Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you rather....
- Play a varsity contest (not a scrimmage) in Week 0... and schedule an Open Week later in the season?

OR

- Not play a varsity contest (scrimmage) in Week 0... and possibly have to play 15 straight games?

So let's hear it..... and please explain your reasoning behind your answer?
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
I would rather play a game in Week 0 and schedule an Open Week in the latter part of the season to rest injured players and give the kids a mental break. There is a lot to be said for letting people 'recharge the batteries' physically and mentally.

Especially if the team has state championship hopes. Give them a day off practice during the Open Week. Then go as a team to watch their next opponent.
Play week 0 and be off in week 10
Anytime playing 15 games is an option I'll go with that.
RoShamBo Wrote:Anytime playing 15 games is an option I'll go with that.

15 games in a row?
I think play week 0 and give them a chance to heal some bumps and bruises later i tje season.
The only team I can say for sure that doesn't play on week 0 is Belfry and it works pretty good for them. I guess its just what ever the coach wants.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
It doesn't matter if my team starts in week 0 or week 1, I would be just happy seeing them playing in week 15.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
panther nation Wrote:I think play week 0 and give them a chance to heal some bumps and bruises later i tje season.
The only team I can say for sure that doesn't play on week 0 is Belfry and it works pretty good for them. I guess its just what ever the coach wants.

Russell has a bye in what youre calling week zero.By the way, here is the only place I see it called that. Pros and college call the week leading up to the first game week one.
mightydog Wrote:Russell has a bye in what youre calling week zero.By the way, here is the only place I see it called that. Pros and college call the week leading up to the first game week one.

Russell also with an interesting scrimmage strategy.

Both scrimmages done already whereas the other teams taking Week 0 off haven't played their first scrimmage yet.
Ashland the last few have played week 0 and had their bye last week of the season. I in theory liked this idea healing up for the playoffs but didn't equal deep runs.This season their off week 0 and will play straight through. Hopefully will work out. Would like to see KSHAA go back to 11 regular season games.
mightydog Wrote:Russell has a bye in what youre calling week zero.By the way, here is the only place I see it called that. Pros and college call the week leading up to the first game week one.

Its not us that came up with that. Obviously it would be a lot easier to call the first week "Week 1".

However, if you want it changed, you will have to talk to the KHSAA about it. They are the ones who started that nonsense.
I would rather to see no bye weeks.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:15 games in a row?

If JC plays 15 games in a row at any time, I'll be happy. In fact this year, I'll be happy with 14.