Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mr President
All I want for Christmas is a Ted Cruz nomination!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'll take any Republican who can beat the the bitch, Hillary.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:I'll take any Republican who can beat the the bitch, Hillary.

It's so simple. Go back to January 20, 1981. Ronald Reagan was being sworn in as President. Jobs were in the tank, inflation was robbing the US of much of it's wealth. Houses were being foreclosed on at every hand. People were literally terrified of their monthly electricity bills. Iran were thumbing their noses at Carter and the chipmunks, who were wringing their hands in a state of vapor lock, the US was locked in an epic stare down with Cold War Era Russia, things were grim. I lived through it as a first time homeowner and I know of what I speak.

We had back to back terms under his (Reagan's) leadership (talk about your breath of fresh air!) which, saw the beginning of an economic boom that lasted all the way up to the George W Bush era. For which Bill Clinton was more than happy to take credit. (Dems are all about claiming the high ground for themselves). The point? America has seen only one truly conservative president since before WW2. And what was the greatest peacetime economic surge of all time? Undisputedly it was the Reagan era, a standing unqualified success. To this day, whenever any Dem wants to sell an idea, they try to link it in someway to Ronald Reagan.

So here's my novel idea. Why not let the conservative have another stint at the helm? I mean, if he does anywhere near as well as Reagan, it will be roll out he barrel time. The mere thought of a Ted Cruz Presidency sends Lieberals writhing in fits of neurologic apoplexia. Mitch as Senate Leader, Boehner as Speaker and President Ted Cruz. We would have the two eras to contrast within the reasonable life span and the people could judge for themselves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:It's so simple. Go back to January 20, 1981. Ronald Reagan was being sworn in as President. Jobs were in the tank, inflation was robbing the US of much of it's wealth. Houses were being foreclosed on at every hand. People were literally terrified of their monthly electricity bills. Iran were thumbing their noses at Carter and the chipmunks, who were wringing their hands in a state of vapor lock, the US was locked in an epic stare down with Cold War Era Russia, things were grim. I lived through it as a first time homeowner and I know of what I speak.

We had back to back terms under his (Reagan's) leadership (talk about your breath of fresh air!) which, saw the beginning of an economic boom that lasted all the way up to the George W Bush era. For which Bill Clinton was more than happy to take credit. (Dems are all about claiming the high ground for themselves). The point? America has seen only one truly conservative president since before WW2. And what was the greatest peacetime economic surge of all time? Undisputedly it was the Reagan era, a standing unqualified success. To this day, whenever any Dem wants to sell an idea, they try to link it in someway to Ronald Reagan.

So here's my novel idea. Why not let the conservative have another stint at the helm? I mean, if he does anywhere near as well as Reagan, it will be roll out he barrel time. The mere thought of a Ted Cruz Presidency sends Lieberals writhing in fits of neurologic apoplexia. Mitch as Senate Leader, Boehner as Speaker and President Ted Cruz. We would have the two eras to contrast within the reasonable life span and the people could judge for themselves.

Being an Independent, I've always loathed Ronald Regan. I'm not sure how tripling the national debt qualifies as an economic surge.
Real Badman Wrote:Being an Independent, I've always loathed Ronald Regan. I'm not sure how tripling the national debt qualifies as an economic surge.

Look at the state of the country and the attitude and enthusiasm of its citizens when the Gipper was president. Then compare both to the present climate with the Fairy as president. Also, look at the national debt under the Gipper and the national debt under the Fairy.

You lose.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Look at the state of the country and the attitude and enthusiasm of its citizens when the Gipper was president. Then compare both to the present climate with the Fairy as president. Also, look at the national debt under the Gipper and the national debt under the Fairy.

You lose.
I agree. You also have to consider how Carter had decimated our own military. Reagan's increased spending to rebuild our defenses won the Cold War. Obama is doing all he can to ensure no American war victory remains in the win column.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I agree. You also have to consider how Carter had decimated our own military. Reagan's increased spending to rebuild our defenses won the Cold War. Obama is doing all he can to ensure no American war victory remains in the win column.

That is the unfortunate irony about all this. I said Reagan's presidency stands even now as an undisputed, unqualified success, and it does. All that Reagan accomplished in winning the Cold War was basically forfeited back to the loser in the first week of Obama's Presidency. One of his first acts was to defraud Poland from the missile system headed her way as lawfully agreed to by Obama's predecessors, and was scrapped toot'swēt'. Further, stability in the Middle East region has been negotiated away in favor of a blazing hell. Those who have gone on before understood the tribal system much better than our present community organizer-in-chief, and the orderliness they established though at times uneasy, did last until it was unraveled by the rank amateurs behind the scenes today.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Real Badman Wrote:Being an Independent, I've always loathed Ronald Regan. I'm not sure how tripling the national debt qualifies as an economic surge.

I agree. Unless you are upper-middle class or upper class in the 1980's your morale wasn't that high. He raised taxes 11 times in office. Top earners incomes increased but middle and lower class incomes were nearly frozen while he was in office.

He tripled the national debt. Obama hasn't even doubled it. (not that I brought him into this)

Iran/Contra & spending billions on the Freedom fighters in Afghanistan.

By the way, I thought we didn't want someone born on foreign soil to be our President? (Cruz)
Motley Wrote:I agree. Unless you are upper-middle class or upper class in the 1980's your morale wasn't that high. He raised taxes 11 times in office. Top earners incomes increased but middle and lower class incomes were nearly frozen while he was in office.

He tripled the national debt. Obama hasn't even doubled it. (not that I brought him into this)

By the way, I thought we didn't want someone born on foreign soil to be our President? (Cruz)

The only relevant question is as to who raised it the most. The Fairy holds that distinction by an enormous margin. The Fairy, along with Chewbacca (his mate), hold the distinction of dividing the country more than at any time since the Civil War.

By the way, are your sources concerning the alleged 11 tax hikes the same ones as TheRealVille uses?
Motley Wrote:I agree. Unless you are upper-middle class or upper class in the 1980's your morale wasn't that high. He raised taxes 11 times in office. Top earners incomes increased but middle and lower class incomes were nearly frozen while he was in office.

LOL were you even here then? Life during President Reagan seemed like getting out of jail after the misery of the Carter years. Reagan's 'triple' has happened every one year cycle of the Obama era. I bet the labor statistics as calculated under the the new system meet with your complete satisfaction. In other words, cooking the numbers seem to be of little consequence to you when attempting to validate this President's abysmal record on finance.

EXCERPT---
"The best metric is normalization to the size of the economy. As is clear from the figure below, under Reagan the federal debt increased from 30.8 percent of GDP in January 1981 to 49.6 percent of GDP in January 1989, for a total increase of 18.8 percent of GDP. By comparison, the federal debt under Obama has increased from 77.4 percent of GDP in January 2009 up to 101.3 percent of GDP as of the latest data release in July 2014, for a total increase of 23.9 percent."
Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2015...z3VVjJw4Qq

Now, 49 percent of the GDP (under Reagan) means we were in clover compared to where we are now, over 100%. A debt to earning ratio that any economist will tell you is the formula for disaster. But, even that does not adequately define in real terms what we're talking about here with regard to the national debt comparison between Reagan (8yrs) and Obama (6 1/2 years and counting).

During Reagan's first four years the US increased debt total was a paltry 823 billion. The national debt clock ticks off more than that, a trillion plus, every 6 months right now. During Reagan's second four years we saw the debt increase just over one trillion. Mostly owing to the fact that Mr Reagan had to rebuild our barely functioning military, (the benefits of which we are still reaping BTW).

Under Obama thus far we have seen trillion plus debt increases each year. From 10.8 ish trillion in 2009 to over 18 trillion as of today. And he's not done yet by a long shot. And the military? A mere ghost of it's former self.

President Barack Obama on Monday unveiled a $4 trillion fiscal year 2016 budget that will add more than $6 trillion to the national debt over the next 10 years, lifting spending limits on national security and discretionary domestic spending. That is, assuming Congress adopts the proposal as is – which is very unlikely, according to House Budget Committee Chairman Tom Price, R-Ga.
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015...016-budget
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Look at the state of the country and the attitude and enthusiasm of its citizens when the Gipper was president. Then compare both to the present climate with the Fairy as president. Also, look at the national debt under the Gipper and the national debt under the Fairy.

You lose.

The American people had the same feeling when Nixon (the only other relevant GOP president since Eisenhower) was president. The attitude and enthusiasm of Americans was undying...but this is the American spirit...Obviously not the actions of one man...it's just always nice to have a breath of fresh air after you go through a fire. At the time Russia was falling apart internally, the cold war -- all but over essentially. Regan's increased military spending just as expanding the idea from NSC 68 under Truman when Russia was still a threat. I'm not comparing Regan to any one president, but simply giving a personal opinion based on his record. The man's personal character is what I've always found distasteful. So I'll have to disagree with you, I do not lose.
Real Badman Wrote:The American people had the same feeling when Nixon (the only other relevant GOP president since Eisenhower) was president. The attitude and enthusiasm of Americans was undying...but this is the American spirit...Obviously not the actions of one man...it's just always nice to have a breath of fresh air after you go through a fire. At the time Russia was falling apart internally, the cold war -- all but over essentially. Regan's increased military spending just as expanding the idea from NSC 68 under Truman when Russia was still a threat. I'm not comparing Regan to any one president, but simply giving a personal opinion based on his record. The man's personal character is what I've always found distasteful. So I'll have to disagree with you, I do not lose.
I strongly disagree. I remember the Nixon years well. The WIN (whip inflation now) campaign. Wage and price controls. Nixon was a horrible president domestically. I also remember the Carter years of misery. The economy boomed because of Reagan's economic policies and went from awful to booming quicker than it has during any other period of my lifetime.
Real Badman Wrote:The American people had the same feeling when Nixon (the only other relevant GOP president since Eisenhower) was president. The attitude and enthusiasm of Americans was undying...but this is the American spirit...Obviously not the actions of one man...it's just always nice to have a breath of fresh air after you go through a fire. At the time Russia was falling apart internally, the cold war -- all but over essentially. Regan's increased military spending just as expanding the idea from NSC 68 under Truman when Russia was still a threat. I'm not comparing Regan to any one president, but simply giving a personal opinion based on his record. The man's personal character is what I've always found distasteful. So I'll have to disagree with you, I do not lose.

HUH? Is this supposed to be a serious post? Nixon inspired nada when it comes to national enthusiasm. I've heard Reagan's accomplishments compared to just about every subsequent President. The most absurd would have to be from Obama's own imagination, (of course he thinks he is Abe Lincoln too) next undoubtedly would have to be any kind of a Reagan likening to Nixon. Liberal think tankers can draw all kinds of far orbit parallels from the record, if you'd been there and paying attention you'd know better.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:HUH? Is this supposed to be a serious post? Nixon inspired nada when it comes to national enthusiasm. I've heard Reagan's accomplishments compared to just about every subsequent President. The most absurd would have to be from Obama's own imagination, (of course he thinks he is Abe Lincoln too) next undoubtedly would have to be any kind of a Reagan likening to Nixon. Liberal think tankers can draw all kinds of far orbit parallels from the record, if you'd been there and paying attention you'd know better.

Nixon's firery hate for the soviet and its communism is what won him election. I am not debating tripling the nations debt vs. the clear attempt to rig an American election. If I was going to compare Regan to another president I think I would compare him to William Howard Taft. And to be fair, I would consider myself moderate, not a liberal.
Real Badman Wrote:Nixon's firery hate for the soviet and its communism is what won him election. I am not debating tripling the nations debt vs. the clear attempt to rig an American election. If I was going to compare Regan to another president I think I would compare him to William Howard Taft. And to be fair, I would consider myself moderate, not a liberal.

Sorry about that but, you quoted HRV who referenced the enthusiasm experienced during the Reagan administration, which you seemed to have compared to American enthusiasm of the Nixon years. Like I said, I was there and to me that comparison is off the mark. From the end of WW2 the Carter Presidency posed the only adversity America had to struggle through. High gas, foreclosures, no work, high electricity, staggering inflation. It really was as bad as they say. Reagan came in and solved all those ills during his presidency and I am glad I got to see it.

I contrasted Reagan and Obama because of their polar opposite performances. IMO, Obama has more than erased the gains made by Reagan and eclipsed the bumbling naïveté of Jimmy Carter. I mean, for anybody to state categorically that global warming is a bigger threat than the boiling cauldron of unrest in the Middle East and Europe, means his left and right hemispheres are not acquainted as well as I would like to think a US President's should be. :biggrin:

And FTR, I am in no way suggesting that Mr Obama's missteps are born of any lack of intelligence on his part. Rather it is his dogged adherence to the liberal rationale that makes him more daring in his EO's and last minute push of the agenda.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I think its time to finally start facing the sad facts for most liberals. Obama has now been in office for almost 7 years and the lives of those in the middle class have only worsened, especially in our part of the country, while more and more debt gets added on.

Instead of admitting the mistakes of a two time Obama voter, they will simply shift there focus to doing the next PC and diverse thing in supporting the first female president. No matter how many shes killed or how many times shes lied, or how many scandals always surround her.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I think its time to finally start facing the sad facts for most liberals. Obama has now been in office for almost 7 years and the lives of those in the middle class have only worsened, especially in our part of the country, while more and more debt gets added on.

Instead of admitting the mistakes of a two time Obama voter, they will simply shift there focus to doing the next PC and diverse thing in supporting the first female president. No matter how many shes killed or how many times shes lied, or how many scandals always surround her.

Exactly. And there is a certain rhyme and reason to the madness if one would care to observe it. Take the ongoing refi frenzy we see all around the country. I believe the administration is encouraging the various lending institutions to take on all these refi's. The reason? As you mention, the rising cost of living, exacerbated by decade long wage stagnation, has eaten away the savings of the middle class and their ability to maintain their lifestyle. The only place for them to turn seems to be a refi. In doing that the individual is forced to borrow against any financial gains he may have made during his lifetime in spending his equities in a last ditch effort to tread water in hopes that the economy will get better.

Individual wealth is therefore being wiped out and America fares even worse at the national level. When we hear that the national debt is more than our GDP, red flags should wave. But, liberals want to transform us and in order to placate the masses until after it is too late to stop said transformation, the fed and the lenders are engaged in quantitative easing, (a form of printing money as they say).

To me an even more open handed slap in the face comes via a forced feeding we have all dubbed ObamaCare. In ultimate irony, all but the most fortunate among the middle class now find themselves at the very threshold the administration claimed to be delivering them away from when selling ObamaCare. Gullible Americans just would not believe their government would ever do anything to hurt them. The main problem with that line of reason was that only one party backed the initiative, not one Republican signed on. And yet America sat with the spit dripping off her chin while the law went into effect over the warnings of those same frantically opposed Republicans. At any rate, financially strapped as the vast majority of Americans are, they are literally one serious medical incident away from losing their homes. This is especially true for the retired, whose health premiums now consume much of their retirement incomes
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thank you so much for making a post on this thread. I really enjoy reading and comparing what we were saying in the past.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This kind of idiotic thought process is what Democrats count on to get elected.