Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post season predictions
With the regular season starting to wind down. What are your predictions for the post season? Who is the favorite to win your teams district? Your teams region?
9th region should be exciting with three teams ranked in the top ten in the state going at it. Highlands beat ND, NCC beat Highlands and ND beat NCC in regular season. Throw in a couple other good teams and this makes for a good regional tourney.
Girls Southwestern should win their district and Boyle should play West Jessamine in the 12th region final with Boyle winning the 12th
In the 15th region I would say the major favorite is belfry. But several teams are in contention (pikeville, paintsville, JC could all pull an upset). For girls I look to see lawrence county win the region again but Johnson central and prestonsburg will look to challenge.
12th region boys I think Mercer will win the region
14th region. Perry Boys are about a lock. Estill Letcher and Perry could all win the girls.
AC Milan.
This was last years thread but the funny thing is that it will probably be pretty accurate for this year too.
15 region girls will be close but look for JC defending champs to come out on top again.
shadowlyfe Wrote:Girls Southwestern should win their district
I'm absolutly agree
This is a breakdown of the 10th region. This is my ranking and does not mean anything other than a little conversation about the 10th region that seems to get left out, even though in the past the 10th has always been very completive. Bishop and Campbell have dominated the 10th since the regions were moved around in 2012. Bourbon or Clark will have to find a way to challenge them and have a chance at the region championship. Don’t think Bishop and Campbell will be push overs since they have losing records. Most losses came from good competition and just as the past has shown they will be ready when tournament time comes around.
1. Bishop Brossart 3 - 4 - 1 (Win over Campbell and close game vs quality teams)
2. Campbell County 2 - 7 - 1 (Win over PLD, Shootout w/Bishop and tough schedule)
3. Bourbon County 9 - 1 – 1 (9 wins, tie vs Boone but need quality win to pass top 2)
4. GRC 4 - 2 - 2 (Tie vs Woodford but need quality wins to pass any of top3)
5. Scott 3 - 5 - 2 (Win vs Harrison but no quality wins to be any higher)
6. Harrison County 2 - 3 - 1 (Win over Montgomery and close tie to Scott puts them at 6)
7. Montgomery County 5 - 5 - 0 (Wins over Mason & Calvary but loss to Harrison put them at 7)
8. Mason County 6 - 2 – 1 (Gave slight edge over Calvary due to not giving up any goal to St. Pat)
9. Calvary Christian 5 - 3 - 1 (Could have been 8 or 9 but tough road ahead with district opponents)
10. Pendleton County 1 - 8 - 0 (With close loss to #5 Scott Pendleton will edge over St. Pat.)
11. St. Patrick 1 – 5 – 0 (With win over Paris St. Pat is at #11 but can move up with win over PC)
12. Paris 0 - 10 - 1 (Tough year so far and does not look to get any better with rest of schedule)
My previous reply to Post season predictions was the Girls 10th Region. I have been trying to break down the Boys 10th Region and due to me only seeing a couple of Boys game this year I just can't figure it out. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to some of the regions wins and loses. Just by going on region record, I think it looks like Campbell County (Region Record 3-0-0) is the team to beat in the 10th Region. But it really looks to be up in the air this year to who will be the team that wins the 10th Region Tournament.
Pribble Park Wrote:This is a breakdown of the 10th region. This is my ranking and does not mean anything other than a little conversation about the 10th region that seems to get left out, even though in the past the 10th has always been very completive. Bishop and Campbell have dominated the 10th since the regions were moved around in 2012. Bourbon or Clark will have to find a way to challenge them and have a chance at the region championship. Don’t think Bishop and Campbell will be push overs since they have losing records. Most losses came from good competition and just as the past has shown they will be ready when tournament time comes around.
1. Bishop Brossart 3 - 4 - 1 (Win over Campbell and close game vs quality teams)
2. Campbell County 2 - 7 - 1 (Win over PLD, Shootout w/Bishop and tough schedule)
3. Bourbon County 9 - 1 – 1 (9 wins, tie vs Boone but need quality win to pass top 2)
4. GRC 4 - 2 - 2 (Tie vs Woodford but need quality wins to pass any of top3)
5. Scott 3 - 5 - 2 (Win vs Harrison but no quality wins to be any higher)
6. Harrison County 2 - 3 - 1 (Win over Montgomery and close tie to Scott puts them at 6)
7. Montgomery County 5 - 5 - 0 (Wins over Mason & Calvary but loss to Harrison put them at 7)
8. Mason County 6 - 2 – 1 (Gave slight edge over Calvary due to not giving up any goal to St. Pat)
9. Calvary Christian 5 - 3 - 1 (Could have been 8 or 9 but tough road ahead with district opponents)
10. Pendleton County 1 - 8 - 0 (With close loss to #5 Scott Pendleton will edge over St. Pat.)
11. St. Patrick 1 – 5 – 0 (With win over Paris St. Pat is at #11 but can move up with win over PC)
12. Paris 0 - 10 - 1 (Tough year so far and does not look to get any better with rest of schedule)

Campbell and Brossart are way down this year and I think Bourbon Co. has a good shot this year.