Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Regional tournament
Still 2 sessions
I would say gym is cleared for the night games
The Real Truth Wrote:JC coaching staff was screaming and cursing during the whole awards ceremony something about a hand shake between Pat Rice and Coach Smith.
Coaches should teach their players to have good sportsmanship regardless of the outcome of the game win or lose. Shaking hands is part of the game. :Sad04:

Coaches should never, under any circumstances, grab hold of any opposing player especially one he has a history with. No player should ever be expected to shake hands with anyone, including the opposing coach, who is taunting him. Smith came in running his mouth about basketballs before the game and then committed this very stupid act at the end. If not for the class and cooler heads of some JC fans, Smith and the SC fans could have left the gym in bad shape.

The secret here is which team can handle three games not only physically, but mentally. Like a LC fan told me yesterday, SC has a history with East Ridge and LC wants them really bad and then maybe JC. Three tough hard mental games. I just do not see that in the other bracket.
MonsterMan Wrote:Coaches should never, under any circumstances, grab hold of any opposing player especially one he has a history with. No player should ever be expected to shake hands with anyone, including the opposing coach, who is taunting him. Smith came in running his mouth about basketballs before the game and then committed this very stupid act at the end. If not for the class and cooler heads of some JC fans, Smith and the SC fans could have left the gym in bad shape.

The secret here is which team can handle three games not only physically, but mentally. Like a LC fan told me yesterday, SC has a history with East Ridge and LC wants them really bad and then maybe JC. Three tough hard mental games. I just do not see that in the other bracket.

The JC player should have shook smiths hand, and this would not of happened.
Two sides to every story
Warthog Wrote:The JC player should have shook smiths hand, and this would not of happened.
Two sides to every story

Did you not read my post? I was there, Smith taunted the JC player and then physically grabbed him. Why would anyone be compelled to shake anyones hand like this. He should be sanctioned. In this situation you get players away from a trouble maker. The only side is the truth, not one that excuses Smith's poor behavior. If JC and SC play again I assure you Smith will not grab or taunt any JC player, he has learned his lesson!
The taunting is a flat out lie. never heard that one before. Yes smith prob should have kept walking but those 2 have a history together. I'm sure he has nothing but regret but JC was very classless after the game as well. I mean running the people off the court while there taking pictures. Didn't happen the night before when jC beat our girls. There's no doubt we have a much tougher draw but what does it matter it's region U have to be playing good to win it and after the paintsville and Jc games I like the cards chances.
MonsterMan Wrote:Did you not read my post? I was there, Smith taunted the JC player and then physically grabbed him. Why would anyone be compelled to shake anyones hand like this. He should be sanctioned. In this situation you get players away from a trouble maker. The only side is the truth, not one that excuses Smith's poor behavior. If JC and SC play again I assure you Smith will not grab or taunt any JC player, he has learned his lesson!

You say this and someone else says something different.
Did you not read my post 2 sides to every story
Games changed again?
Updated schedule for Saturday. The girls semi finals will now be played Saturday.

Belfry/Johnson Central 10:30 AM Girls
Prestonsburg/Sheldon Clark 12:00 Girls

Sheldon Clark/East Ridge 2:30 PM
Lawrence County/Allen Central 4:00 PM

Shelby Valley/Johnson Central 6:30 PM
South Floyd/Pike Central 8:00 PM
^ I guess the gym will be cleared for each session Saturday then...
Creeker Wrote:^ I guess the gym will be cleared for each session Saturday then...

Yes. You will have to pay for the girls' session. The arena will be cleared, and then you will have to pay for the boy session. The Expo has also added on Facebook that due to flooding they may or may not be able to accept credit cards tomorrow. Just a heads up for those who don't always carry cash.
To watch all games you will have to pay 3 times unless you hide out in the bathroom hehe
Warthog Wrote:To watch all games you will have to pay 3 times unless you hide out in the bathroom hehe
Really? pay 3 times?

Any radio streaming, UK post game stuff on right now?