Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley Rate #4 in the state by CJ-Litkenhous Ratings..
Link: http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.../612270594

Ratings:
1.Scott County (8-0) 102.7

2.Mason County (8-0) 99.4

3.Jeffersontown (9-1) 97.5

4.Shelby Valley (8-0) 94.9

5.Tates Creek (10-1) 94.0
I honestly dont see how Mason County is ranked that high, They have one player and thats it!
Damn, some people don't see Valley as #1 in the 15th region, and now people are saying #4 in the state? Good gosh, can't wait to hear the haters on this one.
How could Allen Central be number 14 in the state?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Nice to see a 15th region team near the top.

Let hope they can maintain the ranking as they start playing better competition
The rating obviously must be based partially on point differential, because of some of SV's lopsided victories... I think we will all agree that SV isn't the 4th best team in the state though...
Yea your rite, I mean they are good but not 4th in State or atleast I dont think so
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:How could Allen Central be number 14 in the state?

That's Allen County, not Allen Central.
i see shelby valley being around 9th 0r 10th in state maybe
Cookie Crisp Wrote:i see shelby valley being around 9th 0r 10th in state maybe

Valley is probably #9 or 10 in the 7th or 11th regions
Yeah its really good to see Valley in the top 5 in the state. But they really havent played any competition so far and it will be interesting to see how they play againist tougher teams as the year goes along.
This just in...Mr. Litkenhouse has been arrested for smoking crack!!!
bball fan Wrote:This just in...Mr. Litkenhouse has been arrested for smoking crack!!!

LOL!!! This I believe after ranking Shelby Valley 4th in the state.
It goes by margin of victory and by points system!
bball fan Wrote:This just in...Mr. Litkenhouse has been arrested for smoking crack!!!

:thatsfunn Now that's funny right there.

These ratings mean nothing, pretty much just goes by how many points you have scored and what your record is.
Who has SV played? Not trying to be sarcastic ---but honestly want to know. Have not seen any box scores in the Herald Leader. Did they play in any BIG Christmas time tourney? Play anyone in the top 25 in the state?
Looks like the best Team they have beat was Corbin

Hahaha! That's halirous... But if the rankings are based on points I can see Valley being up there, but just regular rankings for how they play and who they've beaten, no way
wow, this is seriously, pretty funny, I didnt know beating Buckhorn and David School would get you #4 in the state, well they are both pretty huge powerhouses.
Thats right where they need to be
I know you are a dedicated Valley fan, just like me, but you and I both know that there is no way that Valley,in reality, is #4 in the state. I love watching Valley play and I think they are a really good team-- but in all honesty-- they are not #4 in the state-- no way.
Valley Cat Wrote:Thats right where they need to be

dude, come on, they are not even the 4th best team in their region, so what they are 9-0 or whatever they are, they are yet to play, a single good team, Corbin is good,ill give them that, but when they play Paintsville, JC, youll see that they are not where the need to be, they wont even win their region
windmill Wrote:dude, come on, they are not even the 4th best team in their region, so what they are 9-0 or whatever they are, they are yet to play, a single good team, Corbin is good,ill give them that, but when they play Paintsville, JC, youll see that they are not where the need to be, they wont even win their region
I think you are the one that will be in for a HUGE surprise, I mean I see how you think JC is so good by losing there last 7 to some pretty lousy competition and a couple good teams. SV is playing the best ball in the 15th hands down, they beat the second largest highschool in South Carolina by 25 tonight, the same team that destroyed a descent Pineville team.
Larry Legend Wrote:I think you are the one that will be in for a HUGE surprise, I mean I see how you think JC is so good by losing there last 7 to some pretty lousy competition and a couple good teams. SV is playing the best ball in the 15th hands down, they beat the second largest highschool in South Carolina by 25 tonight, the same team that destroyed a descent Pineville team.

I agree, I say Valley should be around 9 or 10th in state tho
Sv 4th in the state is a joke.
Larry Legend Wrote:I think you are the one that will be in for a HUGE surprise, I mean I see how you think JC is so good by losing there last 7 to some pretty lousy competition and a couple good teams. SV is playing the best ball in the 15th hands down, they beat the second largest highschool in South Carolina by 25 tonight, the same team that destroyed a descent Pineville team.

Valley isn't 4th in the state, because they are not even proven to be the best in their region and our region is by far not even close to the best in the state. So anyone that thinks that SV is really that good is living in a dreamworld!!

However, SV is good and I look forward to seeing how they do against better competition. As far as playing the best ball in the 15th hands down, I would have to give that edge to the Tigers at this point, as they have by far played the most competitive schedule of any 15th team and have held their own. Anyone would be undefeated by playing the SV schedule so far, (but that comment is not meant to say that SV is not a good team this year).
Wow!!!
I would really like this to be legit, but its based no the wrong aspects of their season thus far. Valley has had all in all a weak schedule. The tourny they are in now has been their only competition.
I saw this on another website myself but everyone that I talk to about it just laughs their butts off.
SV is without question a very good basketball team and continue to prove it more and more every night out, the real question is how good are they. i have seen them 3 times now and i will say that anyone that does not believe there are for real doesnt understand basketball very much and probably has not seen them play. i watched them dismantle a team from south carolina last night that has over 2,000 students and is loaded with athleticism, that did blow a respectable pineville team off the floor the night before 66-34. the litkenhouse ratings has actually probably been reasonably accurate over the years, but i must admit i was surprised to see sv rated so high, not to say they shouldnt be. i think only time will tell, but this bunch is for real and you better be ready to play when you meet them or you might get blown out of the gym. they play bell co. who looks very good also tonight in the finals of the cfit and should be a great game. HATS OFF to sv, give them there due they didnt get where they are by accident they have obviously earned it