Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't Play Football
Name some public or private schools that don't play. I know Rose Hill had kicked around starting a team but do not have the #s. Holy Family has neither BB or FB. Shockingly Elliott County only plays Basketball no football team. Name especially any public school that doesnt field a team in Kentucky.
Wolfe County is one.
I don't know if they are even still schools but Buckhorn, Red Bird, and Barbourville are three that come to mind. University Heights is a private that doesn't play but it's more of a basketball prep school anyways.
Cordia
June Buchanan , Lee Co, Owsley Co
Menifee Co.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Barbourville independent doesn't, basketball and baseball only
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Kinda shocked their are that many that don't. Football by far generates the most cash for a school but at the same time costs the most too.
Do they still have a rule in place that allows kids to go to another school within their respective county to play if their school doesnt offer it? I know Matt Thomas and OJ Mayo bith suited up for Fairview in junior high while they were attending Rose Hill. I dont think Mayo ended up playing very long due to an injury, he wasnt on the roster when we played them, but Matt Thomas was.
I know a few kids from Elliott are allowed to go to East Carter West Carter or Morgan since they do not offer it.
All in far WKY.
St. Mary's (Private in Paducah)
Community Christian (Private in Pad.)
University Heights (Priv. in Hoptown)
Heritage Christian (Priv. In Hoptown)
Hickman County
Carlisle County
Lyon County

Central KY
Burgin IND

Louisville Private
Collegiate
Evangel Christian
Highview Baptist

NKY
Robertson County
Augusta IND
St. Henry (Private)
Cov. Latin (Private)

I'm sure there are more. Those are the ones off the top of my head.
Dawson Springs - Hopkins County

Christian Fellowship - Marshall County
Do any of the schools mentioned have a history of a program in the past?
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Do they still have a rule in place that allows kids to go to another school within their respective county to play if their school doesnt offer it? I know Matt Thomas and OJ Mayo bith suited up for Fairview in junior high while they were attending Rose Hill. I dont think Mayo ended up playing very long due to an injury, he wasnt on the roster when we played them, but Matt Thomas was.

I remember players doing this as well, however I believe the new rule states you have to be a member of the actual school. I don't understand why a kid not offered football at one school cant play it at another, but they use to be allowed too.
Out west these 4 public county schools come mind.
Hickman County
Carlisle County
Livingston County
Lyon County
Kentucky has about 270 high schools and about 200 playing football. The percentage of football-playing schools is probably a lot higher than it used to be. Before consolidation, some counties had seven or eight schools with most, or none, playing football. Those schools now play.

One reason is Kentucky has too many counties. Only two states have more counties than Kentucky with its 120.
T-CATS Wrote:I know a few kids from Elliott are allowed to go to East Carter West Carter or Morgan since they do not offer it.

Are you saying they attend Elliott County High School and play at other schools?

I don't think that's allowed.

You can live in Elliott and go to school at those places, but you can do that just about anywhere, whether they have a sport or not.
HCS Wrote:Are you saying they attend Elliott County High School and play at other schools?

I don't think that's allowed.

You can live in Elliott and go to school at those places, but you can do that just about anywhere, whether they have a sport or not.
No they were going to Elliott but left to attend and play Football at other schools.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Do any of the schools mentioned have a history of a program in the past?

Burgin does. Last team was 73 or 74. Somewhere in there. They even sell Burgin Football shirts...."Undefeated since 74" (or whenever) to have a little fun with it. Just a number game there. Their graduation Class this year was...wait for it....17.
Unless they just started playing Cumberland Co doesn't have a football team
hollcat Wrote:Unless they just started playing Cumberland Co doesn't have a football team

Good call. Oddly enough, they have little league.
Lee Co., Qwsley Co., Red Bird, Jackson City and Oneida Baptist.
Add Silver Grove (public) and Covington Latin (private) in NKY
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Good call. Oddly enough, they have little league.

How long have they had little league football? You would think if they have that then the intention is to begin middle school and high school football as they move up.
Over here in the west, I'm surprised at how many there are. Carlisle County, Hickman County, Lyon County Community Christian and St Mary.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:All in far WKY.
St. Mary's (Private in Paducah)
Community Christian (Private in Pad.)
University Heights (Priv. in Hoptown)
Heritage Christian (Priv. In Hoptown)
Hickman County
Carlisle County
Lyon County

Central KY
Burgin IND

Louisville Private
Collegiate
Evangel Christian
Highview Baptist

NKY
Robertson County
Augusta IND
St. Henry (Private)
Cov. Latin (Private)

I'm sure there are more. Those are the ones off the top of my head.

Silver Grove
Heritage
Calvary Christian
Villa Madonna
Notre Dame Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Cannon Still Roars.....
The group of Lee, Owsley, Wolfe, and Menifee are in one geographic area around Natural Bridge and the Red River Gorge. They are also All A schools and would guess all would be Class A football. Wolfe maybe 2A.
Cumberland County, but I believe they are trying to start a football program.
hollcat Wrote:How long have they had little league football? You would think if they have that then the intention is to begin middle school and high school football as they move up.
Guess they are preparing them to head off to other schools and help their rivals!:Thumbs:
T-CATS Wrote:I know a few kids from Elliott are allowed to go to East Carter West Carter or Morgan since they do not offer it.

The rules were changed years ago, these kids can no longer do that and have not been able to for some time now, East has had 5 or 6 kids the last few years try to come from other counties like Elliot and the kids are not eligible to play unless they are enrolled in school here.