Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK FOOTBALL in 07. Preseason Top 25?
Does anyone think U.K. will be a preseason top 25 team if Little/Burton stays? Will be VERY interesting to see. I know I am already ready for football season in the Bluegrass State!:Cheerlead
Its going to be an interesting year next season for Football in the state of Kentucky. I am actually looking forward to the Kentucky and Louisville football game next year! Its going to be a blast seeing this team play if everyone comes back!
Yea kentucky should be a really Good football team next year.
if Burton and Little stay then theres no reason whatsoever they shouldnt be preseason Top 25..you win what? 5 out of your last 6 games, with your only loss being a 17-12 loss to the Tennessee State Pen., and the Cats should have won that one. You beat Georgia and Clemson down the stretch and win 8 games, not to mention a 4-4 conference record. So Id pencil them in the preseason top 25. Although Ill say this, the schedule they have is absolutely BRUTAL.
Yes it is! Might be a top 5 in the country next season..Schedule that is!
UK might be in the top 25, I'd say somewhere around 22'ish
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BelfryPride Wrote:UK might be in the top 25, I'd say somewhere around 22'ish

Which would be awesome!
does anyone remember a 49-0 shellacking to the hands of LSU...to be a top 25 team you need to be able to play/beat any team in america not get completely man-handled....
They should be in the top 25!!!!
I don't think they'll be in the top 25 preseason....I think they'll receive some votes and eventually work themselves into it.
i think they will recive votes as well but will not make it in...
I think for the first time, in a very long time the state of Kentucky can cheer on the UK Cats in football. Yes I definitely think that they can make it in the top 25 in 2007. Maybe not at the very beginning but they will work their way up there. I was very excited with the win on Friday. Way to go Cats!
They had a good season but i dont think they deserve it just yet
[QUOTE=Bball Wizard]I think for the first time, in a very long time the state of Kentucky can cheer on the UK Cats in football. [QUOTE]

I think people have been able to cheer on the UK Cats in football along. Not just now because they won a bowl game.
Panther Thunder Wrote:does anyone remember a 49-0 shellacking to the hands of LSU...to be a top 25 team you need to be able to play/beat any team in america not get completely man-handled....

ND took a shellacking at the hands of Michigan and stayed in the top 25 all year. Just to point out the mistake in your logic. As for UK being in the top 25 next year, possible, but not for long imo.
AGREE...But they will play everyone competitive next year if Little/Burton comes back IMO! This is what winning games does to a program..it gives you the confidence to let you know that you can play with anyone!
Panther Thunder Wrote:does anyone remember a 49-0 shellacking to the hands of LSU...to be a top 25 team you need to be able to play/beat any team in america not get completely man-handled....

????? I'll disagree with ya on that one. The top 10 is a different story. Top 10 teams should be able to play/beat any team in the country. UK is returning ALOT of players and experience and all their playmakers (I don't think Little and Burton are goin anywhere).