Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auburn 30 Kentucky 27
FBALL Wrote:No I look at the talent on the roster and the quality of football we are playing now instead of acting like a spoiled child who didn't get what they wanted. But keep on pouting and whining and name calling those that don't agree with you. It's entertaining.
Keep on being proud of Ky's new mediocre status! Wow, we can beat LLU by a td, beat EKU in overtime and play a struggling/winless (in SEC play) Auburn team on our home field close!!! I think I'll go throw up!
Good. Go throw up.
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:I agree with DeMarcus on a lot of points. I do believe that Ky is a little better however than they were in the Joker and Bill Curry era's, but I refuse to accept the mind set that we as Ky fans should be satisfied to reach actual mediocre status and not be one of the handful of laughing stocks in the country. I guess in your book we should be happy that we played a struggling winless team in the SEC close on our home damn field?? I'm sick to my stomach with hoping we can play struggling programs with big names close..... I guess if we can manage a victory over Vandy at Vandy we will get to 6-6 and get an irrelevant bowl bid. Whoopee, while programs like Duke and Northwestern (who used to be much weaker programs than Ky) compete for conference championships???

I'm not for mediocre. But I do see progress. From where this program came from 3 years ago the progression is drastic. We have come hapless to competitive. I long for the next step to be taken. The only way to do that is recruiting and building quality depth which they are doing. I'm as competitive, probably more so than anybody. Losing hurts my soul. I would chew my arm off to win a game of checkers if that's what it took. But this is like raising a child and right now this program is a toddler. And that is progress.
FBALL Wrote:I'm not for mediocre. But I do see progress. From where this program came from 3 years ago the progression is drastic. We have come hapless to competitive. I long for the next step to be taken. The only way to do that is recruiting and building quality depth which they are doing. I'm as competitive, probably more so than anybody. Losing hurts my soul. I would chew my arm off to win a game of checkers if that's what it took. But this is like raising a child and right now this program is a toddler. And that is progress.
I understand what you are saying sir, but the sad thing is that this as good as it gets in this chicken shit program..... And we are expected by the program to support and hope we reach mediocre status each year and get to 6-6...... that's just an unacceptable painful existence in the world of college football, especially when you have programs like Duke, Northwestern, Rutgers, Iowa State, Oregon State that have proven that traditional bottom dwellers can be turned into solid programs with the right people in charge... But yet we have crammed down our throats as fans, lets hope for a mediocre 6-6 bunch on NONSENSE...Year after year, with no commitment to excellence! Enjoy if you can.....
ANYONE who thinks this program is EVER going to be a consistent winner after ALL the close calls over ALL THESE YEARS is seriously brain damaged and just so damn crazy it is funny! UK football will NEVER be up there at the top of the division or the conference, or the nation. Rich Brooks never had them there. Remember when they beat #1 LSU? 6-1 at the time, ranked #9. Ended up going 1-4 rest of season and going to a low-tier bowl, which is GREAT for these crazy, brain damaged fans who think that puts them up there at the top. I do see this team going 6-6 and getting a soft bowl bid. BUT, don't be surprised if they finish 5-7. WHY? Because it is KENTUCKY FOOTBALL!!!! NEVER A REAL WINNER!!!!!!
That's nonsense. New stadium,new practice facility being built, better recruiting than we've ever had. That is commitment.

Of the program's you mentioned probably only Duke is better this year and they endured they're growing pains in a much weaker conference.

What is chicken stuff is the people whining that we've not improved fast enough or we will never improve and should just stop trying or supporting the program.
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:I understand what you are saying sir, but the sad thing is that this as good as it gets in this chicken shit program..... And we are expected by the program to support and hope we reach mediocre status each year and get to 6-6...... that's just an unacceptable painful existence in the world of college football, especially when you have programs like Duke, Northwestern, Rutgers, Iowa State, Oregon State that have proven that traditional bottom dwellers can be turned into solid programs with the right people in charge... But yet we have crammed down our throats as fans, lets hope for a mediocre 6-6 bunch on NONSENSE...Year after year, with no commitment to excellence! Enjoy if you can.....
I agree. Duke and Northwestern would probably lay a beating on UK this year, The other teams would be close, but at least they can say they've had their years. It is what it is, UK football, I'm moving on to the Mississippi state game now, dreading that one.
Under Joker we would be 2-4. Another tough loss but at least we can finally get excited about UK football for once. Go Cats.
I totally blew that for sure, our receivers are mid major level athletically and it looked from the first half we were totally out coached. I'm always gonna be a Cat but man that killed us last night, like Gut said breakout the basketballs
Our receivers are athletic. Much more than mid major level. Too many drops but athletically they are SEC receivers.
FBALL Wrote:I guess it takes an idiot to know an idiot.

Go Cats.

You personally know Dawson?
People paying attention noticed a long time ago that SEC programs like Bama, Auburn and Florida always get the calls! The bad holding call at the start of the last drive was just bad luck??? Just like last year against Florida??? Bad luck?? I am blind in one eye and I seen that the play clock and game clock both said 0:00! People my age can clearly remember back in the day when Ben Johnson won that Gold Medal at the 100m sprint and then failed his drug test; yep they took that medal back quick didn't they!! When Florida's QB tests positive for PED's that's all okay, remember its Florida! How many tackles did he break, how many first downs did he run for in that 14 to 9 ballgame?? You don't see the SEC taking those wins from Florida do you??? We all remember the Scam Newton case. It was proven his Pappy was shopping him around and the asking price was $100K! Don't worry its okay, it's Auburn! Back in the 70's Fran Curci rubbed elbows with the SEC big boys went out and recruited nose to nose with them went 10-1 and didn't lose a game in SEC play but when UK Football recruits a certain way its cheating when Auburn and Bama do it its all okay you see! Some of you people that read this think oh no SEC football is all about fairness. Oh yea the NBA has always been fair to no referee has ever cheated in the league either!
honestjchsfan Wrote:People paying attention noticed a long time ago that SEC programs like Bama, Auburn and Florida always get the calls! The bad holding call at the start of the last drive was just bad luck??? Just like last year against Florida??? Bad luck?? I am blind in one eye and I seen that the play clock and game clock both said 0:00! People my age can clearly remember back in the day when Ben Johnson won that Gold Medal at the 100m sprint and then failed his drug test; yep they took that medal back quick didn't they!! When Florida's QB tests positive for PED's that's all okay, remember its Florida! How many tackles did he break, how many first downs did he run for in that 14 to 9 ballgame?? You don't see the SEC taking those wins from Florida do you??? We all remember the Scam Newton case. It was proven his Pappy was shopping him around and the asking price was $100K! Don't worry its okay, it's Auburn! Back in the 70's Fran Curci rubbed elbows with the SEC big boys went out and recruited nose to nose with them went 10-1 and didn't lose a game in SEC play but when UK Football recruits a certain way its cheating when Auburn and Bama do it its all okay you see! Some of you people that read this think oh no SEC football is all about fairness. Oh yea the NBA has always been fair to no referee has ever cheated in the league either!

I love your excuses because your team can't catch a cold or a football you blame everyone but yourselves. You had a chance to put a stamp on the SEC East but you guys chocked. Florida with a suspended QB Georgia without one of the best RB's in the game out for the season and you couldn't get the job done. I know Auburn's season has been a bitter disappointing one but we didn't make excuses for ourselves!
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor???
There is still a lot of football to be played...
:pondering:
OldJacket Wrote:Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor???
There is still a lot of football to be played...
Confusedtare:
Last year I hoped for 5-6 wins, this year I was hoping to get to 6-7 wins...We are in year 3 of Coach Stoops and half way through this season, I see progress...I understand all the frustration, attended my first UK game in 1964, I have seen it all from 10-1 to 0-9-1 seasons...The money is finally being invested in the football program and the blocks are being laid...We have lost 2 games by 8 points and the Florida loss in looking better, don't jump out of the canoe yet...
SEC - East
CONF OVERALL HOME ROAD PF PA STRK
Florida 4-1 6-1 4-0 2-1 221 121 L1
Georgia 3-2 5-2 4-1 1-1 232 136 W1
Kentucky 2-2 4-2 3-2 1-0 157 139 L1
Tennessee 1-2 3-3 2-2 0-1 223 154 W1
Missouri 1-3 4-3 3-1 1-2 116 90 L2
South Carolina 1-4 3-4 2-1 0-3 143 184 W1
Vanderbilt 0-3 2-4 1-2 1-2 116 111 L1
In my lifetime, Curci, Claiborne, Curry, Mumme, Morriss, Brooks, Phillips, Stoops, ALL have given the fans and program success early in their tenure to think things are FINALLY going to be turned around. But, as history has shown, everything goes downhill fast! 40+ years, 14 winning seasons, 11 bowls. And the loss to Auburn will be the start of a 4-game losing streak. And it wouldn't surprise me going to Vandy at 4-5 if they don't get the win in Nashville making the Louisville game the deciding game if UK goes to a bowl, and we all have seen how this bunch has performed on the big stage. NOT GOOD!!!
I have never read so many foolish comments in my life. If anyone can't see the improvements Coach Stoops has made, then you know "nothing" about football. It takes time to build a program, and build a "winners" mentality within a program. We are two dropped passes away from being 6-0. On top of that, we finally beat a top 25 team at home and we won a true SEC road game. I know this doesn't sound like much, but these are small building blocks on our way to achieving respectability in the SEC. We still have six games remaining on our schedule and we have an excellent shot at winning 3-4 of those games. Considering where we have been, a 7-5 or 8-4 record would be a very good season, in my opinion.
Cat Daddy Wrote:I have never read so many foolish comments in my life. If anyone can't see the improvements Coach Stoops has made, then you know "nothing" about football. It takes time to build a program, and build a "winners" mentality within a program. We are two dropped passes away from being 6-0. On top of that, we finally beat a top 25 team at home and we won a true SEC road game. I know this doesn't sound like much, but these are small building blocks on our way to achieving respectability in the SEC. We still have six games remaining on our schedule and we have an excellent shot at winning 3-4 of those games. Considering where we have been, a 7-5 or 8-4 record would be a very good season, in my opinion.
That's right you tell them. Those improvements took overtime to beat EKU Confusednicker: