3. Damon Tobler
4. Austin Combs
5. Griffin Wells
6. James Blair
7. Josh Crank
8. Anjanee Chisolm
9. Akin Akinyama
10. Trystan Collett
Two first cousins (Connor Hoskins and Damon Tobler) in the top three player ratings. Bet the Hoskins family is proud of those boys!
Is this really suppose to be a serious list of is this a joke?
Cats Pause is pretty close just about every year.

This was last year's preseason picks:
Knott Central
Perry Central
Hazard
Buckhorn
Letcher Central
Leslie County
Breathitt County
Wolfe County
Estill County
Powell County

Seven of the 10 were in the regional tourney, and the top two are right.
I agree that it would be hard to rank the 14th region this year because there's not much of a difference from #1 to #5.

Perry, Knott, Hazard, Buckhorn, and Letcher could go in any order right now. Any of the 5 could win the region.

BUT the 2 problem's I have is
How can Cordia be #9? There's not 8 teams in the 14th region better than Cordia.
AND
How is Tobler ranked ahead of Austin Combs? Or How is Tobler ranked #3 anyways?

Also, look at the top 7 teams.
All are 53th and 54th district teams. Should be 2 great district tournaments this year.
Cordia has 3 kids with D1 offers and none are listed in the top ten players in the region. I guess the Harlan paper must be on the catspause payroll that's all I can think of as to why they rank the 14th region. They even left out issac Caudill from knott. Outside those 3 cordia players I would rank him the best player in the region. This list has zero credibility after this and that is not my opinion on how good those players are that is apparently the opinion of someone who matters(college coaches).
Here's the Cordia section. Who are the Division I players?

CORDIA (8-4) — Still ineligible for postseason competition due to KHSAA violations, the Lions remain a formidable foe with a big and talented lineup featuring 5-10 senior guard Ajenee Chisolm (14.1, 3.6), 6-5 senior forward Zeke Biallas (4.0, 3.9), 6-10 freshman center Oumar Keita (11.2, 11.3) and 6-2 sophomore guard Ramon Mercado (7.2, 2.5). Anthony Nelson (7.8, 2.4), a 6-3 junior guard, is a candidate to complete the lineup, along with 5-9 seniors Ricky Fugate (3.0) and Tyler Miller (2.3).
Caudill averaged 4.7 points per game last year. That won't get you too many votes for the top 10. I saw him this summer though, and he's a nice player. He just has to earn some votes on the floor.
He averaged 4.7 last year on a team that the offense went through hall and justice. Him averaging 4.7 is equivalent to someone else averaging 20.0 the Caudill boy is for real is the best player by far on kcc. Cordia's Anthony Nelson is the best player in the region and it's not even close and a top 10 at worst in the state. Two weeks ago he went on a visit to middle Tennessee state and they rolled out the red carpet. They introduced him at half time of the Vanderbilt football game. He is their number one target nation wide. He also has offers from UNC Ashville,Coasta Carolina and. Illinois head coach has had an in home visit with him but has to made an offical offer yet. Ramon mercado has an offer from EKU and just a sophomore. And Oumar Keta has a offer from Western Kentucky and middle Tennessee state. He also has received interest from LSU. These 4 players are conspicuously absent from the list.
I believe these rankings could also change when season starts.
I guess they have to do something against 14th Region competition to get votes from 14th Region coaches.
The story states that coaches do the voting.
Other than Keta, no one has the numbers to be on the list.
[Image:

]

Top 10 Players in the 14th:

1. Austin Combs
2. Isaac Caudill
3. Damon Tobler
4. Torell Carter
5. Connor Hoskins
6. James Blair
7. Akin Akinyama
8. Josh Crank
9. Princewill Anosike
10. Griffin Wells

Heard Lotts Creek had some talent, but I've been told they not getting to play, AGAIN.... Something about violations.

More mash taters please!
I respect Cats' Pause because its a book I buy every year.

My rankings
1) Perry
2) Hazard
3) Letcher
4) Cordia
5) Knott
6) Buckhorn
7) JBS
8) Leslie
9) Powell
10) Estill

1) Carter (LCC)
2) Combs (KCC)
3) Hoskins (BHS)
4) Wells (HHS)
5) Anosike (JBS)
6) Chislom (CHS)
7) Tolber (PCC)
8) Crank (BHS)
9) Blair (PCC)
10) Johnson (HHS)
This is how I see it:

1. Cordia
2. Perry
3. Buckhorn
4. Knott
5. Hazard
6. Letcher
7. JBS
8. Leslie
9. Estill
10. Powell

Top 10 Players:

1. Chisolm
2. Keita
3. Carter
4. Combs
5. Akinyama
6. Anosike
7. Hoskins
8. Tobler
9. Wells
10. Crank
Keita what grade is he in? Sophomore or junior?
jacobcody2 Wrote:Keita what grade is he in? Sophomore or junior?

[Image:

]

More mash taters please!
Fat pat I don't know what page out of the troublesome creek times you have been reading but cordia can play a full schedule. They have a full slate of games including the all a, just no post season. I would wait until after Tuesday to see if they get reinstated if I were you before you get too excited, but it will be at least another week before you get the news because the troublesome I think only comes out on Thursday's and I don't think they can get a story printed on 2 days notice.
HCS Wrote:I guess they have to do something against 14th Region competition to get votes from 14th Region coaches.
The story states that coaches do the voting.
Other than Keta, no one has the numbers to be on the list.

I guess it's all about big numbers form the top notch competition in the 14th. There is a baker kid from riverside that averaged nearly 10 pts per game. I just about guarantee the 14th coaches didn't vote if they did al holland didn't get a vote because I have heard him say out of his own mouth that if cordia gets to play post season everyone is playing for second place. He says no one can touch them. When you have 3 kids with D1 offers and not to even mention them is shameful.
They are all mentioned. Didn't I send the Cordia paragraph?
Al has voted the last 10 years or more.
If KHSAA allows Cordia to play in the post season tournament this year they will win the region. And khsaa need to stop putting high school teams on probation for recruiting. Just allow teams go out n recruit like college coaches do. By the way did cordia pay their find yet. I guess the people in the county that pay school taxes pick up the tab for Rhodes recruiting expenses.
Buford T Justice Wrote:He averaged 4.7 last year on a team that the offense went through hall and justice. Him averaging 4.7 is equivalent to someone else averaging 20.0 the Caudill boy is for real is the best player by far on kcc. Cordia's Anthony Nelson is the best player in the region and it's not even close and a top 10 at worst in the state. Two weeks ago he went on a visit to middle Tennessee state and they rolled out the red carpet. They introduced him at half time of the Vanderbilt football game. He is their number one target nation wide. He also has offers from UNC Ashville,Coasta Carolina and. Illinois head coach has had an in home visit with him but has to made an offical offer yet. Ramon mercado has an offer from EKU and just a sophomore. And Oumar Keta has a offer from Western Kentucky and middle Tennessee state. He also has received interest from LSU. These 4 players are conspicuously absent from the list.

Are you for real???
jacobcody2 Wrote:If KHSAA allows Cordia to play in the post season tournament this year they will win the region. And khsaa need to stop putting high school teams on probation for recruiting. Just allow teams go out n recruit like college coaches do. By the way did cordia pay their find yet. I guess the people in the county that pay school taxes pick up the tab for Rhodes recruiting expenses.

[Image:

]

More mash taters please!
Buford T Justice Wrote:He averaged 4.7 last year on a team that the offense went through hall and justice. Him averaging 4.7 is equivalent to someone else averaging 20.0 the Caudill boy is for real is the best player by far on kcc. Cordia's Anthony Nelson is the best player in the region and it's not even close and a top 10 at worst in the state. Two weeks ago he went on a visit to middle Tennessee state and they rolled out the red carpet. They introduced him at half time of the Vanderbilt football game. He is their number one target nation wide. He also has offers from UNC Ashville,Coasta Carolina and. Illinois head coach has had an in home visit with him but has to made an offical offer yet. Ramon mercado has an offer from EKU and just a sophomore. And Oumar Keta has a offer from Western Kentucky and middle Tennessee state. He also has received interest from LSU. These 4 players are conspicuously absent from the list.

[Image:

]

If Combs or Caudill gets knocked down the other one will be there bolz. We will be like a double sided bus, always on our wheels baby.

More mash taters please!
Buford T Justice Wrote:Fat pat I don't know what page out of the troublesome creek times you have been reading but cordia can play a full schedule. They have a full slate of games including the all a, just no post season. I would wait until after Tuesday to see if they get reinstated if I were you before you get too excited, but it will be at least another week before you get the news because the troublesome I think only comes out on Thursday's and I don't think they can get a story printed on 2 days notice.

[Image:

]

More mash taters please!
Buford T Justice Wrote:Fat pat I don't know what page out of the troublesome creek times you have been reading but cordia can play a full schedule. They have a full slate of games including the all a, just no post season. I would wait until after Tuesday to see if they get reinstated if I were you before you get too excited, but it will be at least another week before you get the news because the troublesome I think only comes out on Thursday's and I don't think they can get a story printed on 2 days notice.

You keep speaking of Tuesday. It will be a day of disappointment for you I do believe. There is more of a chance of someone kidnapping me and we both know its hard to kidnap fat people. I am partial to Wednesday though. I get my senior discount at several restaurants in town. It makes me smile.

[Image:

]

More mash taters please!
Knott will have a nice team .
This list has to be a joke.
WALL2WALL Wrote:Are you for real???

It's just him talking out of his rear again, he has no clue what he's talking about. He has it out for you know who and his family for some reason.

Combs @ Knott and Hoskins @ Buckhorn I think it's safe to say are the best two players in the region.

I don't have Cordia mentioned until they get eligible, Cordia is really lucky they get to play any games for these boys to even get recognized. Once Cordia gets eligible I think it's safe to say they'll have two or 3 in the top 5.

But if Cat's Pause is going to mention them at all they were way off on there top 10, no way this top 10 from Cats Pause is correct.
dragonwatch Wrote:This list has to be a joke.

Put your top 10 out there if you don't like it.
Cats pause in the 13th and 14th are a mess.