wrong, because I was a long way from the floor, but it appeared Frankie was screaming at the JC coaching staff during warm ups. Did anyone else notice that?
He was yelling at the ball guy. Then one of the assistants.lept saying over and ever again. I need two balls because I have none.Give me some balls!!!!'
First of all, coach smith has mad respect for JC and all the other teams he coaches against...to state otherwise would be a gross misjudgment....he said that she said that he said....getting on here and spitting untruths is like the telephone game that we all played in school at one time or another, by the time the sentence gets to the last person it sounds nothing like what was first said....only thing that I can and ever will say about the teams playing in the region is that they all are given a raw deal with the refs...THE REFS ARE THE ONES THAT ALWAYS LET THINGS GET OUT OF CONTROL....boys will be boys and when pushed will push back but the refs let too many games get out of hand and it creates animosity among players...now run tell dat!
oliver67 Wrote:First of all, coach smith has mad respect for JC and all the other teams he coaches against...to state otherwise would be a gross misjudgment....he said that she said that he said....getting on here and spitting untruths is like the telephone game that we all played in school at one time or another, by the time the sentence gets to the last person it sounds nothing like what was first said....only thing that I can and ever will say about the teams playing in the region is that they all are given a raw deal with the refs...THE REFS ARE THE ONES THAT ALWAYS LET THINGS GET OUT OF CONTROL....boys will be boys and when pushed will push back but the refs let too many games get out of hand and it creates animosity among players...now run tell dat!

I agree with your referee statement about in-game action.

But the refs had nothing to do with happened after the game.
people wanna get on her and talk about drama ,tempers flared from fans on up ,people get caught up in the moment,no illegal matter took place ,if your feelings got hurt or your upset over the game or after, get over it ,cards played a great game they never gave up ,gullet is good but ill take parsley any day ,oh yeah pulp fiction I mean drama queen ,cill your a-- out.
oliver67 Wrote:First of all, coach smith has mad respect for JC and all the other teams he coaches against...to state otherwise would be a gross misjudgment....he said that she said that he said....getting on here and spitting untruths is like the telephone game that we all played in school at one time or another, by the time the sentence gets to the last person it sounds nothing like what was first

said....only thing that I can and ever will say about the teams playing in the region is that they all are given a raw deal with the refs...THE REFS ARE THE ONES THAT ALWAYS LET THINGS GET OUT OF CONTROL....boys will be boys and when pushed will push back but the refs let too many games get out of hand and it creates animosity among players...now run tell dat!

What a stupid statement ! Blame someone else ! You probably don't or won't take blame for your kids actions! Total stupidity!
Great win for SC. Congrats !!!
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I agree with your referee statement about in-game action.

But the refs had nothing to do with happened after the game.

Nor did they during the game. The kids decide the game. No wait when we don't win its the refs fault. When we win its our! Grow a pair and accept responsibility. Not point a vague finger !
Peoples kids do drugs, steal and get arrested. It is the cops fault !
man, jc fans must be taking this one hard
to be the man you gotta beat the man ,ive that all yr ,well they beat his a--