Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville @ Paintsville 9/4
TigerBlues Wrote:I've got the juggernaut Knott Co central in this one

I'm from Letcher county.
Pikeville by 14
Panthers too much team speed. Too many weapons. Tigers have improved, and have a great team.......but not enough. Pikeville - 38
Paintsville - 14
Paintsville was better last year. Pikeville may have went 10-0 last year in the regular season but I believe they are better this year. Pikeville has the team speed to compete at bowling green & the atmosphere is electric down there. Should be a good game.

Pikeville-38
Paintsville-21
I stated in another thread that I'm thankful this rivalry is relavent again! Better get there early folks
^ Big time game and I will not make any predictions for it. But I will admit in my preseason picks I had Paintsville ahead of Pikeville.
Pikeville - 42

Paintsville - 20
Two good teams who really haven't played anyone at this point. Should be a good one. Tigers by 6.
Paintsville may have the best player (although Pugh is really darn good), but Pikeville has more of the better players overall.

I think this will be a good one. If Paintsville wins it will because Daniel puts the Tigers on his back and takes over both ways.

I think Pikeville just has a little too big of a chip on their shoulder for what happened last year.

Pikeville 28
Paintsville 14
This is me Wrote:Two good teams who really haven't played anyone at this point. Should be a good one. Tigers by 6.

LCC & Prestonsburg about 10 TDs better than Sheldon Clark & Frankfort...
I afraid Paintsville has woke up a giant , they shocked them last year and ended pikevilles season a lot earlier than expected , pikeville will cash in on a easy win

Pikeville 40
Paintsville 12
jetpilot Wrote:LCC & Prestonsburg about 10 TDs better than Sheldon Clark & Frankfort...

LCC 8 TD 's better than Frankfort ?
TigerBlues Wrote:LCC 8 TD 's better than Frankfort ?

LCC/P'burg all-star team 77, SC/Frankfort all-star team 6
Blowout talk is crazy, this is a barn-burner.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Paintsville may have the best player (although Pugh is really darn good), but Pikeville has more of the better players overall.

I think this will be a good one. If Paintsville wins it will because Daniel puts the Tigers on his back and takes over both ways.

I think Pikeville just has a little too big of a chip on their shoulder for what happened last year.

Pikeville 28
Paintsville 14

Don't forget about Phelps!!!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Paintsville may have the best player (although Pugh is really darn good), but Pikeville has more of the better players overall.

Pikeville 28
Paintsville 14

Pikeville has too many weapons and too much speed for one guy to dominate them on defense. Paintsville is going to have to have a great team defensive effort IMO.
jetpilot Wrote:Pikeville has too many weapons and too much speed for one guy to dominate them on defense. Paintsville is going to have to have a great team defensive effort IMO.

Paintsville is more than an one man show like Letcher Central and Pburg.... they definitely have supporting characters.

With that said Daniel is a freak. The fact he can hurt you passing, running, or playing Defense makes him the exception. Pikeville has to honor Phelps whereas so far they could simply contain he one guy.

I still think the Panthers are way too well coached and too quick,, but wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Kash cause a few Costa visors and croakies to get slammed to the bleachers on the Pikeville side Big Grin
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Paintsville is more than an one man show like Letcher Central and Pburg.... they definitely have supporting characters.

With that said Daniel is a freak. The fact he can hurt you passing, running, or playing Defense makes him the exception. Pikeville has to honor Phelps whereas so far they could simply contain he one guy.

I still think the Panthers are way too well coached and too quick,, but wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Kash cause a few Costa visors and croakies to get slammed to the bleachers on the Pikeville side Big Grin
Likewise, Pikevilles players wouldn't surprise me if they caused a few Paintsville fans along the end zone fence to lose their "ish" again like two years ago. :biggrin:
Daniel/Pugh - even (a huge compliment to both players)
Phelps - +7 for Paintsville
Rest of roster - +20 for Pikeville
Home field - +7 for Paintsville

Total - Pikeville by 6. That's my prediction, getting it over with early.
And wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see these teams meet in the semis with a trip to Bowling Green on the line.
One other thing I will add after watching Pikeville is their Strength and Conditioning program is obviously top notch.

Not an out of shape Panther to be found and every player passes the looks test. When their Backs and receivers block down field they block about as good as linemen.

Testament to MacNamee and his staff.
Should be a heck of a ball game by these 1A rivals. Good luck to both teams.
panthers by 3 td's -

Daric "thunder" Pugh will do what he does. Have big yards and a bunch of tds

Chatlin "Lightning" Jarrell will do what he does and make plays on offense / defense and special teams. Heart like lion !

Blake charles is a beast on defense and a real fun player to watch!

Cody Charles another man child who will make plays on offense when called upon. And reak havoc on d!

then you got the rest of Pikevilles skill players who will make plays, Rowe, Vanderbeck, McNamee, Sloan, Dials will need to play well and be accurate .

Of coarse the front lines are key and they been doing a terrific job!

Pikeville players are worried about one thing this year and one thing only making it to Bowling Green and getting that ring! And They r taking it one game at time like they should

all that's on their mind this week is going into Paintsville and getting another W and that's what they'll do!
Pikevlle by 20
Pikeville by 6 in OT
This one should be a dandy!!!!
I look for Paintsville to take this one
Paintsville 35
Pikeville 31
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Paintsville is more than an one man show like Letcher Central and Pburg.... they definitely have supporting characters.

I think that you are not giving the Paintsville coaching staff the credit that they deserve. Joe Chirico took over a Paintsville program that was in danger of disappearing. What he has done with the program in such a short time is nothing short of amazing. Paintsville did not just beat Pikeville in the second meeting last year, the Tigers soundly beat the Panthers.

I don't know about you, but I have never seen such a big swing in a team's fortunes in a single season. Paintsville rebounded from a 62-8 loss to Pikeville to post a 30-6 playoff win only 10 weeks later.

Both of these teams are very well coached but I certainly would not give the coaching edge to Pikeville in light of last season's results. I am no Paintsville fan but Coach Chirico has made me a believer in his program. Nobody in the state has turned in a better coaching job over the past two years. It takes a special coach to turn around a dying program to field a top 5 team in just over two seasons.

I give the edge to Paintsville because of the home field advantage, but nothing would surprise me. Paintsville embarrassed Pikeville last season and that can be a powerful motivator.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I think that you are not giving the Paintsville coaching staff the credit that they deserve. Joe Chirico took over a Paintsville program that was in danger of disappearing. What he has done with the program in such a short time is nothing short of amazing. Paintsville did not just beat Pikeville in the second meeting last year, the Tigers soundly beat the Panthers.

I don't know about you, but I have never seen such a big swing in a team's fortunes in a single season. Paintsville rebounded from a 62-8 loss to Pikeville to post a 30-6 playoff win only 10 weeks later.

Both of these teams are very well coached but I certainly would not give the coaching edge to Pikeville in light of last season's results. I am no Paintsville fan but Coach Chirico has made me a believer in his program. Nobody in the state has turned in a better coaching job over the past two years. It takes a special coach to turn around a dying program to field a top 5 team in just over two seasons.

I give the edge to Paintsville because of the home field advantage, but nothing would surprise me. Paintsville embarrassed Pikeville last season and that can be a powerful motivator.
What a lot of people are forgetting is, Paintsville had several key linemen injured in the first meeting. Kash is special, no doubt. But he can't run if he has no blockers. The key to the second game was the line blocking, as well as the untimely injury to Cody Estep, rendering him to a one footed player. None of us are taking anything away from Chirico at all. The respect is mutual. Plus he has Kent Phelps back this year, whom he did not have last year. It will be a battle. I think the point he was making was that Pikeville is well coached and with last years ending, it will be a good motivational tool to use to ensure the Pikeville D maintains their assignment integrity. I don't believe he was selling Chirico and program short.

All that being said, Pikeville's D is fast, with a gang tackling, ball hawking mentality. This isn't Sheldon Clark or Frankfort they're playing.
Pikeville wins 46-0
PHSForever Wrote:What a lot of people are forgetting is, Paintsville had several key linemen injured in the first meeting. Kash is special, no doubt. But he can't run if he has no blockers. The key to the second game was the line blocking, as well as the untimely injury to Cody Estep, rendering him to a one footed player. None of us are taking anything away from Chirico at all. The respect is mutual. Plus he has Kent Phelps back this year, whom he did not have last year. It will be a battle. I think the point he was making was that Pikeville is well coached and with last years ending, it will be a good motivational tool to use to ensure the Pikeville D maintains their assignment integrity. I don't believe he was selling Chirico and program short.

All that being said, Pikeville's D is fast, with a gang tackling, ball hawking mentality. This isn't Sheldon Clark or Frankfort they're playing.
My point is that Joe Chirico took a Paintsville program that was in very, very bad shape in 2011 (2-9) and 2012 (3-8, including a forfeit win over Fairview) and had the team winning in his first year at the helm (8-4), followed by last year's 10-3 season and the team's current consensus 1A top 5 ranking.

Pikeville may win this week's game, but I doubt that coaching will be the deciding factor. To be honest, in 2012 I did not expect Paintsville to still have a football program in 2015. Not only has Paintsville's program survived under Chirico, it is thriving.
Close game, Paintsville wins in OT.