Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central @ Greenup County 10-9-2015
What is everyone's thoughts on this one?
JC by 32
JC by 5 tds
Greenup county hasn't been blown out all season.
Most points allowed by GC through 7 games is 19.
JC 3 - GC 0 in OT!!! Field goal from the 42.
Greenup County is a lot better than years past. They still are not on the level to compete with Johnson Central though, but if they keep improving they may be there in a few years.

Johnson Central -42
Greenup County - 7
Greenup in all reality is just a couple of plays from being 7 - 0.
16 points from being 7-0
Greenup County has played a very weak schedule but I still believe that they are underrated. If they had a better offense, then this game might be competitive, but I see it going about like last year's matchup.

The Muskateers have a much better shot of upsetting Ashland next week if they catch the Tomcats looking ahead to their game with Johnson Central.

Johnson Central 42
Greenup County 7
Greenup is better. JC still names the score.
Johnson Central by whatever they want.
The drive to Greenup County feels like you driving to Miami Florida from Seattle Washington.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Pulp Fiction Wrote:The drive to Greenup County feels like you driving to Miami Florida from Seattle Washington.

Very true...It seems like it takes forever to make that drive. Actually, I think you can get to Lexington faster than you can get to Greenup Co.
In the pound Wrote:Greenup county hasn't been blown out all season.

Sorry but get ready "In the pound" Confusedhh:

Johnson Central 56
Greenup 07
They may get beat by a lot. I have no stake is this game. Just pointing out greenup is not to be taken lightly.
In the pound Wrote:They may get beat by a lot. I have no stake is this game. Just pointing out greenup is not to be taken lightly.
I agree. I don't think that GC's offense is capable of scoring much against JC, but their defense is good enough to keep the game close for awhile. Greenup County's program is headed in the right direction.

I would like to see the district filled with competitive teams so that whoever emerges on top is better prepared for the playoffs. There are too many badly coached teams in Kentucky that will never be able to compete with the good teams. Teams need good competition to reach their full potential. Playing Greenup County will benefit Johnson Central, no matter how the game turns out. Last week's game against East Carter was a waste of time for both teams.
Johnson Central 45 Greenup County 14
The series history between JC and Greenup County.
The series is tied 8-8.

Year: Winner Score
1975: Greenup County 43-23
1984: Greenup County 28-14
1985: Greenup County 22-21
1986: Greenup County 26-25
1987: Greenup County 39-0
1993: Johnson Central 15-6
2001: Greenup County 17-14
2002: Greenup County 43-22
2003: Greenup County 26-24
2004: Johnson Central 62-13
2005: Johnson Central 43-21
2006: Johnson Central 49-7
2011: Johnson Central 58-6
2012: Johnson Central 59-12
2013: Johnson Central 54-0
2014: Johnson Central 42-0
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I agree. I don't think that GC's offense is capable of scoring much against JC, but their defense is good enough to keep the game close for awhile. Greenup County's program is headed in the right direction.

I would like to see the district filled with competitive teams so that whoever emerges on top is better prepared for the playoffs. There are too many badly coached teams in Kentucky that will never be able to compete with the good teams. Teams need good competition to reach their full potential. Playing Greenup County will benefit Johnson Central, no matter how the game turns out. Last week's game against East Carter was a waste of time for both teams.

The bolded..... 100% agree.

But I will say, IMO, JC was East Carter in 2001, 2002 & 2003.
This game had the feel of a scrimmage. Credit Matney for not scoring 150+ points........ and anybody that was there will tell you JC easily could have scored that many points or more.

Not saying that it didn't happen, but I didn't see any cheap shots or 'chippyness' from EC. And I did have a few JC players tell me that the same thing as well.

I posted in another thread that JC has only lost six (6) district games in the Matney era (2004-2014 [Leaving out the 2015 season]).... JC has a 38-6 district record for that time period so far. Three of those losses came in the 2004 season. JC's last district loss was in 2011.
When you have to play 4-5 mandatory district games per season against teams that, well... aren't that good, you really can't expect much more than to get the JC & Frosh some reps against the other teams 1's. And some years, against some district teams, our middle school teams could be their varsity.

AND NO.... I am not making fun or trying to insult any other program. For the simple fact that we have been down that road. The Good Lord is smiling on JC right now. I for one am thanking God for our success in sports.
Greenup is much better and can keep it fairly close. JC 42 GC 20. GC puts up 2 scores with JC 2's in
Johnson Central 52

Greenup County 14
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Greenup County has played a very weak schedule but I still believe that they are underrated. If they had a better offense, then this game might be competitive, but I see it going about like last year's matchup.

The Muskateers have a much better shot of upsetting Ashland next week if they catch the Tomcats looking ahead to their game with Johnson Central.

Johnson Central 42
Greenup County 7

Nobody plays a weaker schedule than Johnson Central!
The record of teams that jc has played so far 8 combined wins and 23 defeats.
dawg fan Wrote:Nobody plays a weaker schedule than Johnson Central!

So you are saying that LC's schedule is tougher?

Then why wont Lawrence Co. play them?

You scared?
Seriously, this coming from a Lawrence County fan? From a fan of a team that is about to be blown out by a team that was just blown out by a WV team? I would say let's see how your team fares against Lexington Catholic, but we both know that match up is not going to happen unless the Dawgs are moved into the Knights' district so that they have to play them. Lol
dawg fan Wrote:The record of teams that jc has played so far 8 combined wins and 23 defeats.

You may be right in saying JC Schedule is weak. However, as Paul Harvey would say " but LC county played this schedule the would be 5-4:Confusednicker: with Belfry and Ashland putting a running clock or coming very close to a running clock loss." So you keep talking and embarrassing yourself. Confusednicker::1:
dawg fan Wrote:The record of teams that jc has played so far 8 combined wins and 23 defeats.

What a cowardly act to get on BR and talk about JC's schedule after LC coming off a 9-4 season adding Montgomery County (coming off 2-8 season) & Powell County(coming off 3-7 season). :please:

In addition, LC coach was contacted and called several time about playing JC on 9-11-15 (Powell County). Please Dawg Fan before you continue to act like a spineless jelly fish do a little research.

I keep being told by LC fans that LC is not afraid of Playing JC, come on be real with yourself. You think Powell County better prepared LC for Belfry then playing JC would have? HELL NO :HitWall:

KEEP RUNNIG DOGS JUST KEEP RUNNING :Clap:
The record for the opponents of jc 8 and 23
The record for lc opponents 22 and 17
Numbers don't lie unlike you jc fan.
You got 9 games this year, probably 8 next year, soon all you will have is district games.