Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region
Who are some early favorites? I'm taking winner of 60th district
Best stick to the 57th! That's where the winner has come the last 4 years or so..
I was at the Pike County Bowl this weekend and saw the big boy for Shelby Valley, does he play football? He was on the sideline with them. He definetly passes the eye test, can't wait to see him play, early pick, I'm going to say Shelby Valley may have the upper hand in the 15th this year.
The 15th region belongs to lawrence county, everybody back from the region runner up team.
going to say Lawrence is the favorite but never count out Johnson Central.
Lawrence county is the best team , but I think the region is wide open!!!!!
What about Belfry?
and Magoffin?
I am hearing some rumors and if they're true there is a team that has not been mentioned that will certainly be in the mix. Have to wait and see what happens but I hear something BIG is about to take place. Not talking about Valley either. How does Pikeville stack up? Someone please enlighten me. Thanks in advance.
I like Lawrence county as being the best team. I think Johnson Central, can play with them.
sprucepinetiger Wrote:I am hearing some rumors and if they're true there is a team that has not been mentioned that will certainly be in the mix. Have to wait and see what happens but I hear something BIG is about to take place. Not talking about Valley either. How does Pikeville stack up? Someone please enlighten me. Thanks in advance.

Pike Central getting Dixon is in the works, him getting eligible is a completely different story though.

Transfers are all over.

Johnson Central is still the team to beat because if the talent level is even close Tommy is better than everyone in the region right now.
Cougar Connection Wrote:What about Belfry?
and Magoffin?

Belfry will be better but competing for a region title? I don't see it.
region Wrote:Pike Central getting Dixon is in the works, him getting eligible is a completely different story though.

Transfers are all over.

Johnson Central is still the team to beat because if the talent level is even close Tommy is better than everyone in the region right now.
I guess the cat is out of the bag. I didn't want to say anything until it happened. I also heard there are a couple of more kids coming to Pike Central. Not sure of their names but that is also what I am hearing. Can you shed some light on that? I also agree that Johnson Central is always tough.
Short distance from Belfry to PCC! was not sure where they would land!
PCC is the rumor!
I'm gonna wait for all the transfers to find a school to call home before I make any predictions. Like others said, things could be getting interesting.
sprucepinetiger Wrote:I guess the cat is out of the bag. I didn't want to say anything until it happened. I also heard there are a couple of more kids coming to Pike Central. Not sure of their names but that is also what I am hearing. Can you shed some light on that? I also agree that Johnson Central is always tough.

The kids from Phelps is who I assume you are talking about and possibly the one or two from Belfry?

One kid from Phelps is already there, the other will be at either Belfry or PCC if not this, maybe next year. The ones from Belfry aint coming, as far as I know.

One thing about any of these transfers -

Why did they or are they wanting to leave?

Are they coachable?

How does it fit into your team?

Who is pulling these kids and parents strings?

I'm afraid you'll find out that the answer to the 2nd question will answer the 1st.

If Coach May plans on being there for the long haul, I would advise him to tread lightly, because the answer to the 3rd and 4th question are - everything is not always what it seams.
Cougar Connection Wrote:Short distance from Belfry to PCC! was not sure where they would land!
PCC is the rumor!

Who are you talking about?
M-I-n-g-o! M-I-n-g-o!
region Wrote:The kids from Phelps is who I assume you are talking about and possibly the one or two from Belfry?

One kid from Phelps is already there, the other will be at either Belfry or PCC if not this, maybe next year. The ones from Belfry aint coming, as far as I know.

One thing about any of these transfers -

Why did they or are they wanting to leave?

Are they coachable?

How does it fit into your team?

Who is pulling these kids and parents strings?

I'm afraid you'll find out that the answer to the 2nd question will answer the 1st.

If Coach May plans on being there for the long haul, I would advise him to tread lightly, because the answer to the 3rd and 4th question are - everything is not always what it seams.
I had heard about a kid from Phelps but didn't hear anything about kids from Belfry. Oh well, who knows for sure. Another rumor heard around the old campfire is that the Dixon kid had offers from some other schools in the 15th region. Wonder what got him to the Hawks nest and wonder how he will be received? And no I'm not accusing anyone of anything, just telling what I heard. If anybody can enlighten us, please do.
sprucepinetiger Wrote:I had heard about a kid from Phelps but didn't hear anything about kids from Belfry. Oh well, who knows for sure. Another rumor heard around the old campfire is that the Dixon kid had offers from some other schools in the 15th region. Wonder what got him to the Hawks nest and wonder how he will be received? And no I'm not accusing anyone of anything, just telling what I heard. If anybody can enlighten us, please do.

He does - SV, Pikeville, and ER lol.

All 3 of those also contacted numerous kids in Pike County all summer.
region Wrote:He does - SV, Pikeville, and ER lol.

I've been told numerous times on here that Shelby Valley doesn't recruit players. So, I doubt that hey have contacted Dixon. (Sarcasm)
It amazes me that the same teams recruit, every year and get away with it.
basketball101 Wrote:It amazes me that the same teams recruit, every year and get away with it.

Who recruits players every year and gets away with it?
Motley Wrote:Who recruits players every year and gets away with it?

I think the Hellier Hellcats do :lmao:
15th region will be wide open with all the transfers. With additions to Pike Central and Shelby Valley, I would give them the upper hand. James leaving Sheldon Clark took them out of the top group. Lawrence will be in the next level since they have no bench, along with Johnson Central, whose talent level isn't what it used to be.
Region is wide open !!!!
How's Valley looking this year. Who did they lost to graduation?
region Wrote:He does - SV, Pikeville, and ER lol.

Tell us more!!! Who are these NUMEROUS KIDS???? The only schools you listed are the 59th district schools. Your mission is????
Mjolnir Wrote:Tell us more!!! Who are these NUMEROUS KIDS???? The only schools you listed are the 59th district schools. Your mission is????

Strike a nerve?

I will say this, in coaching AAU in and around East Ky. I was one of the guys that always supported Shelby Valley when people said they recruited.

Rodney Rowe didn't do it, Jason Booher didn't do it, and all the coaches in between didn't.

Now?

A kid from Grant Co. and a kid from wherever tell me that maybe something fishy is going on. Maybe not.
region Wrote:Strike a nerve?

I will say this, in coaching AAU in and around East Ky. I was one of the guys that always supported Shelby Valley when people said they recruited.

Rodney Rowe didn't do it, Jason Booher didn't do it, and all the coaches in between didn't.

Now?

A kid from Grant Co. and a kid from wherever tell me that maybe something fishy is going on. Maybe not.

The kid from Grant County followed his coach to play for him his senior season. Hard to address the kid from wherever with that much detail.

That's two. Please tell us all about the numerous kids.

Booher didn't do it because he didn't need to. To say that Rowe didn't or should I say doesn't do it now is laughable. Doesn't mean he succeeds at it, but he tries.

Happens at every school to a degree.
Just going to throw this in because it is what I was told. Two schools previously mentioned in this thread offered the young man cash and dad a job. Actually one offered the dad a job, both offered cash. I don't know this kid, his family or anything of the sort. But that is the tale that is being told. Just puttin' it out there. I have no idea if it's true, but again, it's out there.