Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th region tournament
Draw will be tomorrow (Saturday) at 11, I believe. Harlan Co.'s district final loss to Harlan Ind. has added some suspense to the draw. The Black Bears are going to get North, South or Knox Central as an opening game, so that's one potentially great first round game. If South or Knox Central gets Clay, there could be another one. And Corbin could be a dangerous opener on their home field for North or Knox Central if that happened, so plenty of interesting things could happen. South has to be considered the favorite based on what they've done over the last two years, followed by North, Knox Central, Harlan Co. and Clay Co. Hard to imagine Harlan Ind., Corbin or Barbourville winning three, but with the right draw they might make it past Monday.
Looking forward to good tournament. As you said, plenty of intriguing matchups.
I have seen every team play except Harlan Ind. Whoever gets B'ville will get to rest their better pitchers. Corbin, Clay and seems like Harlan Ind. will make for some interesting first round games. Good Luck to all the teams and lets enjoy some good baseball this coming week.
How many schools are going to be in session on Monday?
Harlan County is out, but Harlan Ind. has class
Van Hagar Wrote:Draw will be tomorrow (Saturday) at 11, I believe. Harlan Co.'s district final loss to Harlan Ind. has added some suspense to the draw. The Black Bears are going to get North, South or Knox Central as an opening game, so that's one potentially great first round game. If South or Knox Central gets Clay, there could be another one. And Corbin could be a dangerous opener on their home field for North or Knox Central if that happened, so plenty of interesting things could happen. South has to be considered the favorite based on what they've done over the last two years, followed by North, Knox Central, Harlan Co. and Clay Co. Hard to imagine Harlan Ind., Corbin or Barbourville winning three, but with the right draw they might make it past Monday.
Spot on.
Watching Hogue pitch against Middlesboro makes me believe when he is on the mound that they arent the team to sleep on..
North Laurel vs Harlan Co.

Knox Central vs Corbin

South Laurel vs Clay Co.

Harlan Ind. vs Barbourville
jamesdeane Wrote:North Laurel vs Harlan Co.

Knox Central vs Corbin

South Laurel vs Clay Co.

Harlan Ind. vs Barbourville

Would you happen to know when the games are and the times? :thanks:
The game times are 11 am, 2 pm ,5 pm, and 8 pm.
Tight End Wrote:Would you happen to know when the games are and the times? :thanks:
North Laurel vs Harlan Co. 11:00 AM

Knox Central vs Corbin 2:00 PM

South Laurel vs Clay Co. 5:00 PM

Harlan Ind. vs Barbourville 8:00 PM

All games played Monday May 25

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/sports/headline...14581.html
North vs Harlan Co 11:00

Knox vs Corbin 2:00

South vs Clay 5:00

Harlan City vs Barbourville 8:00
Leonards_loser Wrote:North vs Harlan Co 11:00

Knox vs Corbin 2:00

South vs Clay 5:00

Harlan City vs Barbourville 8:00

Not crazy about this draw from North's perspective. I'm assuming we will see Sizemore from Harlan Co., who held us to three runs in the beat down they put on us earlier, then if we do advance, Hill from Knox Central, who had us shutout until the 7th in a KC win before spring break, then if we survive again I'm sure it would be Miller from South in the finals. He has been really good all year, and beat us in the region last year.

Having said that, I think the best chance for a first round upset is in the KC-Corbin game. The Redhounds were seemingly improving some down the stretch, and who knows how KC will use their pitching. Clay has a small chance against South, but I would be shocked if it happened, and who knows in the other two games, probably too close to call.
Everyone is playing for seconds: South will defend that title. 2nd game on Monday will be a good one. Corbin IMO will win that one at home..
Harlan Co. Not playing really good as of late.
NL got the worst draw, SL got the best, having said that NL is deeper than anyone in the pitching department. If they can hit, which sometimes they are on sometimes not so much, they could possibly pull an upset.
To be completely honest, any team could win a first round game except Clay.
I don't think anybody beats South, but ive seen stranger things. The parity with the exception of South being a bit above the rest, is amazing this year.