Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
coaching changes or rumors
hey has anybody heard or know of any coaching changes or anything happening with coaches anybody know about
Rowan County is open
Gallatin County, Ashland, Rowan and possibly Pulaski is all I've heard about. I'm sure after this week or during this week more will be added to that list. The turnover rate for head coaches is insane in KY athletics.
Prestonsburg let the best young coach in the state and already the best coach in the region go in Shane Simpkins. Any of these schools would definitely benefit from hiring him if he applies.

It was over his baseball program having success at an imaginary football school. He took one of the laughing stock programs and made it a region contender annually in 4 years.
Looks as if Letcher Central will be open!
termite Wrote:Looks as if Letcher Central will be open!

Where is Brian Dean going?
Mississippi
Well
UKisN1 Wrote:Mississippi

Is he really leaving? If so why? New job? Better job?
If Dean leaves who would Letcher go after?
Bluecat Wrote:If Dean leaves who would Letcher go after?

Bobby Dixon, John Meehan, Chris Varney, Scott Cornett
Strikeout King Wrote:Bobby Dixon, John Meehan, Chris Varney, Scott Cornett

It would surprise me to see either of these leave their current positions but you never know.
I heard Brian Dean is leaving because of some parents complaining and driving him crazy. Not confirmed just a whisper in the grapevine. But Scott Cornett will not leave, Bobby Dixon is not leaving imo, if hazard has another early exit like this year than i think Meehan will consider leaving but as for now no, and Varney is losing somthing like 7 seniors so it wouldnt suprise me to see him leave powell.
Of the above mentioned, Varney would be the one I could see that may think about I. The other 3 have too many ties where they are at. I really don't see Varney leaving Powell. He has put way too much into the program. Will be interesting to see it unfold though if Dean leaves. Big decision for the Cougars though. Dean will be hard to replace.
I'm hearing there's a push for Shelby Valley to be open in baseball & softball, but I doubt it will happen.
I've heard that same rumor Motley. Might be some truth there????
Heard Coach Dean is already in Mississippi...
I don't have definite confirmation on this, but I heard Coach Ginter at GRC was out.
casey county is open
What high school is Coach Dean at in Mississippi?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Columbus High School, MS
Larry Poynter has taken over at Tates Creek after Dom Fucci retired
What is the status on Letcher Central? Any names being thrown out there? Any other openings in the 14th Region?
I heard Brian Dean is leaving because of some parents complaining and driving him crazy.

Isn't that why he left Powell County as well?
Brandon Hillard has resigned as Knox Central's head coach. A bit surprising to me, because they have the entire team back next year, plus they had a tremendous middle school team, so they look to be in good shape for the forseeable future.
Ashland baseball...is coach Wilcox set to return in 2016? not good showing this year..losing to Fairview and west carter
scrappy coco Wrote:Ashland baseball...is coach Wilcox set to return in 2016? not good showing this year..losing to Fairview and west carter

Wilcox was let go.
Mike Martino at Russell has resigned.

http://www.dailyindependent.com/sports/m...2d0a3.html

Martino said he resigned after a meeting Monday with Russell Independent Schools Superintendent Sean Horne, Chaffin, assistant principal Dave Caniff and Red Devils athletic director Sam Sparks.

Martino said he made the decision to resign “probably when I walked into the meeting yesterday.”

Martino stopped short of confirming he was asked to resign, but added, “I think the superintendent made it pretty clear that he wants things the way he wants them during his tenure as superintendent.”

Horne became superintendent in 2013. The new baseball coach will be Russell’s fifth head coach hire in a varsity team sport during his tenure.

Martino also didn’t fight it because “really, out of respect for Anna Chaffin, who I think the world of, I wasn’t gonna make her have to do that.”

“For the past 17 years, Coach Martino has had a positive impact on the RHS baseball program,” Chaffin said in a statement. “We thank him for his willingness to make a difference in the lives of the young men wearing a Russell uniform.”

Martino, 59, also thanked Sparks “for everything he’s done for me over my time here at Russell.”
Fly By Night Wrote:Mike Martino at Russell has resigned.

http://www.dailyindependent.com/sports/m...2d0a3.html

Martino said he resigned after a meeting Monday with Russell Independent Schools Superintendent Sean Horne, Chaffin, assistant principal Dave Caniff and Red Devils athletic director Sam Sparks.

Martino said he made the decision to resign “probably when I walked into the meeting yesterday.”

Martino stopped short of confirming he was asked to resign, but added, “I think the superintendent made it pretty clear that he wants things the way he wants them during his tenure as superintendent.”

Horne became superintendent in 2013. The new baseball coach will be Russell’s fifth head coach hire in a varsity team sport during his tenure.

Martino also didn’t fight it because “really, out of respect for Anna Chaffin, who I think the world of, I wasn’t gonna make her have to do that.”

“For the past 17 years, Coach Martino has had a positive impact on the RHS baseball program,” Chaffin said in a statement. “We thank him for his willingness to make a difference in the lives of the young men wearing a Russell uniform.”

Martino, 59, also thanked Sparks “for everything he’s done for me over my time here at Russell.”

The heavy hand of the Russell Superintendent strikes again. Martino took an 11-19 team in 2014 to a 22-16 team that made it to the Regional Championship in 2015. Cannot wait to see which one of Horne's buddies gets the job.
old_school_hero Wrote:The heavy hand of the Russell Superintendent strikes again. Martino took an 11-19 team in 2014 to a 22-16 team that made it to the Regional Championship in 2015. Cannot wait to see which one of Horne's buddies gets the job.

I can agree the administration has made a few questionable decisions, but this is not one of them. This is actually long overdue. He is a great guy and he'll land on his feet, but during his time there Russell's success depended on talent level. That is why you will see so many inconsistencies throughout that time. Russell had several teams that could have won regional championships. I wish him well, but this needed to happen if Russell ever wanted to have a top-notch program. Now, if they bring in somebody that is no different then you have problems, but Russell will hopefully do the right thing and bring in somebody new that has a lot of passion and no political loyalties to any side. Parents should be hoping for this as well and now is a good time to get behind the decision. If not, you will turn those players into kids that resent whomever they bring in, only due to the fact they are watching their parents react in the same manner. The best thing to happen to the Russell program is an outside young coach that will work at fundamentals, has passion, and somebody that will get involved with the little league. This could be a great spot for Shane Simpkins to land. They have enough consistent talent where they should always be at the top of the 16th.