Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middleboro takes Corbin 7-4 in 9 innings
Way to go Jackets!!!!
Great win Jackets.. Not a typical Corbin team!
You could have just left it at great win Jackets. This game came down to who wanted it more. WE are capable of competing. Half the time I'm not sure what team you pull for.
Yeah, you wouldn't want the truth or anything.
Corbin is always competitive, and they could still make a long run in the tournament, but they aren't as good as usual.
HCS Wrote:Yeah, you wouldn't want the truth or anything.
Corbin is always competitive, and they could still make a long run in the tournament, but they aren't as good as usual.
To whom are you speaking???? I am proud of the Jackets, and I am not going to defend the Jackets, no need to. They are capable of competing. I joined this to defend Middlesboro when needed. I have read so many post where you have berated Middlesboro and like I said to someone else, stop the sarcastic remarks. I am not going to argue with you. Middlesboro is capable of winning and I will cheer for them win or lose. I have a son on that team, and I KNOW he is an asset to Middlesboro, darn good player. So I am taking offense to anything you say. If you want to put down Middlesboro, do so, but do not direct your post toward anything I say. If you want to say Middlesboro sucks, fine. However, stop referring to my post. You are one of the reason I joined this. It was a win for us plain and simple. And believe me when I say, I am proud of those boys. All this arguing and putting us down has me wondering why??? What has Middlesboro ever done to deserve the treatment they get on this site. I take it one game at a time, and last night they won. I am not going to bash any team on here, and if Middlesboro isn't playing, I follow other teams and have my favorites, some I do not like so well, but you will never see me down a group of kids. Do you even have a child that plays??? I am going to say no. You do not have any idea what a parent feels like when they constantly see a team put down or excuses made when they win. GET OFF OF MDDLESBORO! Find someone else to trash talk or slide in your ridiculous comments.
HCS Wrote:Yeah, you wouldn't want the truth or anything.
Corbin is a very young team. The starting pitcher was an 8th grader. This was the 5th or 6th game this year they have went into the 7th inning with the lead and haven't been able to finish. Congrats Middlesboro on the win.
We have a pitcher that is very young as well. We also have seniors that are gone on their senior trip. So, Middlesboro has played young this week. Thank you for your comment.
Outside of SOUTH and North, many in this region are about the same. Average baseball at best. Great games to watch. This region is theirs to lose.
HCHS took North out 11-3. Do not count HCHS out. They beat Middlesboro 4-1 at M'boro and then beat us by 1 at HCHS You are right, they are great games to watch. North beat South. I take it one game at a time. May the best team win. I hate to lose, but not to the point that I won't give credit where credit is due. My only point is that Middlesboro is a contender, we'll play the game and we'll see what happens.
Has Middlesboro played North? I know they have not played South. When do you play them? If not, can not compare. Way to many varibles.
All About That Ball Wrote:To whom are you speaking???? I am proud of the Jackets, and I am not going to defend the Jackets, no need to. They are capable of competing. I joined this to defend Middlesboro when needed. I have read so many post where you have berated Middlesboro and like I said to someone else, stop the sarcastic remarks. I am not going to argue with you. Middlesboro is capable of winning and I will cheer for them win or lose. I have a son on that team, and I KNOW he is an asset to Middlesboro, darn good player. So I am taking offense to anything you say. If you want to put down Middlesboro, do so, but do not direct your post toward anything I say. If you want to say Middlesboro sucks, fine. However, stop referring to my post. You are one of the reason I joined this. It was a win for us plain and simple. And believe me when I say, I am proud of those boys. All this arguing and putting us down has me wondering why??? What has Middlesboro ever done to deserve the treatment they get on this site. I take it one game at a time, and last night they won. I am not going to bash any team on here, and if Middlesboro isn't playing, I follow other teams and have my favorites, some I do not like so well, but you will never see me down a group of kids. Do you even have a child that plays??? I am going to say no. You do not have any idea what a parent feels like when they constantly see a team put down or excuses made when they win. GET OFF OF MDDLESBORO! Find someone else to trash talk or slide in your ridiculous comments.

Show me a couple of those posts "berating" Middlesboro.
I pointed out that the previous poster was correct in that noting Corbin was not quite as strong as usual. Nothing was said about Middlesboro.
Paul Crewe Wrote:Has Middlesboro played North? I know they have not played South. When do you play them? If not, can not compare. Way to many varibles.
I am not quite sure when we play them. Our schedule has been so messed up because of the weather and if they have a new schedule, I do not have it. The KHSAA should have it updated, but have not been on there. We go to Whitley tonight and I am certain that this is not what was scheduled on the old schedule. Do not know much about Whitley, so I can give no opinion of what will happen there. Just cheering for the Jackets!
Yeah, you wouldn't want the truth or anything.
Go away, please! Dang!
This poster is on you too, HCS. Remind you of anyone? Cheer for the Jackets, really. This is the only bright spot they have had all year. They will emplode before it is over, mark it down.
You're probably right, Boz. He's trying to show a tad more class, but that probably won't last.
All About That Ball Wrote:Yeah, you wouldn't want the truth or anything.
Go away, please! Dang!

I don't see anything about Middlesboro in that post. That was directed to you and you are not Middlesboro. I have met too many nice/classy people there to ever think you are typical of Middlesboro.

Again, find posts where I "berated" Middlesboro.
I did rank Middlesboro very low in the basketball ratings going into the season, and as we saw, it was correct. I don't rank teams based on fans.
All About That Ball Wrote:We have a pitcher that is very young as well. We also have seniors that are gone on their senior trip. So, Middlesboro has played young this week. Thank you for your comment.
My comment wasn't for you.
TheBoz Wrote:This poster is on you too, HCS. Remind you of anyone? Cheer for the Jackets, really. This is the only bright spot they have had all year. They will emplode before it is over, mark it down.
Remind you of anyone??? Who, No 1 Fan??? You are way off, I don't think you're a kid. I only think this is the only way for you to get back at Middlesboro. Imploding???? Straighten out your football team, and most definitely your baseball team, then you may have a legitimate reason to say something. I will say this, if you are a kid, you know my son and in what world would you ever beat him??? You may beat Middlesboro, but you won't beat him. I've read your post very carefully and I know you think No 1 Fan is me and or my son. I'm not hiding anything on here. If you are not a kid, you know my son is a threat, so do what you have to, if you can catch him. If you are who they say you are, I am very hurt, and you can guarantee you will never be near my son again, and you sure better stay clear of me. You should be ashamed. I would never have spoke against you like you have my son, nor would I bad mouth Pineville the way you have Middleboro.
Paul Crewe Wrote:Outside of SOUTH and North, many in this region are about the same. Average baseball at best. Great games to watch. This region is theirs to lose.
I've watched South several times this year. They have enough talent to make a deep run at state. I know, they gotta win the 13th first, but they are the big dog in the 13th as of now.
jamesdeane Wrote:My comment wasn't for you.
Oh, excuse me. Where did I say it was for me? I just commented on it. I appreciated a positive comment about the Jackets. However, I apologize for thanking you. You want to talk about young, I was only saying the same about the Jackets. Totally unnecessary reply.
HCS Wrote:I don't see anything about Middlesboro in that post. That was directed to you and you are not Middlesboro. I have met too many nice/classy people there to ever think you are typical of Middlesboro.

Again, find posts where I "berated" Middlesboro.
I did rank Middlesboro very low in the basketball ratings going into the season, and as we saw, it was correct. I don't rank teams based on fans.
I have been on this site for maybe a week. I have read many post about Middlesboro as far back as 2012. Please do not talk to me about class. I saw my son's initials on here, and I am here to defend him and Middlesboro. I am very typical Middlesboro when it comes to defending them and my son. You are right about basketball. However, my son sucks at basketball and I have no opinion there anyway, except to say I wish the season had been better for them and the former coach is a good man. Fans have no say what happens, do I think it was right??? No, but not my circus and sure not my monkeys. Doesn't mean that I agree, I just thank God I get a rest during basketball season. Just stay off of me, and I will do the same. I'm out in the open and I do not care that anyone knows who I am, as long as they are correct.
All About That Ball Wrote:Oh, excuse me. Where did I say it was for me? I just commented on it. I appreciated a positive comment about the Jackets. However, I apologize for thanking you. You want to talk about young, I was only saying the same about the Jackets. Totally unnecessary reply.
My goodness what a thin skinned, defensive little twit you are. Why don't you whine like a 3 year old child some more, since you're so good at it. Wow.
I've never posted anyone's initials, and I certainly have not criticized any student athlete from Middlesboro or anywhere else, so you have me confused with someone else.
I'm old school and remember the days we the Jacket and Coach P and Corbin got after each other with outstanding talent. As good of talent in the state. I think both teams are young, but jackets have better talent than Corbin.. JMO
Both had great teams for several years.
I remember the Middlesboro-Cumberland battles of the 1980s; two of the best coaches in the state with Morris against Powell.
Absolutely... Roger was a great!!
jamesdeane Wrote:My goodness what a thin skinned, defensive little twit you are. Why don't you whine like a 3 year old child some more, since you're so good at it. Wow.
Do you drink your coffee or tea with your little finger in the air? I can't help that I have manners and you don't. You sound like the three yo. Are you a Corbin fan???? If your not, you really have no business is this. You are shut down James Dean. By the way, it would be Dean with no e. Your welcome.
HCS Wrote:I've never posted anyone's initials, and I certainly have not criticized any student athlete from Middlesboro or anywhere else, so you have me confused with someone else.
Go back and read again...I said I saw my sons initials on here, not that you used them on here. You will not read me referring to a child either, except my own. And I will not say his name. Read carefully before you speak. Now if you are taking this type of stance toward me because of who you think I am, you are wrong. Like I ask you before, do not address me again!
All About That Ball Wrote:Do you drink your coffee or tea with your little finger in the air? I can't help that I have manners and you don't. You sound like the three yo. Are you a Corbin fan???? If your not, you really have no business is this. You are shut down James Dean. By the way, it would be Dean with no e. Your welcome.
Oh, I'm sorry, you are a Corbin fan. I do apologize, I fully understand now. It's tough when a team has 4 freshman on the field and most seniors gone, and you still get beat. Ouch. My condolences.
All About That Ball Wrote:Go back and read again...I said I saw my sons initials on here, not that you used them on here. You will not read me referring to a child either, except my own. And I will not say his name. Read carefully before you speak. Now if you are taking this type of stance toward me because of who you think I am, you are wrong. Like I ask you before, do not address me again!

You saw your sons initials on here.......but you are not who he thinks you are???? :HitWall: