Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did you ever think this would hit Kentucky?
There is now a religious test for volunteer pastor counselors in the youth division that the Liberty Counsel uncovered. A letter was sent to Bob Hayter, the Kentucky Department of Juvenile Justice stating that the religious test should be dropped and a dismissed counselor be reinstated.

The test? DJJ staff, volunteers, and others "shall not imply or tell LGBTQI juveniles that they are abnormal, deviant, sinful, or that they can or should change their sexual orientation or gender identity."

Who would have ever thought? Having to abandon God's Word to participate in counseling.

Also, take note - this counseling is only provided to inmates who request it - thus, their service is either voluntary or requested and not something that is automatically provided by the state.

http://www.wnd.com/2015/07/state-forbids...ty-sinful/

Bob's Hayter's contact information, made available to the public, is below. Keep it respectful, do not cuss or shout. Christians need to have a backbone more than ever right now, and if any Christian has the least bit of one they will contact this guy and let him know their thoughts.

Bob Hayter (Interim)
Commissioner
Department of Juvenile Justice
1025 Capital Center Drive
Frankfort, KY 40601
Phone: (502) 573-2738
Email: [email]bobd.hayter@ky.gov[/email]
WideRight05, my friend, this is the world that my generation is leaving for your generation. When the parasite, Obama, tells us that this is not a Christian nation, he is, for once, telling the truth.

The interpretation of the United States Constitution most heavily used by the liberals is the "constitutionally mandated separation of church and state". The truth is that the constitution does not mandate or even support a separation of church and state. However, the liberal secularists and humanists have won that war and, thus, like the bastardizing of the true history, purpose, and meaning of the Fourteenth Amendment, the framers and writers have been replaced by those same liberals, humanists, and secularists.

Who is to blame? All of us who, when attacked, wither into our family rooms and pews.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:WideRight05, my friend, this is the world that my generation is leaving for your generation. When the parasite, Obama, tells us that this is not a Christian nation, he is, for once, telling the truth.

The interpretation of the United States Constitution most heavily used by the liberals is the "constitutionally mandated separation of church and state". The truth is that the constitution does not mandate or even support a separation of church and state. However, the liberal secularists and humanists have won that war and, thus, like the bastardizing of the true history, purpose, and meaning of the Fourteenth Amendment, the framers and writers have been replaced by those same liberals, humanists, and secularists.

Who is to blame? All of us who, when attacked, wither into our family rooms and pews.

Totally agree.

Point #1 - This is the modus operandi of the state. Through the magic of regulation, they first introduce something like this in a place like the prison system or some other institution they fund and over which they therefore have complete control. Remember, the 2010 repeal of DADT was at first put in place via regulation that had to do with the US armed services only. People were somewhat appalled but, what the heck. It didn't really mean anything to them personally so, after a respectable period of righteous indignation they just shut up and gave in. Thus, a scant 5 years later there is sufficient gay rights legislation so as to fill the Library of Alexandria. And needless to say thanks to the Supremely Misguided Court, both ObamaCare and gay marriage are the law of the land.

Point # 2 - Many Christians still believe errantly, that the US is a Christian nation and things will all turn out alright. Things haven't turned out alright for the 60 million aborted babies since the passage of Roe v Wade. Things haven't turned out well for the conservative majority of this land since the repeal of DADT. Things haven't turned out well for the 6 million workers in the industrial arena that permanently lost their high paying jobs starting in 2008. Nor are things so well for nearly 40 percent of those who are unemployed according to the labor participation rate. Things haven't turned out well for over 50 million food stamp recipients since Welfare became an option to reasonable vocation in America.

In fact overall, things look pretty bleak IMO. The US Treasury is pulling a vacuum to the tune of nearly 19 Trillion dollars. The Federal Government has negotiated a "deal" with our sworn enemies of the Arab World which if ratified, will cede nuclear weapons to their control. I mean, since all one really needs is the illusion of plausible deniability to seduce the nitwits at the UN, what if Iran were to give Yemen or Kuwait or some other podunk but rogue nation a mobile ICBM launch platform already programmed to strike Israel? All they'd have to do is say they didn't know where it came from. China is presently outspending the US on the military front 3 to 1, and that leaves out Korea and Russia.

As you point out Harry, this is the world we are leaving our children. Retired baby boomers and other conservatives had better snap an ammonia cap and soon. It's waaay past time to wake up. My fear is that folks are so lulled into a stupor that they will be incapable of seeing the truth until it is too late. Even worse, given said stupor, I think it is entirely plausible to assume we have entered the period theologians refer to as the apocalypse.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Boyscouts sold out.
I called in this morning - Commissioner Hayter or somebody will call me back. The person that answered was like, "You don't force your beliefs on me!" Blah blah blah. She stopped talking about it when I mentioned the media and entertainment forcing the issue on us and said she would have someone call me back.

Anybody else call in?
WideRight05 Wrote:I called in this morning - Commissioner Hayter or somebody will call me back. The person that answered was like, "You don't force your beliefs on me!" Blah blah blah. She stopped talking about it when I mentioned the media and entertainment forcing the issue on us and said she would have someone call me back.

Anybody else call in?

This is one of the biggest lies of the left, and they use it all the time. They don't want to hear anything about the sinful nature of homosexuality, but they don't mind one bit to teach it in school as an acceptable alternative life style choice. Such amounts to social engineering in my book. Worse, poisoning the minds of the very young with these depraved notions, amounts to nothing short of force or coercion. Nor do they like to hear that abortion on demand is actually infanticide. Thus they teach that a baby in it's mother's womb is not actually a person until that baby is born. Meanwhile during our children's elementary school years liberals armed with gifts of colorful condoms to pass out, demand the right to subvert them, teaching things in the classroom which run contrary to every moral law, while we have stood by and done almost nothing. But, they don't want religion rammed down their throats? :please:

They're going to go after the Church now because they've won in the court of public opinion. The Church after all, is the one remaining great bastion of morality, where teaching God's truths unequivocally is still in practice.

But, to your point regarding the un-Churched charge that they are sick of having religion rammed down their throats, or having Christians "force their beliefs" on them. Christians never ever do that because it is impossible. All we can do is offer the truth to folks. Whether they accept that truth or not is 100% their own choice, 100% of the time. So, spiritual matters are accepted or rejected but, in both cases the individual involved must choose to accept or reject of his own. No, what they're actually saying is that the truth hurts and they don't want to be reminded of same. Sin loves darkness while conversely, God's Word is light.

Those same un-Churched folks are the only ones who have demanded litigation and regulation from government to force the Church to stand down. We have a charge given to us from our Savior, in fact, it is a great commission; Matthew 28:18-20 (KJV)
18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Why it is so important that we Christians obey God in this matter is because that is the way He has chosen to reach out to reap His harvest of souls. That is our privilege and our purpose for being here on this earth. Basically it boils down to this. All men are here to make a choice for or against God, that is their main purpose for living and the main purpose for which God gave life to them. Then once saved or redeemed from the certain judgment of eternal death, man's main purpose is to serve God. I am not about to stand down just because what I have to say may tend to offend the lost.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The DJJ has announced that they will not make any changes to this law, so the Liberty Counsel is going to debate over the next few days as to whether or not they will file a lawsuit.

Hopefully they do, but if not I'm not going to depend on them. I am sending out an email to the American Family Association as well as the Family Research Council and the Kentucky Family Foundation about the matter and I encourage everyone to follow through. You can google the links to these sites.

This may not sound like it's a huge deal, but this is EXACTLY what leads to laws like in some places overseas where people are arrested in places like Sweden for the "crime" of preaching against sins such as homosexuality.
I guess if you are a gay man in prison, life must be better than in the real world.

All you want and more.
See, this is what happens when we take action.

The Tennessee Administrative Office of the Courts tried to replace "Mother" and "Father" with "parent 1" and "parent 2" due to the SCOTUS decision to change the definition of marriage. Due to the large amount of complaints received, the decision to change the words "Mother" and "Father" was reversed. There is still a battle here, as they are now reverting to the Tennessee Judicial Conference on the decision - but this is still a small victory. I would bet that even now, we still have (as Donald Trump would say) a silent majority.

Here is the statement released from the Tennessee AOC.

"After receiving feedback regarding a recent change made to the permanent parenting plan form, the AOC has reviewed the procedures and determined that, before making any changes to the form, the AOC should consult with the Domestic Relations Committee of the Tennessee Judicial Conference. We have reverted to the previous form and the Committee has been notified."
As a Baptist, we have argued for Separation of Church and State, in fact that reference is made to a Baptist Minister!
tvtimeout Wrote:As a Baptist, we have argued for Separation of Church and State, in fact that reference is made to a Baptist Minister!

I don't know about everybody else on here, but I for one would be very interested to read your take on concept of the separation of Church and state.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tvtimeout Wrote:As a Baptist, we have argued for Separation of Church and State, in fact that reference is made to a Baptist Minister!

Much of the reason our forefathers fled England was to escape the state church, more specifically the Church of England. Since it was a church established by the state, it was controlled by the state, and not the Lord.

As with most state agencies and authorities, the Church of England was rife with corruption. The autonomous monarch Mad King George, was the head of the church, which was nothing much more than another arm of his monarchy. If one therefore made an enemy in church, he may well find himself up on charges before the crown. By all accounts a miserable situation for all, except the unscrupulous rats who did the King's bidding. Imagine expanding the authority of the police, FBI and the CIA, to include the possibility of facing charges for every possible moral trespass as back dropped against the dictates and doctrine of the official Anglican Church?

It's a small wonder then that very situation is addressed directly in the founding documents of this land. The First Amendment; "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Notice it does not say the Church shall not thus and so, it says the Congress shall not. It is the Congress which is restricted, not the Church.

The "wall of separation" as suggested by Thomas Jefferson was intended to keep the prying eyes of government out of the affairs of the Church. But nowhere, did Jefferson or any other signer of the Declaration of Independence, suggest even in the thinnest of terms, that the Church should have no impact on government.

In fact, the reason that the subject, as has been the view of he court since 1947, had never come to dispute prior to that time was because of the high ratio of statesmen who unashamedly espoused the Christian faith at the time. The majority of public officials were Christian in fact, and would have never suffered such a thought prior to then. Frankly, it has still taken 68 or so years of history for the liberals to get as far as they have using the twisted and distorted interpretation you seem to suggest tv.

Like Satan in the Garden who twisted God's own words in order to deceive Eve, liberals with a mouths full of guile have managed to twist traditional American values into something ghoulish and unnatural. The wall of separation was never intended to keep the precepts of God out of government, man was never intended to marry man, and he certainly was never meant to murder 60 plus million unborn innocents in their mother's wombs.

Who do I blame for the unfortunate state of affairs we see around us? The Church. In much the same fashion as the present generation suffers from a disconnect with regard to the cost and value of freedom. The Church in America has had it so easy for so long, that we are no longer in awe of our own good fortune. And, as a consequence, we have lost the fire to do the Lord's bidding. The ratio of Christian statesmen on the "Hill" in our time is likely the reverse of the way it was in 1947. Hence the avalanche of legislation and regulations that are in opposition to the precepts of Christ. And, all the while the lost have cried; "separation of Church and state." Why would they do that? Because, the only authority which is higher that the authority of government, is the authority of God. And, like nativity scenes and plaques featuring the 10 Commandments, they don't want to be reminded of it.

2 Chronicles 7:14 (KJV)
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Good post by TheRealThing. Clearly, the first part of the First Amendment refers to a state religion. A major reason for the settlers to come here was for freedom of religion and escape from the dictates of the Church of England (established, if you remember, by Henry VIII so he could rid himself of an unwanted wife).

Who is to blame for the decay of this country and the rapid movement away from Christian based tenets to humanism? I place most of the blame on Christians. As TheRealThing said, Christians have gotten too soft. They gather in their fine air conditions facilities. They subject themselves to long, boring (and, most often, irrelevant) sermons during which they contemplate the afternoon game on television or the pot roast in the oven. They hear for the several hundredth time about Daniel and the lions's den but hear nothing about the amorality around them- much of it supported by our government (federal and state) and, yes, some "churches".

When they leave, these good Christians have been filled with another meaningless oration, plans for the next potluck dinner or youth trip or senior citizen gathering or refurbishing of that wonderful family life center in need of more exercise equipment and art supplies.

They don't have time, nor room in their brains, to contemplate the fact that they are, like a bunch of lemmings following each other over the cliff, guilty of allowing the decay.

Most of them are Democrats and, although some of them really oppose homosexual marriages and the premeditated murdering of babies through abortion, they remain faithful to their party not caring that they are, at least, accomplices to the sin being committed with the full support and approval of their political loyalists. You doubt this? Surveys show that 3 of every 4 Democrats openly support Planned Parenthood. What else needs to be said?

Republicans are not any better. Although better than 3 of every 4 Republicans believe Planned Parenthood should be defunded, they oppose the carnage with silly, canned words which, in the end, are meaningless.

God appears to be leaving the job up to His "people". If so, His people are failing miserably. Will we be held strictly accountable for these premeditated murders of millions of the most innocent? I would certainly hope so. Now, go out there and support the amoral liar, Hillary Clinton because she is a good Democrat and a woman. If you do, you deserve her.