Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 3 Lawrence County 1(15th region Girls)
final
Is this a slight upset? Did most people think the 15th region girls would likely be won by Lawrence County?
Yes this is a slight upset. Lawrence county has ruled the 15th over the last couple of years. But JC has a very talented core of young players. Molly Davis and Bekah Preston are two standouts. Congrats to JC on the win. Still have a tough task going up against Pburg.
Congrats to Coach Larry Vanhoose and his Lady Eagles.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Without a doubt, this was an upset. It was a great game to watch from an outsider looking in. Very physical and both teams left all they had on the field. The second game between Prestonsburg and Belfry was even better. Both teams played as,sound defensively as anyone could and went to overtime giving the blackcats the win. As a Belfry fan and my daughter playing I was hearbroke for her to see it end, but neither team lost that game IMO. ONE of the best games I've seen played all year. The refs let the girls play and it didn't end on some stupid call. Congrats,to the blackcats, you young ladies played great and from me to the Belfry girls, you played 100% and that is what matters to us as fans..you all were the underdog and proved you can play big girl soccer. Thanks for a great season.
Prestonsburg may very well win it all. The seeding was all messed up when Pburg beat JC to win their district, so basically, the teams that played each other was,off according to record, but Belfry came down to overtime from missing the regional championship. Crazy.....love that ⚽