Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UofL is seeing Orange
I go to UofL and I love the school but I feel the BCS officials granted UofL the Big East Championship a bit too early. After the UofL/UConn game the BCS officials gave the team the official Orange Bowl Patch, a good 4 1/2 hours before the Rutgers/WVU game had even started. What would they have done if WVU had not won the game, would UofL still be playing in the Orange Bowl and have Rutgers in the Rose or Fiesta bowl?? Or would they have just sent UofL a new memo stating they would be playing in the Sun Bowl?? I understand the entire assumption that WVU would beat Rutgers at WVU but it was no guarantee, and I'm not sure if they should've handed out the patches before that game was even played....

Tell me what you think the BCS should've done...
cardinalfan27 Wrote:Tell me what you think the BCS should've done...

The BCS should revise their system and have a playoff, this would end all the scrutiny that comes with the BCS calculations/computer rankings.
Screw the BCS, they need to go to a playoff. Maybe in a high school format but without classes, take the top 4 teams out of each conference, send each team from the conference to a different region (like the NCAA tourney) and let them play it out.
BIGBLACK Wrote:The BCS should revise their system and have a playoff, this would end all the scrutiny that comes with the BCS calculations/computer rankings.

I agree with you 100% BIGBLACK.They need a better system,but all their worried about is selling tickets!!!:thumpsup:
cardsfan Wrote:I agree with you 100% BIGBLACK.They need a better system,but all their worried about is selling tickets!!!:thumpsup:

You can still have the other bowl games, but make it similar to the Nextel Race for the Cup. Take the top 8 teams and have a playoff. That way the BCS would now have 7 games instead of 5. More money and much more interesting in my honest opinion.
agreed BIGBLACK