Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Nature Boy Buddy Landel
I see this morning that Buddy Landel passed away yesterday at the age of 53. A very good talent who was going to be world champion but couldn't make tv or the building due to excessive partying the night before. It was nice to see that he got clean during his later years and from the last I had seen and heard was doing pretty well. It did say he was involved in a car crash the day before but the cause of death was not known. Another childhood "star" gone!!! I guess we're all just getting old. :1:
I should have put in my previous post that in honor of Mr. Landel I will give someone at work today the corkscrew elbow drop.....which of course will lead directly to the figure four!!!!!!!!:ChairHit:
I like Buddy Landell. I wish he could have fulfilled his potential.
Now I have read where the car crash was several days ago and he actually checked himself out of the hospital!!! Nonetheless, a loss of a very talented guy........Didn't Buddy say once that he was "his own worst enemy"
I use to go watch him in the old SMW days at Pikeville College gym.

I always thought he was very underrated, he will definitely be missed.
Years ago my brother told me he had a friend who actually promoted a few wrestling events and Buddy Landell was one of the headliners. I'm not sure where this took place, but he said while they were in town, a car lot had hired Buddy Landell to shoot a commercial with them. In it Landell was supposed to body slam a guy onto a car. He said Landell showed in the wrong frame of mind so to speak. He said instead of body slamming the guy on the hood he slammed him into one of the windows and the guy got cut bad. He said Landell started cussing and saying he couldn't work with amateurs. My brother's friend said it was crazy yet very funny.
Westside Wrote:Years ago my brother told me he had a friend who actually promoted a few wrestling events and Buddy Landell was one of the headliners. I'm not sure where this took place, but he said while they were in town, a car lot had hired Buddy Landell to shoot a commercial with them. In it Landell was supposed to body slam a guy onto a car.

He said Landell showed in the wrong frame of mind so to speak. He said instead of body slamming the guy on the hood he slammed him into one of the windows and the guy got cut bad. He said Landell started cussing and saying he couldn't work with amateurs. My brother's friend said it was crazy yet very funny.

True story!