Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Real or Fake bait?
What do you think?
i like chicken liver
That is good for catfish. I like it as well
According to what I'm fishing for and what they're hitting..
Live bait i think is real good........live minners work well with bass just hook them through the back so they can swim.........
in the sprig i allways use shadraps or bandits b/c the water is still cool and their not as close to the top of the water yet or as active. in the summer when the water is warm i like to use top water baits mostly chugbugs b/c come to find out they work the best for me but coastly for one its anywhere from 5 to 10 $$ alot in my book. in the fall i like to mix it up a bit and use deep runners or top water they both work well in the fall. the only time i use live bait is at night for catfish, croppy, and stripper bass, but i LOVE my lures.
"15thRegionCrazy" Wrote:According to what I'm fishing for and what they're hitting..

:beer: I agree. It just depends on what type of fish you are fishing for. We have a lot of bass near here and fake is better for them. We also fish in a nice catfish pond near by and I like live bait for that type.

:Hole:
depends on what i am fishing for
I never use live bait unless I'm catfishing or carp fishing. I love topwater fishing for bass. Something about seeing those huge jaws coming to the top of the water. I love it.
i can't bait a hook so my 8 yr old came up with using gummy worms one day..lol i think she ate as many worms as the fish did
"bballmama" Wrote:i can't bait a hook so my 8 yr old came up with using gummy worms one day..lol i think she ate as many worms as the fish did

Well at least no one went hungry and its a short drive to Long John Silvers if you really want fish but I think I will stick with you 8 yr old I like gummy worms better than fish too!!!!!!
I have had better luck with real bait
Live bait is ok. But take the challenge of making a piece of plastic look real very exciting way to fish. Dont have to worry about killing a bass to much with artificial like live they will swallow it and you will kill it. Practice catch and release on the BASS.
i like live bait
A black or brown jig with A #1 Plastic pork trailer(blue or junebug) for bass!!!  Night crawlers and shrimp for catfish!!!      :thumpsup:
[quote author=bballmama link=topic=18858.msg191888#msg191888 date=1140563745]
i can't bait a hook so my 8 yr old came up with using gummy worms one day..lol i think she ate as many worms as the fish did
[/quote]

aww thats sweet....My mom goes fishing with me all the time...My dad likes to just drive the boat around but moms a hardcore fisherWOMAN!!!
Nothing beats a nightcrawler...lol
Artificial for bass and live for crappie,catfish,bluegill,rockbass and whatever else!
Real
I definetly live and die be the shad rap in the spring, i like a black and blue jig with a skirt in the summer and i like the willow leaf spinner in the fall but thats just for bass...I use artificials only tho...I think that an artificial bait shows the skill of an angler.live bait provides its own action artificial doesnt the angler has to give the bait its motion
Use a combination of both. :Thumbs:
brotherinarms Wrote:I definetly live and die be the shad rap in the spring, i like a black and blue jig with a skirt in the summer and i like the willow leaf spinner in the fall but thats just for bass...I use artificials only tho...I think that an artificial bait shows the skill of an angler.live bait provides its own action artificial doesnt the angler has to give the bait its motion

:thumpsup: Agree 100%. I use different types of artifical than you though. I love the black and blue jig. I use the white with bleeding hook spinner bait. My favorite bait to use though is a 10"watermelon green powerbait worm. Love fishing with it for some reason. Had some great luck with it last year.
I will try fAKE FIRST IF THAT DONT WORK THEN i USE LIVE SEEM LIKE THE LIVE BAIT WORKS BETTER
Live...hehe
It depends on what I'm fishing for.
Real!
Live
Cut for Catfish.
Fake for bass but for every other kind of fish i choose real