Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Love it or hate it..Private killed Volleyball
I refer you to the U.S. Circuit Court case Seger v KHSAA. It details the upholding of KHSAA Bylaw 13 limiting merit based aid to a max of 25% to retain athletic eligibility. Basically students received aid from the school and from various charities that exceeded 25%. They were subsequently ruled ineligible for athletic competition.

As you can see, the KHSAA does review all financial aid and does not allow "free rides". If the governing body, the KHSAA, is reviewing this information and has no issues with it, what does that mean? If you say kids are getting "free rides", and the KHSAA says they're not, does that mean there is a big Catholic/KHSAA conspiracy?? Or, does it mean you really have no clue as to what you're discussing?

A student attending Assumption for example can get her 25% in merit aid, but still will shell out almost $9,000 a year for tuition. Far cry from a "free ride". Also, keep in mind that these kid's parents are still paying taxes to support the public school system they don't even use.

Really gets old when people cry wolf about cheating when the root cause of their complaint is right at their own feet. "If my team is unsuccessful someone else must be cheating". That's a defeatist mindset and explains a lot.

I'm a UK fan and UK football sucks because it sucks, not because other schools are cheating. It sucks because UK has never invested the time, talent and treasure necessary to compete. Same is true with most KY public school volleyball programs.
Messages In This Thread
Love it or hate it..Private killed Volleyball - by WildcatDad - 11-13-2015, 06:12 AM