Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region 2015-2016
Thoughts and Predictions for next season? Top returning players?
can't wait to watch, 14th region will be a 5 team race next season.

#1 Perry County Central - Beverly, Tobler, Blair, Turner, Back

#2 Hazard - Wells, Johnson, Nidifer, Spurlock, Fletcher

#3 Buckhorn - Hoskins, Crank, Boggs

#4 Letcher Central - Carter, Banks, Gregory, Collins

#5 Knott County Central - Combs, Caudill, Cornett

#1 Beverly (PCC)
#2 Carter (LCC)
#3 Combs (KCC)
#4 Wells (HHS)
#5 Hoskins (BHS)
UK#24 Wrote:can't wait to watch, 14th region will be a 5 team race next season.

#1 Beverly (PCC)
#2 Carter (LCC)
#3 Combs (KCC)
#4 Wells (HHS)
#5 Hoskins (BHS)

I agree with everything really except Tobler is a top 3 player. Not havin him in your top five is a bit of a reach.
Cordia ??
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:Cordia ??

Cordia is not allowed to participate in post season next year...
UK#24 Wrote:can't wait to watch, 14th region will be a 5 team race next season.

#1 Beverly (PCC)
#2 Carter (LCC)
#3 Combs (KCC)
#4 Wells (HHS)
#5 Hoskins (BHS)

dore20 Wrote:I agree with everything really except Tobler is a top 3 player. Not havin him in your top five is a bit of a reach.

I understand Tobler is a outstanding ball player but I cant say he's top 5.
He averaged 10 points and 8 rebounds, which is pretty good. I think his best is yet to come but cant say he's top 5 right now.
dore20 Wrote:I agree with everything really except Tobler is a top 3 player. Not havin him in your top five is a bit of a reach.

Tobler is a very good athlete but not a very good basketball player!
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:Cordia ??

Probation!
Perry Should be preseason #1, Knott will still be tough, Cordia will be good bc you know Rhodes is going to bring in some talent, Hazard will be in the mix, Letcher will be close, and so will Buckhorn
Perry Central, hands down favorite. Should be a fun bunch to watch. If Hazard can get a player or two, they could be in the mix to upset Perry.
1. Hazard
2. Perry
3. Buckhorn
4. Letcher
5. JBS
Perry will be number one in the region with Hazard,Letcher,and Buckhorn following in no particular order.I don't think anyone upsets Perry next year unless Beverly leaves and that's not happening.
Perry should be pre season favorite, but I feel the 14th is going to be wide open for a host of teams. Hazard, Knott and Letcher will have equal shots to claim the title this year.
Hilltopper Wrote:Perry Central, hands down favorite. Should be a fun bunch to watch. If Hazard can get a player or two, they could be in the mix to upset Perry.
Hazard would recruit players? Is that not against the rules?
Chester has some of his nephews coming in for one more run with the Bulldogs. Go Dawgz.................
I think Leslie Co. will be very good next season. They return alot and Blake Asher has returned to the team for his season season. I look for them to be tough this season.
#1 Perry County Central - Braxton Beverly, Damon Tobler, James Blair, Matt Turner, Back

#2 Hazard - Griffin Wells, Jason Johnson, Blake Nidifer, Austin Spurlock, Cade Fletcher

#3 Buckhorn - Conner Hoskins, Josh Crank, Ryan Boggs

#4 Letcher Central - Torell Carter, Austin Banks, Jordan Gregory, Tyler Collins

#5 Knott County Central - Austin Combs, Isaac Caudill, Dalton Cornett

#6 Jackson City - John Turner, Jordan Barnett, Sherman Collins

#7 JBS - Princewill Anosike, Idris Akinyemi, Hunter Hammonds, Steven Silver

#8 Leslie County - Trystan Collett, Collin Smith, Kevin Whitaker

#9 Powell County - Max Hernandez, Adrian Williams, Nate Brooks

#10 Breathitt County - Justin Baker, Ethan Little

#11 Estill County - Caleb Bonny

#12 Wolfe County - Devin Stone, Corey Rice

#13 Owsley County - Chase Combs, James Barrett

#14 Jenkins

#15 Lee County

#16 Riverside
Cordia has a new player. Don't know his name just seen a video of him. He's gonna be pretty awesome for them.
I also seen a video of the new kid they supposedly got and he is a really nice athlete.
Perry,Letcher,and Knott should be there as well.Knott could have another good year in the 14th.Cordia is banned for another year,right?
UK#24 Wrote:#1 Perry County Central - Braxton Beverly, Damon Tobler, James Blair, Matt Turner, Back

#2 Hazard - Griffin Wells, Jason Johnson, Blake Nidifer, Austin Spurlock, Cade Fletcher

#3 Buckhorn - Conner Hoskins, Josh Crank, Ryan Boggs

#4 Letcher Central - Torell Carter, Austin Banks, Jordan Gregory, Tyler Collins

#5 Knott County Central - Austin Combs, Isaac Caudill, Dalton Cornett

#6 Jackson City - John Turner, Jordan Barnett, Sherman Colli
#7 JBS - Princewill Anosike, Idris Akinyemi, Hunter Hammonds, Steven Silver

#8 Leslie County - Trystan Collett, Collin Smith, Kevin Whitaker

#9 Powell County - Max Hernandez, Adrian Williams, Nate Brooks

#10 Breathitt County - Justin Baker, Ethan Little

#11 Estill County - Caleb Bonny

#12 Wolfe County - Devin Stone, Corey Rice

#13 Owsley County - Chase Combs, James Barrett

#14 Jenkins

#15 Lee County

#16 Riverside

Going by this list and player names. I have no choices right now but to pick.

PERRY COUNTY CENTRAL......I would like to pick CORDIA. But since I Kant I'm going to pick them in the ALL A. :worthy:
64SUR Wrote:Going by this list and player names. I have no choices right now but to pick.

PERRY COUNTY CENTRAL......I would like to pick CORDIA. But since I Kant I'm going to pick them in the ALL A. :worthy:

agreed that PCC is the #1 team right now. but 64SUR just like u said in the football thread if the rumors of Blake Asher to hazard r true then Hazard just got alot better.
UK#24 Wrote:agreed that PCC is the #1 team right now. but 64SUR just like u said in the football thread if the rumors of Blake Asher to hazard r true then Hazard just got alot better.

I did see a picture of him with a hazard shirt on yesterday. Could have been photo bomb...I really don't know for sure will be a great pick-up for 1A if true. :igiveup:
I think you can add Joe Benton with Bonny for Estill Co.
From what I am seeing on the AAU circuit Hazard, PCC, and KCC had better have a great year in 2015-16 because Rhodes will be back in the mix in 16-17. He had 2 of the top 9th graders in the KY AAU State Tournament. 7'0" Oumar Kieta (Louisville Magic) and 6'2" Ramon Mecardo (Hoskins Allstars)
From what I am hearing Perry Central may have a couple of Big Men coming to play next season, that come from a pretty good source and one was very good the other mediocure.
To me Knott County will be the teem to beat at Home next year.
1. Knott County
2. Perry Central
3. Buckhorn
4. Letcher Central
5. Hazard
6. Estill County
7. Powell County
Quote:From what I am hearing Perry Central may have a couple of Big Men coming to play next season, that come from a pretty good source and one was very good the other mediocure.

Always bringing in someone because they have no faith in their home grown kids.
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:From what I am seeing on the AAU circuit Hazard, PCC, and KCC had better have a great year in 2015-16 because Rhodes will be back in the mix in 16-17. He had 2 of the top 9th graders in the KY AAU State Tournament. 7'0" Oumar Kieta (Louisville Magic) and 6'2" Ramon Mecardo (Hoskins Allstars)

What will they be 21 or 22 years old by then?