Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eastern kentuky golf
enough about only pikeville golf

lest hear about some other teams and players
Leslie from P-burg won the 15 region as a sophmore.
Names that stand out are.

Sean Leslie(Jr.) - won 15th region individual title
Brooks Herrick(Jr.) - won 58th district
Colby Hayes(Fr.) - advanced to state tourney individually (79)
Chase Carpenter(Jr.) - advanced to state tourney individually (77)
Joe Castle(Jr.) - tied with Matt Savage in PVille invitational tourney
Cameron Bailey(So.)- 82 in regional finals
Trey Jolly (Fr.)- Great player

Forgot that one from Paintsville

Other promising young players:
Pville:
Jordan Newsome
Casey Castle
Austin Isner
PC has some potential player in
Jarrod Thacker and Corey Fannin
Boys. boys .....IMO Joe Castle has Region around his finger if he can keep his head straight
"liveMAROON" Wrote:Boys. boys .....IMO Joe Castle has Region around his finger if he can keep his head straight

By the way, what did Castle shoot at region this year at stonecrest?
Chase Carpenter will be the favorite by far in all matches/tournaments in the upcoming year. Leslie has back to back championships but I think his juice is gone. He just got hot at the right times. Jared Keaton From Paintsville has shown improvement but is pretty much on his own if he wants to have any success. The Paintsville team loses 4 seniors : Casey Young, Tyler VanHoose, Corey Young, and Chris Hess. They will begin rebuilding.

Joe Castle is a player but is streaky. Cameron Bailey can go low from Hazard. Brooks Herrick is also a possible contenderfor region. I expect to see all these players at the state tournament by team or individually.

Johnson Central as a team has no competition though. They will easily breeze through region. Ill be surprised if they get beat at all in the upcoming year. Thye lose nobody and i thought pburgs win last year was a flop anyway.
"liveMAROON" Wrote:Boys. boys .....IMO Joe Castle has Region around his finger if he can keep his head straight
Joe seems to come out strong at the begniing of the season but loses it at the end...I think he might burn out or something.....It was already said the he was streaky and thats the truth...can shoot 66 one day then like 77 the next...
has anyone looked at belfry? They are not gonna be that good on there first year....i dont think :-$
So far this season, Brooks Herricks placed 2nd in the Pikeville Invit. (68 I believe -- par 70) and Joe Castle won a tourney held in Lousiville (69 -- par 72).
congrats to brooks herric
Chase Carpenter is the only high school golfer in Eastern Kentucky who actually has the potential to play Division I golf on the collegiate level (or actually go far on a tour of some sort.)
Chase has the potential to go somewhere big.
Golf is a grown sport in eastern ky
Colby Hayes is a great young golfer
Jordan Bell Next Years Regional Champ......and Pikeville Wins By 20
"castle" Wrote:Jordan Bell Next Years Regional Champ......and Pikeville Wins By 20

I beleive Hazard and Johnson Central will have something to say about that big guy. I beleive Hazard returns all of its 5 starters.

1) Cameron Bailey-Possibly could walk away with region since he has won the painstville invitational 2 out of the last 3 years.
2) Trey Jolly
3) Robbie Davidson
4) Jon Hollan
5) Adam Gilley

Hazard really wants that regional champ trophy this year.
I think we can start a new one for the upcoming season.