Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Republican Presidential Candidates
Granny Bear Wrote:Wonder who Trump is eyeing as a running mate??
That's a good question, and i believe his decision will help or hurt him. If he comes in with a wild something, then he can forget it, he needs to pick carefully on this. He also needs to surround himself with good advisors. He's going to need help with foreign affairs.
I couldn't agree more. His choice of VP will make or break his campaign....IMO
Granny Bear Wrote:I couldn't agree more. His choice of VP will make or break his campaign....IMO

Come-on Granny Bear do you think trump will make it to thanksgiving. Confusednicker:
Demarcus ware Wrote:I'm with you, i've always took up for Republicans whether it be here or any forum. BUT as of late they are making it hard for me to do that. Take Mccain for example, in the past i would argue on his behalf just because he was a fellow vet, and a republican, but after seeing that his state is the worst for VA care, and seeing how he hasn't supported other vets, and not only not supported but actually hurt vets then i lost all respect for the man as a Senator. Yeah, i'll give you he was a POW, but the reason he was a POW was because he disobeyed orders, had he not been shot down, he probably would have been kicked out. Either way, i'll give him his respect as a POW, but other than that, he's just a RINO that hasn't done anything in a very long time.

64SUR Wrote:RunItUpTheGut is what i'm hearing or TheRealThing. :Sad04:

Exactly right and that's all Trump was saying when he spoke of the matter during that interview. You know, people like to throw the word hero around for some pretty routine stuff. Frankly, just about everybody who does their job with diligence in the US armed services is a hero in the strictest sense of the word. That is one reason that soldiers have such affection and dedication toward one another when they serve. Sacrifice is contagious, and serving with honor is it's own reward. I had some pretty hard days back when I served but, they were also among the best days of my life and a source of pride. I don't begrudge one second of time that I served.

That was a funny comeback there 64. I would not make a VP but, I'd love to be part of a Trump administration in a much lesser post. There is sore need for plain talk in this land and I'd love to contribute. :biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Granny Bear Wrote:I couldn't agree more. His choice of VP will make or break his campaign....IMO

Great sig Granny and well done. Honestly now, is there really any doubt why the Ayatollah ate Obama's lunch at the nuclear NON-negotiations? I mean on one side of the table you had the friends of ISIS and, on the other you had the Mom jean sportin rainbow boys. :please:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
64SUR Wrote:Come-on Granny Bear do you think trump will make it to thanksgiving. Confusednicker:

Make it to Thanksgiving?

Are you kidding me? Have you heard the people? Have you seen the polls?

The real question is will Trump have this locked up by November!
Demarcus ware Wrote:That's a good question, and i believe his decision will help or hurt him. If he comes in with a wild something, then he can forget it, he needs to pick carefully on this. He also needs to surround himself with good advisors. He's going to need help with foreign affairs.

This is the crucial thing.
I have faith Trump knows when to turn down the character that gives him ratings and makes a pivotal choice for Vice President.
He needs to go after someone that's popular in the Republican Party and can garner votes that Trump cant. I think Cruz would be an excellent choice. Could you imagine a stronger spine in the white house?

Just look at it and tell me if you were Putin or China who youd be more afraid of and bow to?

Barry and Uncle Joe
Trump and Cruz

Its ridiculous the amount of difference and contrast between those two pairs.

America needs two people like Trump and Cruz. Trump will be a jobs and economy first president, and Cruz will lock in the deeply conservative and constitution lovers.

Its a WIN WIN for me.

Hillary is going to be the Dem nominee obviously, my question is who is going to be her pick? Theres not a single person in the democratic party left worth oxygen.

And one little side note, Ive been keeping up with Ivanka Trump for years now, (and no not because she is absolutely gorgeous, although that would be a good reason) but because she is extremely intelligent. If you ever have a chance, read up on some of her speeches and writings.
She has a speech writer! She MUST!! Anybody that beautiful can't be that smart, too!
Confusednicker:

Trump is on his third wife. I can envision Bill Clinton talking about Trump and infidelity now!

64SUR, I do think Trump will be around at Thanksgiving. So will my turkey and dressing if you're in the neighborhood.

Smile
TheRealThing Wrote:Exactly right and that's all Trump was saying when he spoke of the matter during that interview. You know, people like to throw the word hero around for some pretty routine stuff. Frankly, just about everybody who does their job with diligence in the US armed services is a hero in the strictest sense of the word. That is one reason that soldiers have such affection and dedication toward one another when they serve. Sacrifice is contagious, and serving with honor is it's own reward. I had some pretty hard days back when I served but, they were also among the best days of my life and a source of pride. I don't begrudge one second of time that I served.

That was a funny comeback there 64. I would not make a VP but, I'd love to be part of a Trump administration in a much lesser post. There is sore need for plain talk in this land and I'd love to contribute. :biggrin:
Yeah, the word hero has lost it's meaning somewhere along the way, every time i turn around someone is being labeled a hero for doing nothing. As for the Mccain deal, I had the IAVA (Iraq Afghanistan veterans of america) want me to sign a petition calling for Trumps apology because they say since he insulted one vet he insulted us all...This after they had Obama give a speech and he left with a standing ovation. Well IAVA, not only did i take away my membership, i also stopped all donations as well. I will not be apart of an organization thats purpose is to support vets but jumps into politics, especially liberal politics. Not only did they lose my donations, but thousands of others as well. My Email to them wasn't politically correct, it was mostly to inform them that they don't speak for me, and that they broke their own rules by jumping into politics period. As a veteran i did not feel offended, if anything i was happy to see someone say what needed to be said. Now, i just hope Trump picks a good VP, someone that can really bring in the conservative votes, because i honestly do think this man can make a difference.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Yeah, the word hero has lost it's meaning somewhere along the way, every time i turn around someone is being labeled a hero for doing nothing. As for the Mccain deal, I had the IAVA (Iraq Afghanistan veterans of america) want me to sign a petition calling for Trumps apology because they say since he insulted one vet he insulted us all...This after they had Obama give a speech and he left with a standing ovation. Well IAVA, not only did i take away my membership, i also stopped all donations as well. I will not be apart of an organization thats purpose is to support vets but jumps into politics, especially liberal politics. Not only did they lose my donations, but thousands of others as well. My Email to them wasn't politically correct, it was mostly to inform them that they don't speak for me, and that they broke their own rules by jumping into politics period. As a veteran i did not feel offended, if anything i was happy to see someone say what needed to be said. Now, i just hope Trump picks a good VP, someone that can really bring in the conservative votes, because i honestly do think this man can make a difference.

You totally nailed it DM. IAVA for all intent and purpose means the same thing to vets that AARP means to seniors. Both put forth the advertising face they believe will dupe the largest number of their target audience but, being immersed in politics, their true purpose is to function as a bought-and-paid-for campaign arm of the Democratic party, IMHO.

This is the same ploy Dems use with labor. All smoke and mirrors but most folks don't bother to vet them so they continue to get by with the ruse. So many Americans are naïve beyond reason and therefore so easy to fool.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Make it to Thanksgiving?

Are you kidding me? Have you heard the people? Have you seen the polls?

The real question is will Trump have this locked up by November!

Democrat are voting in the Polls also for The Trump Master. Just like the Republician did for Obama against Hillary. And guess what happen Obama Won... Sure hope it don't back fired. And on a side note John Macain is and Americain Hero in my book. Confusedalute:
64SUR Wrote:Democrat are voting in the Polls also for The Trump Master. Just like the Republician did for Obama against Hillary. And guess what happen Obama Won... Sure hope it don't back fired. And on a side note John Macain is and Americain Hero in my book. Confusedalute:

Are you a veteran 64?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
McCain was an American hero but that time has long since passed. As a U.S. Senator, he has done nothing heroic. He has been a corrupt, dimwitted political hack who has selfishly lined his own pockets through marrage and crony capitalism. He has more in common with John Kerry and Hillary Clinton than he does with any conservative Republican.

McCain graduated very near the bottom of his class at West Point and probably would not have even been a cadet had his father not been a high ranking Admiral. McCain is a classless act and I regret casting a vote for him. I wish that I had abstained in that election. If McCain had not been shot down and captured, most of us would never have heard of the man, and that would have been a great thing for this country.
crony capitalism....

I'm gonna have to remember THAT one!!

Wink
Not that I had an overwhelming abundance of respect for the media in the first place, and that includes FOX to be sure. But the way people like Megan Kelly, Chris Wallace, Carl Cameron, Carl Rove and Charles Krauthammer have been going after Trump is shameful. They've all got their reasons, Kelly because Trump actually had the gall to dis some women he has known for example. But it's Wallace and Cameron that really grate on me. I can't stand to hear either of them talk.

Wallace sounds like Cindy Lauper (who is a LGBT activist BTW) and hasn't a conservative bone in his body. Cameron thinks he is so shrewd that no one realizes his bias when reporting the so-called political news, wrong! The better Trump does in the polls, the more they dog pile on him. Don't get me wrong, I'd still LOVE to see Cruz get the nomination. But the self admiration in which such pundits swim, is far and away a better example of textbook narcissism that that of Donald Trump.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Not that I had an overwhelming abundance of respect for the media in the first place, and that includes FOX to be sure. But the way people like Megan Kelly, Chris Wallace, Carl Cameron, Carl Rove and Charles Krauthammer have been going after Trump is shameful. They've all got their reasons, Kelly because Trump actually had the gall to dis some women he has known for example. But it's Wallace and Cameron that really grate on me. I can't stand to hear either of them talk.

Wallace sounds like Cindy Lauper (who is a LGBT activist BTW) and hasn't a conservative bone in his body. Cameron thinks he is so shrewd that no one realizes his bias when reporting the so-called political news, wrong! The better Trump does in the polls, the more they dog pile on him. Don't get me wrong, I'd still LOVE to see Cruz get the nomination. But the self admiration in which such pundits swim, is far and away a better example of textbook narcissism that that of Donald Trump.

It was sickening to watch what Fox did to Trump in that debate.
They deserve to get there asses kicked and if I were Trump and that happened again, and the RNC didn't do anything about it, id run as an independent just to screw the lot.
Megyn Kelly made Candy Crowley look like a pro last night.
64SUR Wrote:Democrat are voting in the Polls also for The Trump Master. Just like the Republician did for Obama against Hillary. And guess what happen Obama Won... Sure hope it don't back fired. And on a side note John Macain is and Americain Hero in my book. Confusedalute:

You better hope Hillary isn't in prison come election time.

Shes to busy keeping up the kardashian girl to worry about miniscule things like the economy.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:You better hope Hillary isn't in prison come election time.

Shes to busy keeping up the kardashian girl to worry about miniscule things like the economy.

You better hope they don't start a mini series called 17 grumpy Republican that want be president. Preview sure look good on Fox's news Thursday night. Get ready and vote for another Bush. :lmao:
64SUR Wrote:You better hope they don't start a mini series called 17 grumpy Republican that want be president. Preview sure look good on Fox's news Thursday night. Get ready and vote for another Bush. :lmao:
There is no doubt that what Hillary Clinton did by setting up a private email server in her home and using it to store classified documents was a criminal act. Do you believe that there are enough idiots in this country willing to vote a criminal into the White House?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:There is no doubt that what Hillary Clinton did by setting up a private email server in her home and using it to store classified documents was a criminal act. Do you believe that there are enough idiots in this country willing to vote a criminal into the White House?

Absolutely. And they will do so. The media will do all it can to keep Trump in the picture so he can disrupt the Republicans and destroy its chances of beating Clinton. Perot guaranteed victory for Bill. Trump will do the same for Hillary.

The Republicans will continue to fight while Hillary sits back and watches the media cover the fight while her crimes fade into the woodwork.

Democrats know how to win. The ends always justify whatever sinister means they use. The Republicans, on the other hand, are ignorant and self destructive.

The FBI isn't going to hurt Hillary. Who dictates to the FBI? And who runs the U.S. Justice Department? And whose skinny ass is in the White House?
Memo Luna Wrote:Absolutely. And they will do so. The media will do all it can to keep Trump in the picture so he can disrupt the Republicans and destroy its chances of beating Clinton. Perot guaranteed victory for Bill. Trump will do the same for Hillary.

The Republicans will continue to fight while Hillary sits back and watches the media cover the fight while her crimes fade into the woodwork.

Democrats know how to win. The ends always justify whatever sinister means they use. The Republicans, on the other hand, are ignorant and self destructive.

The FBI isn't going to hurt Hillary. Who dictates to the FBI? And who runs the U.S. Justice Department? And whose skinny ass is in the White House?
My question was a semi-rhetorical, have you stopped beating your wife type of question. The fact that we are past the halfway point of a second Obama term is proof that there is no shortage of idiots willing to vote a criminal into the presidency.

That being said, this election is the Republican Party's race to lose and I do not underestimate the ability of Reince Priebus, Karl Rove, and the braintrust at Fox News to screw up a sure thing. The way that FNC ran the first Republican debate was a disgrace. I don't blame Donald Trump for refusing to endorse the ultimate eGOP nominee in advanced. Nor do I blame him for refusing to rule out a third-party run and if Priebus and company are successful in rigging the nomination process to run another RINO in 2016, I will not condemn Trump for running as an independent. In that event, I will probably vote for Trump, but I hope that it does not come to that.
I was a little disappointed in Trump because he didn't take advantage of some golden opportunities in that debate.

Wish he'd "leak" that he's considering Carson or Carly as a running mate. I thought Carly had some wonderful answers, and she's got some tenacity.
Granny Bear Wrote:I was a little disappointed in Trump because he didn't take advantage of some golden opportunities in that debate.

Wish he'd "leak" that he's considering Carson or Carly as a running mate. I thought Carly had some wonderful answers, and she's got some tenacity.
Carly may have turned in the best debate performance of the day. She dominated the early debate and her six opponents did not do a bad job, the just ran into a buzz saw.

As for talk of running mates, I think that would have been seen by many as a bit disrespectful to his opponents. I love Ben Carson, but I want to see Republicans run a bulldog as the VP candidate. Fiorina fits that bill and so does Ted Cruz. As I said in another thread, if Hillary wins the Dimocrat nomination, then Republicans should run somebody who can make Hillary feel like she is a defendant in a criminal trial.

In fact, maybe the Republican candidate should consider promising Hillary a pardon if she withdraws from the campaign. Give her the full Nixon treatment, which is more than she would have done for him. Nixon was a choirboy compared to the Clintons.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:There is no doubt that what Hillary Clinton did by setting up a private email server in her home and using it to store classified documents was a criminal act. Do you believe that there are enough idiots in this country willing to vote a criminal into the White House?

I watch a bunch of idiots voted George Bush Jr in for a second term. Confusedhh:
^^
That's because his opposition was an even BIGGER idiot!!

I would pay to see Fiorina debate Clinton. It would be like watching a car accident.

I've heard a lot of people announce who they thought the winner was in that debate and their rationale. To me, Cruz won hands down. AND he charismatic.

The presidential race for 2016 is heating up early.
64SUR Wrote:I watch a bunch of idiots voted George Bush Jr in for a second term. Confusedhh:
What crime did Bush commit? What evidence did he destroy in response to a subpoena? I will take a shot in the dark and guess that you voted for the dope, John Kerry, for Obama twice, and cannot wait to do vote twice for the criminal, Hillary Clinton. :lmao:
Granny Bear Wrote:^^
That's because his opposition was an even BIGGER idiot!!

I would pay to see Fiorina debate Clinton. It would be like watching a car accident.

I've heard a lot of people announce who they thought the winner was in that debate and their rationale. To me, Cruz won hands down. AND he charismatic.

The presidential race for 2016 is heating up early.
I agree on all counts, Granny. The GOPe cut the number of debates in half to limit the amount of time their boy, Jeb, would have to share a stage with Ted Cruz, and Cruz stil mopped the floor with him in the first debate. Most of the candidates turned in pretty good performances in the Thursday debates, but Bush was not one of them.

I saw the brilliant Debbie Wasserman Shultz ridicule Republicans for reducing the number of debates to nine. She thinks that nobody is going to notice that the Democrats only plan to hold six debates, the first of which will be held in October.

Hillary Clinton is running the most bizarre campaign that I have ever seen by dodging her opponents and the media and refusing to take positions on issues that polls say are important to most Americans.

I would pay to watch a debate between Hillary and either Fiorina or Cruz.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:What crime did Bush commit? What evidence did he destroy in response to a subpoena? I will take a shot in the dark and guess that you voted for the dope, John Kerry, for Obama twice, and cannot wait to do vote twice for the criminal, Hillary Clinton. :lmao:

You mention Idiots first "Hoot" :please: don't take a shot u may accidentally hit the target. Proved to me that Hillary is a criminal if she is I will looked for another democrat to vote for. My choice to look on this Republican site of notice. :HitWall:
64SUR Wrote:You mention Idiots first "Hoot" :please: don't take a shot u may accidentally hit the target. Proved to me that Hillary is a criminal if she is I will looked for another democrat to vote for. My choice to look on this Republican site of notice. :HitWall:
I am not in position to prove anything. However, like other federal employees and contractors, I am required to undergo annual training that includes the proper handling of classified materials. I know that nearly any other federal employee would be facing criminal charges if they had set up a personal email server and used it to conduct the government's business to avoid FOIA requests. I also know that the FBI is performing a criminal inquiry into this matter.

Ask any reputable attorney what a citizen's responsibility is to preserve potential evidence when they are served with a subpoena. In fact, ask any reputable attorney if it is ethical to selectively destroy potential evidence, even in the absence of a subpoena.

Hillary's attorney should be negotiating a deal to keep his client out of prison. Maybe she is planning on pardoning herself after winning the election. That seems like a risky strategy to me.

It will be poetic justice if a woman who was fired for unethical behavior during the Watergate hearings meets a fate similar to Nixon's.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Carly may have turned in the best debate performance of the day. She dominated the early debate and her six opponents did not do a bad job, the just ran into a buzz saw.

As for talk of running mates, I think that would have been seen by many as a bit disrespectful to his opponents. I love Ben Carson, but I want to see Republicans run a bulldog as the VP candidate. Fiorina fits that bill and so does Ted Cruz. As I said in another thread, if Hillary wins the Dimocrat nomination, then Republicans should run somebody who can make Hillary feel like she is a defendant in a criminal trial.

In fact, maybe the Republican candidate should consider promising Hillary a pardon if she withdraws from the campaign. Give her the full Nixon treatment, which is more than she would have done for him. Nixon was a choirboy compared to the Clintons.

Brilliant ideal!