Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
12th Region 2015-2016
I still have to see Southwest beat Wayne before I'll believe it. That's something they haven't been able to do in some time. Everyone is writing them (Wayne) off and that's a dangerous thing to do.

I too like Fitzgerald and Gover. But mot as much as I like the backcourt of Blevins and Stearns ------ OR Hager and Faulkner.

The advantage that Southwest has on Wayne is depth but I'm not sure that'll be enough for them to beat them. And thats not really an advantage for them going against Mercer.
Southwestern beat wayne co last year 88-66. so it aint been that long.
SW with Gover, Fitzgerald, Butt, clark, dykes, hunter stephens, peyton cundiff and hunter cromer (if he plays this year) will be very deep at guard and they can light it up. people will get to know stephens and cundiff this year they can both shoot lights out. Mercer matches up well with SW and can give them fits. Wayne with blevins and stearns does also. Wayne has gillespie and some young kids that can really play and will get better as the year goes jackson baker is one of them. Wayne will be very good by middle of year.
I honestly believe Sw could play wayne and mercer 10 times each and sw would win 6 of the 10. Off shooting nights is what will get SW and it will happen.
Like last year, there's no slam dunk to win it all. You had 4 top 20 teams last year and I think there will be 3 this year, at least by mid-year.

I'd take Mercer against SW in a series. I think I'd take Mercer against Wayne but haven't seen them match up so I'm less confident about that one. But it's close in both instances, for sure.

I believe Mercer plays AT both Wayne and SW this year. I can't say that I expect them to win those away games. But I could see them losimg one or both of those yet still winning region (neutral site). Either way, there are probably 4 teams that could win it and 3 that wouldn't be a surprise if they did. Sounds a lot like last year.
hard to win at wayne. Wayne last lost at home to east jess in 2012-13 season
Well, Wayne now has Coldiron and Mercer has James. What does this do, if anything, to change the team rankings?

Then there's James who I've seen people say was in the running for 15th region POY. Where does he belong in the 12th region player rankings?
Are Avery Cox & Camryn Jones no longer at East Jess and now at West Jess?
Platinum & Gold Wrote:Are Avery Cox & Camryn Jones no longer at East Jess and now at West Jess?
yes
I really think the 12th is one of more competitive regions year in and year out. I really like Mercer, Wayne and Southwestern as the favorites however all those teams could get beat in the region by a West Jessamine, Pulaski, Casey, Lincoln County or Boyle County. This will be a great year in the 12th Region.
Wolverine Wrote:I really think the 12th is one of more competitive regions year in and year out. I really like Mercer, Wayne and Southwestern as the favorites however all those teams could get beat in the region by a West Jessamine, Pulaski, Casey, Lincoln County or Boyle County. This will be a great year in the 12th Region.

Those 3 eams will be the class of the 12th, no doubt. All top 25 teams. They could get beat by West, but it'd be a big upset. I cannot see a scenario where they'd lose to Boyle this year; and definitely not Lincoln.