Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beasts of the East Tournament
Don't know the date but being held at Woodford County. Only open to teams from regions 9-16. Great idea and don't know why it took so long for someone to do it. Here's the teams entered so far. I understand they are limiting entries to 12. Ashland Blazer
East Jessamine
Estill County
Madison Central
North Laurel
Scott County
South Laurel
Woodford County
April 29 & 30. Each team will get 3 games.
Where are all the 9th and 10th region teams? None has signed up to play. They have 4 slots open and should be a great tournament to see were your teams stand early in the season. I did see the best in the west is full every year.
Talked to one of the Harrison Co. Coaches yesterday. The reason they didn't get into the tournament was because they are hosting a tournament of their own on the same date. Had that weekend open but had to move their tournament date due to Prom.
Pool A (Field 9)
Woodford Co
Lafayette
South Laurel
Conner

Pool B (Field 8)
Scott Co
North Laurel
Estill Co

Pool C (Field 7)
East Jessamine
Madison Central
Ashland Blazer

** Each team will play 2 Pool Play games Friday.
Single elimination tournament starts at 1030am Saturday **
Looks like a good tournament. Any ideas who will win each pool. I do know Woodford has UK commit. South is young and North and Estill have quite a few returning.
My way too early guesses are Woodford, Scott and East Jessamine.

Woodford's got 6 commits - 4 D1, a D2 and a D3 as of now.
I was unsure on pool B. I know North beat Scott out during State and Estill has all 3 returning pitchers. Definitely think East Jessamine will be tough.
Scott will be a top 10 team again this year. I would expect them to win that pool.

I know E Jessamine lost some talent, and I don't know what the other teams will have this year, but I know EJ has an excellent sophomore pitcher so that's why I picked them.
Scott County will be very good, but do not underestimate North. Scott did last year and look what happened.
Kinda hard to under or overestimate a team you've never seen 6 months before the season starts! I'm basing that mostly on knowing how few players Scott lost and who they are bringing back a year older.
I think North had someone transfer in but not sure of the quality of player. Not even heard name just out of state transfer.
PH2 Wrote:Kinda hard to under or overestimate a team you've never seen 6 months before the season starts! I'm basing that mostly on knowing how few players Scott lost and who they are bringing back a year older.

North has the core of their team returning. Both pitchers, catcher, shortstop , starting outfield. Plus possibly their best overall player returns after being lost to a knee injury. To be point blank, North has won more softball games than any program in the state, so yes, you should have a pretty good idea that you are not going to have an easy game when you play them. Scott County or anybody else.
Do you know what other teams are in the North Laurel tournament on April 15/16?
PH2 Wrote:Do you know what other teams are in the North Laurel tournament on April 15/16?

North, South,Somerset,Johnson Central,Harlan County,Madison Southern,Rowan county,Fairdale,Woodford County,Manual,Pulaski county, and Boone County. This will be played at both Laurel's.
Softball Queen Wrote:I think North had someone transfer in but not sure of the quality of player. Not even heard name just out of state transfer.

New one to me. South got a transfer last year, but have no knowledge of North picking up a transfer.
walterwhite Wrote:New one to me. South got a transfer last year, but have no knowledge of North picking up a transfer.
Not sure; heard over the summer North was getting a transfer. Maybe it changed or was not accurate info but it was from someone inside North program.
Looks like North and South both playing tough schedules this spring. Could be an interesting Region Finale
Anyone have a complete North schedule?
walterwhite Wrote:North, South,Somerset,Johnson Central,Harlan County,Madison Southern,Rowan county,Fairdale,Woodford County,Manual,Pulaski county, and Boone County. This will be played at both Laurel's.

Thanks.
POOL A:
Woodford County def. Lafayette 11-1
Woodford County def. Ashland Blazer 8-0
Ashland Blazer def. Lafayette - ?

POOL B:
East Jessamine def. Madison Central 5-2
East Jessamine def. Conner 10-0
Madison Central def. Conner 6-0

POOL C:
Scott County def. Estill County 12-2
South Laurel def. Estill County 10-3
Scott County def. South Laurel 14-1

Tomorrow's Play-In Bracket

10 AM Lafayette vs. Estill County
10 AM Conner vs. South Laurel

12 PM East Jessamine vs. Lafayette/Estill County Winner
12 PM Scott County vs. Conner/South Laurel Winner
12 PM Ashland vs. Madison Central

2 PM Semi-Finals

4 PM Championship
North Laurel dropped out due to Prom. Would liked to have seen them play in this tournament. Hope this becomes an annual event.
Today's games/bracket has been canceled