• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who has the best looking uniforms?
Best Highlands
Worst- Pulaski Co.
Trophy Room Wrote:Best Highlands
Worst- Pulaski Co.

What makes Highlands uniforms the best?
I'm sure most fans think their team has the best uniforms Smile
pjdoug Wrote:What makes Highlands uniforms the best?

While I don't think they are the best, their helmets are adorable. That mad little bird on them is great!!
Granny Bear Wrote:While I don't think they are the best, their helmets are adorable. That mad little bird on them is great!!

I believe that's just on the shoulder of their jerseys. They have their standard block "H" on the side. Last year I know they had a 100th year of the program commemorative decal, and that might have had the bluebird.

Nonetheless, I agree though. That is one mean looking bluebird. Joker looks pissed at the world doesn't he? Smile lol
I've always been a fan of Corbin and Danville. Their looks, with those silver lids with the red and royal, respectively has always been sharp. They've more or less kept the same look, too.

Danville's logo is 2nd to none IMO. The state of KY w/ an anchor going through it? Genius. (You see a lot of schools in Texas incorporating the state outline in theirs, too).

St.X has a good look, too, especially their logo. The block "X" with a small cross in the middle? 1st class and iconic.
Highlands with the traditional look to their uniform and bold H on their helmets. I like Saint X and LCA helmet decal both have a classy cross in the middle.
All about originality and tradition

Danville was my all-time favorite until they went away from the Silver pants and helmet.. I still like the look but the Silver and Blue was GOAT

The short list of the State's Best Based On Above Criteria:
1. Danville Silver/Blue- As mentioned. The white helmet and white pants would be toward the bottom of my top list.
2. Highlands- For reasons mentioned. Bold. Timeless. Unmistakable.
3. Belfry- They basically have not changed for 30+ years. Simple, but a very unique helmet logo that copies noone. Bold.
4. Corbin- Just sharp. The red and silver. Unique logo. Clean.
5. Danville White/Blue- See above. Still a very sharp jersey though.

Other I Like:
Ashland
Pburg
Tates Creek
Henry Clay
Boyle County
Harlan County
Beechwood
Somerset/Bowling Green
Pikeville (The throwback jersey with the white helmet)
Breathitt County
St. X
CovCath

Well Known Jerseys I Am Not Fond Of:
Trinity- Hate their psychadelic 70's Mellow Mushroom logo. Try to hard to be modern with their jerseys
LexCath- They seem to change every year. We also get it..everyone like Black Matte helmets.
Scott County- I like Red..but don't want to see a jersey that looks like the WKU Mascot
Rockcastle County- I appreciate the effort and that they try not to change... but something about the navy sirt and burgundy pants just seems "meh" to me
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:I believe that's just on the shoulder of their jerseys. They have their standard block "H" on the side. Last year I know they had a 100th year of the program commemorative decal, and that might have had the bluebird.

Nonetheless, I agree though. That is one mean looking bluebird. Joker looks pissed at the world doesn't he? Smile lol

We have a BGR poster, Frozen Bird, that has that helmet with the bird as his icon. Now that I think about it, I believe he did say that they did not use those anymore. I still love that pissed off little bluebird though!!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:All about originality and tradition

Danville was my all-time favorite until they went away from the Silver pants and helmet.. I still like the look but the Silver and Blue was GOAT

The short list of the State's Best Based On Above Criteria:
1. Danville Silver/Blue- As mentioned. The white helmet and white pants would be toward the bottom of my top list.
2. Highlands- For reasons mentioned. Bold. Timeless. Unmistakable.
3. Belfry- They basically have not changed for 30+ years. Simple, but a very unique helmet logo that copies noone. Bold.
4. Corbin- Just sharp. The red and silver. Unique logo. Clean.
5. Danville White/Blue- See above. Still a very sharp jersey though.

Other I Like:
Ashland
Pburg
Tates Creek
Henry Clay
Boyle County
Harlan County
Beechwood
Somerset/Bowling Green
Pikeville (The throwback jersey with the white helmet)
Breathitt County
St. X
CovCath

Well Known Jerseys I Am Not Fond Of:
Trinity- Hate their psychadelic 70's Mellow Mushroom logo. Try to hard to be modern with their jerseys
LexCath- They seem to change every year. We also get it..everyone like Black Matte helmets.
Scott County- I like Red..but don't want to see a jersey that looks like the WKU Mascot
Rockcastle County- I appreciate the effort and that they try not to change... but something about the navy sirt and burgundy pants just seems "meh" to me

Rockcastle has Red Home Jerseys with navy blue or gray pants now. usally switches between red and navy every 5 years
1 Corbin before they switched to the new uniforms. I loved the classic block jersey that we wore when I was in high school with the silver pants and helmet.

2 even though they are our bitter rivals I really like the new uniforms that middlesboro has. They have that Georgia tech look.

3 I'm also a pretty big fan of north laurels uniforms. To my knowledge they are the only school that has the green and blue color scheme. I really don't think they've scratched the surface of their options.

4 I like somersets away uniforms here. They wear that gold jersey on the road that looks really good.

5 Harlan independent, I really like that green and white color scheme as well.

Honorable mention. Belfry second to none in how Classic it looks.

Worst bell county it looks sharp except for those italics style jersey numbers. You can never tell who makes plays for them.
Ashland has the best uniforms, but I'm partial. Maroon and White!!!!
T-CATS Wrote:Ashland has the best uniforms, but I'm partial. Maroon and White!!!!

Ashland's uniforms in 1990 were much better IMO.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I agree, Corbin's traditional uniform was second to none. Silver helmet with the C (much better when it had the red stripe down the middle), Red or white jerseys with numbers on the sleeve, REDHOUNDS across the back, and block numbers with the maroon shadowing were far and away the best.

While these new ones aren't the worst thing in the world, they should no way, shap, or form, be Corbin's uniforms.

The first picture is the good ones and the second two are the current ones.
A lil outdated but here's a helpful link.
http://www.mghelmets.com/kenucky.html
Anything that resembles Kentucky!
North Laurel to me is the best color scheme Blue Green and White ...Love this

you can do so much with these colors that looks new and fresh but stay traditional

I don't like black, grey (when its not the schools primary color) or this new camo stuff..........
I don't mind the black, camo for a game or two.

As far as gray, I consider it to be the same as white. Also, why is it OK for every baseball team across the state to wear gray pants (usually for away games), but football? Nope. Can't wear them. It's then all of the sudden "not a school color".

If memory serves me correct, Corbin hasn't always had silver/gray. Back in the 60's/70's they even had red helmets and all was solely red/white. Anybody know for sure?
Objective Wrote:North Laurel to me is the best color scheme Blue Green and White ...Love this

you can do so much with these colors that looks new and fresh but stay traditional

I don't like black, grey (when its not the schools primary color) or this new camo stuff..........
I love the camo stuff, especially when it is your school colors! I've seen more of it in baseball than football, Harlan's camo looks good.
As a Highlands fan I think their uniforms are just alright, nothing special. I liked the helments when they had the bird on the side rather than the H. Nobodys uniforms stand out as the best off the top of my head, but the worst by far has to be Bryan Station! Those things are awful! Looks like softball uniforms from the 70's.
Haddix tweeted earlier today that he just saw Corbin's new away uniforms, so we may be seeing something in the next few days.
Lawrence County - Black on black
Ashland Blazer
Belfry
Ironton, Ohio
I actually like the classic Breathitt style too
pjdoug Wrote:https://twitter.com/whitleycolonels

What is so special about them? Looks kinda bland. Every program in the state has black, red school color ie. UofL or royal ie. UK. You know what's make a good looking uniform? The program that plays in those uniform. (ie. Highlands, Trinity, Saint X, Mayfield, BG, Boyle Co etc ) actual programs that goes out and perform on the grid iron and programs that does not worry about which combination uniform they are gong to wear on Friday night. Those are the best uniforms.
I'm a Nebraska/Penn State kinda guy. I like simple designs that don't change. Naturally I like the Highlands and Belfry's of the world. Not about that Oregon "lets change jersey schemes every week of every year."
Don't care to much for the school but Madison Southern uniforms were nice last season. They are contracted with under armor and will get another new look this year.
I like Danville's helmets and color scheme. Pikevilles new uniforms and helmets are pretty cool.
Burn all camo. Give me the traditional.
Other than Kentucky blue, you have to admit that Black and Gold looks mighty fine!