Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 34 EKU 27
I have started typing a post 3 times, but I'm still too aggravated to do it objectively. I will be back later.......maybe.
Just curious, does Dawson and Stoops forbid Towles from throwing the ball away?

He consistently runs out of bounds for 3 and 4 yard losses instead of just chucking the ball up field for free out of bounds. It makes no sense.
College football is the only place where a close win doesn't mean anything and should have been a loss.........I bet no one said anything when it took a John Wall last second shot to beat a Miami OH team that we were favored by 25 against.....Nope just happy to get the Win........I mean yes we deserved to get beat by EKU but we didn't.......this is a game under Joker or even the previous 2 years we would have lost......I know EKU isn't a FBS school but they were ranked in the pre season top 15 in FCS and have a lot of D1 transfers on their team......so they are a decent little team. I don't care if we win 2 more games by 1 point as long as we get bowl eligible......but I guarantee you will see a different UK team next week against Auburn and I do believe we win this game by 10-14 points.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Just curious, does Dawson and Stoops forbid Towles from throwing the ball away?

He consistently runs out of bounds for 3 and 4 yard losses instead of just chucking the ball up field for free out of bounds. It makes no sense.
That's my biggest question. Stop taking those sacks.
Jarons Wrote:I agree. Watching and rooting for UK, except for last night as I am an EKU grad. I am frustrated that UK shoots for 6 wins to earn a bid to a bowl no one cares about. What is wrong with shooting to be the best in the conference and playing a legitimate bowl? I never understood the philosophy that UK has towards football play sisters of the poor and hope for two conference wins to earn a bowl. I don't care who you root for, 6-6 is not worthy of a bowl appearance. The NCAA needs to get rid of about half of these bowls, there are too many of them. IMO, only teams with winning conference records should be eligible for a bowl bid.

I don't believe that UK's goal as a team is to just win 6 football games. In fact Stoops was quick to quiet any talk of that being UK's goal before the season. The staff and players work their tails off to compete and win every single game. Unfortunately their focus wasn't there for the EKU game and it almost cost them but this is the same team that beat Mizzou at home. It's also the same team that played poorly offensively and still nearly beat a Florida team who now looks like the front runner in the East.
cchsfan4life Wrote:College football is the only place where a close win doesn't mean anything and should have been a loss.........I bet no one said anything when it took a John Wall last second shot to beat a Miami OH team that we were favored by 25 against.....Nope just happy to get the Win........I mean yes we deserved to get beat by EKU but we didn't.......this is a game under Joker or even the previous 2 years we would have lost......I know EKU isn't a FBS school but they were ranked in the pre season top 15 in FCS and have a lot of D1 transfers on their team......so they are a decent little team. I don't care if we win 2 more games by 1 point as long as we get bowl eligible......but I guarantee you will see a different UK team next week against Auburn and I do believe we win this game by 10-14 points.
I agree with most of what you are saying here sir, but at the same time I see this game as a quick slap in the face back to reality for those of us that have endured year after year of mediocrity and less with this program. I hope as I have year after year that maybe this coach and his staff might be the ones to bring true respect to the commonwealth and get 7,8 or even 9 wins, but I feel I have to prepare myself once again for old man Reality unfortunately.......

P.S. Maybe this is the year we break through? I actually believe we have a shot at 7 or 8 regular season wins, I guess I'm probably nuts! Lol
Brooks4Prez Wrote:I don't believe that UK's goal as a team is to just win 6 football games. In fact Stoops was quick to quiet any talk of that being UK's goal before the season. The staff and players work their tails off to compete and win every single game. Unfortunately their focus wasn't there for the EKU game and it almost cost them but this is the same team that beat Mizzou at home. It's also the same team that played poorly offensively and still nearly beat a Florida team who now looks like the front runner in the East.

And THAT, is the key factor, IMO. They were touting the fact that both QBs would get time, and what all they would "practice" doing against EKU.

They just flat out looked past them, and nearly came up and bit 'em!
It was a good game and it happens. UK will be ok.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Just curious, does Dawson and Stoops forbid Towles from throwing the ball away?

probably so because his accuracy is horrible and they are afraid he will throw an interception.
The record books in history will show at the end off the day in 2015 UK has a win and eastern has a lose
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:I agree with most of what you are saying here sir, but at the same time I see this game as a quick slap in the face back to reality for those of us that have endured year after year of mediocrity and less with this program. I hope as I have year after year that maybe this coach and his staff might be the ones to bring true respect to the commonwealth and get 7,8 or even 9 wins, but I feel I have to prepare myself once again for old man Reality unfortunately.......

P.S. Maybe this is the year we break through? I actually believe we have a shot at 7 or 8 regular season wins, I guess I'm probably nuts! Lol
Agree with you. I think 7-8 wins or more is absolutely possible. Charlotte, a dumpster fire of a UT team, an Auburn team who isn't as good as we thought they were, and UofL on Thanksgiving still left for the Cats. Could win any and all of those.
This team will get to a bowl because Charlotte is still left on the schedule.
Now that we have that as a lock, its time to look at bigger things.
This team is one game back from a bad Florida team that will inevitably lose a couple of conference games.

We can very easily beat Vandy so long as its good Patty week. That's already 6 wins, and we have an atrocious Lville team at home that will give us 7 wins.

That leaves four games. Auburn is a possible win so long as its good patty week and our offensive lineman aren't having there time of the month. That would be 8 wins.

Mississippi State is winnable. But we wont win it IMO.
We also wont beat Georgia or Tennessee. It just wont happen. Id be very surprised if it did.

But, if UK can manage to win against Auburn, Mississippi State, and Vandy, that would give them 3 conference losses after falling to GA and TN. That could very well win the SEC East.

I think UK goes 7-5. Last three wins are Charlotte, Vandy, and Lville.
Rest are losses.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:This team will get to a bowl because Charlotte is still left on the schedule.
This team is one game back from a bad Florida team that will inevitably lose a couple of conference games.

We can very easily beat Vandy so long as its good Patty week. That's already 6 wins, and we have an atrocious Lville team at home that will give us 7 wins.

That leaves four games. Auburn is a possible win so long as its good patty week and our offensive lineman aren't having there time of the month. That would be 8 wins.

We also wont beat Georgia or Tennessee. It just wont happen. Id be very surprised if it did.

But, if UK can manage to win against Auburn, Mississippi State, and Vandy, that would give them 3 conference losses after falling to GA and TN. That could very well win the SEC East.

Rest are losses.

They certainly can beat UL but I wouldn't write it down in ink. UL just beat NC State on the road. That same NC State team shut out EKU 35-0. Now the NC State/EKU game was very competitive for a half as the Colonels had the ball at the Wolfpack 2 1st and goal with 2 minutes to go in the first half and couldn't punch it in. I'm not really comparing the scores though. I was on the sidelines for both the UK game and the NC State game. NC State's offensive and defensive lines are much better than UK's--especially the offensive line. If the Cardinals offensive and defensive lines are comparable or better the UK/UL game will be a toss up.
^Agree!!

I also think the UT game is a toss up Gut. If UK can put 4 quarters together, and UT melts down again in second half.....you never know!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:This team will get to a bowl because Charlotte is still left on the schedule.

Rest are losses.
All that good bad patty week is stroking me out. Are we in for a good or bad one when Auburn rolls into town? How's that work with a bye week? Confusednicker:
Demarcus ware Wrote:All that good bad patty week is stroking me out. Are we in for a good or bad one when Auburn rolls into town? How's that work with a bye week? Confusednicker:

It's going to be a good Patty week, the War Eagles or Tigers are going down...