Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Class A preseason rankings
If Paintsville has a true kicker, this will make them more dangerous
TigerBlues Wrote:If Paintsville has a true kicker, this will make them more dangerous

it sure will. true kickers are rare.
Idk how someone can rank paintsville so high .. Besides beating pikeville last year they still have a lot to prove before I can take them serious
FootballGuy Wrote:Idk how someone can rank paintsville so high .. Besides beating pikeville last year they still have a lot to prove before I can take them serious

:pondering:
64SUR Wrote:I better ranked my preseason 1A poll.

1. Beechwood
2. Painstville
3. Russellville
4. Williamsburg ( not done just yet )
5. Raceland
6. Campbellville
7. Frankfort
8. Paris ( this team will surprise a lot of teams )
9. pikeville
10. Harlan Ind.

Hazard,Pineville crittenton County. :popcorn: These ranking will change after first week. Confusednicker:

My New ranking. Confusednicker:

1. Beechwood
2. Paintsville
3. Russellville
4. Paris ( big jump )
5. Raceland
6. Pikeville ( maybe better than I thought. )
7. Campbellville ( drop but won this week )
8. Frankfort
9. Crittenden County ( made it in my top 10 )
10. Hazard and Harlan ind.

Williamsburg has drop from my top 10 for the first time in 4 yrs. :Sad04:
if raceland is in top 7 it would surprise me. way over hyped. new polls this week
you people are forgetting Fairview eagles. you cant put a top ten list up and not have them listed c mon man!
They will most definitely be changes after week 0.
scrappy coco Wrote:you people are forgetting Fairview eagles. you cant put a top ten list up and not have them listed c mon man!

bac2369 Wrote:They will most definitely be changes after week 0.

Bac2369 looked up at my top ten hazard made it in. :Cheerlead
64SUR Wrote:My New ranking. Confusednicker:

1. Beechwood
2. Paintsville
3. Russellville
4. Paris ( big jump )
5. Raceland
8. Frankfort

In the hunt on making my top ten Fairview. :Cheerlead
Frankfort lost its star player for the season with a broke foot in two places.
scrappy coco Wrote:if raceland is in top 7 it would surprise me. way over hyped. new polls this week

You still haven't got a clue.
scrappy coco Wrote:if racelanxd is in top 7 it would surprise me. way over hyped. new polls this week

Bow wow wow, you and Scooby-Doo, just don't have a clue ! ! !
scrappy coco Wrote:you people are forgetting Fairview eagles. you cant put a top ten list up and not have them listed c mon man!

Let's get em Uncle Scooby !! ! ! !
Paris isnt a #4 team. This is best team they have had and they barely beat a Frankfort team that isnt very good this season. Frankfort had many chance to win this one.

They will be one and done come playoffs.
Block Down Kick Out Wrote:Paris isnt a #4 team. This is best team they have had and they barely beat a Frankfort team that isnt very good this season. Frankfort had many chance to win this one.

They will be one and done come playoffs.
It's not that he thinks Paris is # 4 it's the fact he likes hating on Raceland who just beat west Carter who will probably win 8 maybe 9 games this year but are usually not very good
Outside of Paris and Williamsburg, i dont expect much chsnge in the standings. I say that because 2-5 were so close preseason. Id move pikeville up the ladder, williamsburg off of it and Raceland down to 3/4 with Paintsville. But out of the teams in the Raceland district, considering their opponents, I think West is better than Sheldon Clark and Bath County.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Outside of Paris and Williamsburg, i dont expect much chsnge in the standings. I say that because 2-5 were so close preseason. Id move pikeville up the ladder, williamsburg off of it and Raceland down to 3/4 with Paintsville. But out of the teams in the Raceland district, considering their opponents, I think West is better than Sheldon Clark and Bath County.

I was hoping for a miracle this year with Williamsburg Scotty_Bronson. It's been a nice run. I will only get to see Williamsburg play once this year and its against my hometown team Leslie County. A county I loved very much GO Eagles.....And God Bless America. Confusedalute:
Its all good 64. Williamsburg may never see that tallent again, all on not one but 2 consecutive teams. They will rebuild and be solid again. It just takes time. They have a good staff and a community that backs them. Jackets will be competitive by seasons end.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Its all good 64. Williamsburg may never see that tallent again, all on not one but 2 consecutive teams. They will rebuild and be solid again. It just takes time. They have a good staff and a community that backs them. Jackets will be competitive by seasons end.

I agree Williamsburg just needs to put in some running plays and the passing game will come back ....I think :mop:
Raceland is the favorite in the East until proven otherwise. Don't sleep on Pikeville. They have something to prove after last season.
E's Army Wrote:Raceland is the favorite in the East until proven otherwise. Don't sleep on Pikeville. They have something to prove after last season.

I agree... Don't sleep on teams like Hazard and Paintsville either.

1. Beechwood
2. Paintsville
3. Russellville
4. Paris ( big jump )
5. Raceland
8. Frankfort

My top ten isn't looking bad right some changing is coming and its going to hurt!! Confusedmoke:

1. Beechwood
2. Paintsville
3. Russellville
4. Paris ( big jump )
5. Raceland
8. Frankfort

Updated 1A Top Ten from 64SUR :Cheerlead Anyone else :please: your're welcome to post your own Top 10

1. Beechwood
2. Painstville ( need to win this week )
3. Pikeville ( moved up 3 spots )
4. Paris
5. Russellville
6. Campbellville
7. Raceland
8. Crittenden County
9. Fairview
10. Harlan Ind ( you made it Harlan #10 )

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
64SUR Wrote:Updated 1A Top Ten from 64SUR :Cheerlead Anyone else :please: your're welcome to post your own Top 10

1. Beechwood
2. Painstville ( need to win this week )
3. Pikeville ( moved up 3 spots )
4. Paris
5. Russellville
6. Campbellville
7. Raceland
8. Crittenden County
9. Fairview
10. Harlan Ind ( you made it Harlan #10 )

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
close. Fairview maybe a little higher. surely they would beat Crittenden county. paris is surprise. raceland has work to do. but overall pretty close
Frankfort and Hazard out of my top ten this week. :HitWall::HitWall::HitWall:
scrappy coco Wrote:close. Fairview maybe a little higher. surely they would beat Crittenden county. paris is surprise. raceland has work to do. but overall pretty close

Paris is still unproven imo. Basing off the strength of the teams everyone has played, how well the played or defeated them, plus still considering what the teams have returned because it's so early in the season, id say...

1. Beechwood
2. Pikeville
3. Russellville
T4. Raceland
T4. Paintsville
5. Fairview
6. Paris
7. Capbellsville
8. Hazard
9. Ludlow
10. Pick one...

Imo, Paintsville has been the most dominant of that district in their wins, but they havent really faced anyone that can give us a gauge. Frankfort is not the same Frankfort that could hang around with Beechwood in the past. They are down in tallent and in numbers. Still have alot of teams figuring some things out, so it's hard for me to really choose a solidified and clear cut 2-5. I do know that Raceland, at this point, isnt a clear cut favorite to win the district. Paintsville looks the strongest from top to bottom, but then again, I think Ashland is the best team that anyone in the east has played so far this year. At this point,

-Fairview's defense is still a bit suspect
-Paintsville hasnt had a legit opponent (but they get one this week)
-Raceland's lack of identity in the run game and no clear number 1 running back seems to be an issue and the team seems to lack a leader on the field.

Still alot of questions and this seems like a year that is litterally on a game by game basis. Very strange season so far.
Scotty_Bronson I like your #9 Ludlow pick. They are also on Williamsburg schedule that game should tell us a lot about Williamsburg and Ludlow for sure. :Cheerlead
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Paris is still unproven imo. Basing off the strength of the teams everyone has played, how well the played or defeated them, plus still considering what the teams have returned because it's so early in the season, id say...

1. Beechwood
2. Pikeville
3. Russellville
T4. Raceland
T4. Paintsville
5. Fairview
6. Paris
7. Capbellsville
8. Hazard
9. Ludlow
10. Pick one...

Imo, Paintsville has been the most dominant of that district in their wins, but they havent really faced anyone that can give us a gauge. Frankfort is not the same Frankfort that could hang around with Beechwood in the past. They are down in tallent and in numbers. Still have alot of teams figuring some things out, so it's hard for me to really choose a solidified and clear cut 2-5. I do know that Raceland, at this point, isnt a clear cut favorite to win the district. Paintsville looks the strongest from top to bottom, but then again, I think Ashland is the best team that anyone in the east has played so far this year. At this point,

-Fairview's defense is still a bit suspect
-Paintsville hasnt had a legit opponent (but they get one this week)
-Raceland's lack of identity in the run game and no clear number 1 running back seems to be an issue and the team seems to lack a leader on the field.

Still alot of questions and this seems like a year that is litterally on a game by game basis. Very strange season so far.

I think Raceland needs to find a way to get Damon Black on the field and involved with the offense. I know he's the backup QB, but he's too good of an athlete to be standing on the sideline watching the game.
Ramcat77 Wrote:I think Raceland needs to find a way to get Damon Black on the field and involved with the offense. I know he's the backup QB, but he's too good of an athlete to be standing on the sideline watching the game.

I agree. He has looked pretty good in limited snaps from the QB spot. I think we could benefit from him at WR/RB. He is a great athelete.