Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swerve at Payback?
The main event at Payback is a fatal four way that looks to be Rollins versus three faces.

Shades of Wrestlemania 2000 when Triple H walked out with the belt against all odds.

The match starts out like that but the swerve happens about 10 minutes in when it goes from everyone versus Rollins to Orton versus the Shield.

After they split up, Rollins had infiltrated the Authority for 9 months and now they're back together with a new mission... To guard the belt.
That was posted on Reddit... I thought it was an interesting angle.
Looking for Reigns turning heel at Payback
It would be hard for them to assemble "The Shield" again.... and it 'Get Over'

Rollins is a great heel.
Ambrose is on fire right now.
Reigns, well... who knows about him. It depends on what city he is in.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
This was just one guy's fantasy booking - I don't think it would be hard to get The Shield over again.

Do I think it's a good idea to break up a faction and bring them back together less than a year later? No.

Do I think this could work? Yes.

Do I think it will happen? No.

Their may be a turn at Payback... but I think they keep building Rollins and he sneaks a win.
Here was the original post

Quote:Randy Orton is heading into a match at Payback in which it's him against the most dominant force in recent WWE history. Sure, it's a fatal fourway and Seth Rollins has been a douche for a year, but the slowest of slow burns could be the Shield getting the WWE and Randy Orton right where they wanted them.
Seth Rollins infiltrated the Authority, kicked out the "Face of the WWE" according the McMahon-Helmsley's and stole the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Roman Reigns went at it from another angle by winning the Royal Rumble to take out the beast incarnate, Brock Lesnar, from the picture. Dean Ambrose, the lunatic, took on fear itself with keeping the Wyatt family occupied. Individually they are strong, but united they are stronger.
You always have to have a Plan B, right Triple H? The Shield went undercover for 9 months and will reunite in a week and half having taken down the ownership of the WWE and retaining the ultimate prize of the World Heavyweight Championship in the process. The Authority will no longer exist and the martial law of the Hounds of Justice will commence. It's a trap, Randy.
zaga_fan Wrote:This was just one guy's fantasy booking - I don't think it would be hard to get The Shield over again.

Do I think it's a good idea to break up a faction and bring them back together less than a year later? No.

Do I think this could work? Yes.

Do I think it will happen? No.

Their may be a turn at Payback... but I think they keep building Rollins and he sneaks a win.

This could work.

NXT needs to send up some heels or VKM needs to do turn some people.

Why re-assemble The Shield when there really isn't a Stable that could challenge them. Nobody wants to see The Shield vs. somebody different from The Authority every PPV.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Very well could happen.

Lesnar is scheduled to face the champion at Summerslam. I don't see Rollins losing the title at Payback...
If I'm not mistaken their was talk awhile back (like last year) about bring the shield back together.

But why would they? Every member of the shield will be wanting the title and all it will do is be disatorious...
I'd be all for The Shield re-uniting. Those were some of the best days WWE were having.

They could re-unit under the goal that now that they have the WWE World Heavyweight Championship in their possession, the ultimate goal will be the protect it.
Their is already talk about Dean Ambrose turning heel here soon...

Roman Reigns has been in the heel turn talk for quite awhile now...

So a Shield reuniting at Payback would not surprise me at all...
I hope not, Rollins is starting to win me over and who will I root for now on the high card? Lesnar?? Bray?? 😕
Having Rollins pin Ambrose doesn’t hurt anyone nearly as much as Ambrose will remain as over as he is, and that’s exactly the reason why I think the company decided to add Ambrose to this match – so he would be the one to get pinned. And that’s why I believe Seth Rollins will regain his WWE World Heavyweight Championship. That and because Triple H said if Rollins didn’t retain, Kane would be fired. I don’t see that happening, even in a professional wrestling storyline.
I think it's getting that time again for Kane to put back on the Mask...
Is this the time for the return of Lesnar?
He's suppose to have a match at Summerslam...So anytime before then...
Stardust Wrote:Having Rollins pin Ambrose doesn’t hurt anyone nearly as much as Ambrose will remain as over as he is, and that’s exactly the reason why I think the company decided to add Ambrose to this match – so he would be the one to get pinned. And that’s why I believe Seth Rollins will regain his WWE World Heavyweight Championship. That and because Triple H said if Rollins didn’t retain, Kane would be fired. I don’t see that happening, even in a professional wrestling storyline.

It's possible they added Ambrose to essentially "sac bunt" to keep the momentum going for everyone else.

But, and take this with a grain of salt, a few of the dirt sheet guys are indicating that it's actually for an Ambrose push.

I don't put a lot of stock in most of those reports - especially since this one cited a "well-known producer".
I'll be honest.
I didn't think this swerve was going to happen...
but when they beat down Orton and threw the triple powerbomb I thought it was happening.

Did it get any of you guys for a second?
It did me. Honestly!
It got me too and I got all excited but kinda knew it was just a small time thing.
I'm ashamed to admit they got me...