Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southwestern 36 Whitley Co. 14
36-0 at the half

SW only ran two offensive plays in the second half.
O my...
Whitley Co. took 3Q kickoff and drove down the field scoring on the final play of the quarter. gotta love the running clock rule.

Then Whitley recovered the Onside kick and once again drove down the field and scored with about two minutes left in the game.

SW recovered the next onside kick and got off two plays before time ran out.
^
SW no doubt would have won, but still. Had they not put a running clock on it, then this could have been a 36-14 game midway through the third. Ive seen bigger comebacks.
Never been a fan of the running clock. Run the score up if the other team cant hold. IDK why we do it. Must be a liberal feelings thing.

Good win for SW. I expect the same type of result against North.
Love it
^
Me as well.
Hopefully changes are on the horizon. I know the usual thought process though.
I feel your pain Whitley..
Demarcus ware Wrote:I feel your pain Whitley..

I don't wish my pain and frustration on you Smile
Congratulations Southwestern!!

We nearly had to tie Demarcus to a dang tree last night!
Congrats to SW. Hate to see the end of the Luke era.
Congrats SW now on the bigger things
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Not much bigger than playing Gut's Colonels.
pjdoug Wrote:I don't wish my pain and frustration on you Smile
Appreciate that. Goodness knows I have enough of my own Confusednicker:
E's Army Wrote:Not much bigger than playing Gut's Colonels.

Only thing better than that is watching GUT and PJ cry another year..:Sad04:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Tough order for Whitley Co, Southwestern big favorite. Luke will be missed, as will all the seniors. Back to work in off season. Whitley shows steady progress and headed in right direction. Congrats to South.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Me as well.
Hopefully changes are on the horizon. I know the usual thought process though.

I' m having a hard time understanding you Gut about changes on the horizon. Whitley had a good year. :Cheerlead
Hopefully talking about running clock rule.
64SUR Wrote:I' m having a hard time understanding you Gut about changes on the horizon. Whitley had a good year. :Cheerlead

Whitley had a good year because of the soft schedule and almost lost a couple of them. Changes need to be made. This defense was absolutely atrocious.
They won 6 games. That's an okay year, but not if your doing what NL is doing and only beating bad teams. I didn't see any progress this year. Only thing that kept it interesting was the QB.
Another year of the same ole same ole, as I said after week 0.
panther nation Wrote:Only thing better than that is watching GUT and PJ cry another year..:Sad04:

I haven't cried in years over football. Why would anyone expect the fans and alumni to care? You should know this story very well at Knox.
36 points and start a running clock then go 32 minutes without an offensive play and give up two long scoring drives to Whitley, Southwestern will have to do better on the road next week or they will be the victim of the running clock
Whitley had the year I kinda thought they would have. While I have been extremely critical of a few Whitley posters I hope they can toughen up the schedule and keep forward progress. If some had chose to take me up on a very specific bets I was asking for I would not have been posting this now because they would have proven me wrong( which I am glad they did for the kids sake, plus I had to do something to stop the off season boredom of a football board).
Progress was made, thanks. Some posters want a quick fix, you would think they would like to build a solid program. Takes time and work. Whitley will build that program.
Paul Crewe Wrote:Progress was made, thanks. Some posters want a quick fix, you would think they would like to build a solid program. Takes time and work. Whitley will build that program.

We do want a solid program.

Not one like Perry Central, South Laurel, and Campbellsville.

Thank you.
I agree with Gut, change needs to be made! Because Whitley should be a hard nose team that punishes there opponent. Play great defense, very solid special teams and must be able to be balance on offense..
Whitley has the second best facilities in the area or. Region.. Bell has the nices right now! People can say what they want to, but Campbell always put teams on the field that played physical!!!
fridaynightfan Wrote:36 points and start a running clock then go 32 minutes without an offensive play and give up two long scoring drives to Whitley, Southwestern will have to do better on the road next week or they will be the victim of the running clock

I don't think there'll be any running clock put on Southwestern next Friday. Southwestern will put points on the board, probably several.
Bobcat4years Wrote:I agree with Gut, change needs to be made! Because Whitley should be a hard nose team that punishes there opponent. Play great defense, very solid special teams and must be able to be balance on offense..
Whitley has the second best facilities in the area or. Region.. Bell has the nices right now! People can say what they want to, but Campbell always put teams on the field that played physical!!!

You guys on the mountain better worry about your on coach from what I here. Gut and you should apply for a coaching job and solve all the problems at Whitley and Bell. Makes me laugh!
PRIDE101 Wrote:You guys on the mountain better worry about your on coach from what I here. Gut and you should apply for a coaching job and solve all the problems at Whitley and Bell. Makes me laugh!

Doesn't pay enough.
That is the only reason , OK.
panther nation Wrote:Only thing better than that is watching GUT and PJ cry another year..:Sad04:
:lame:
Paul Crewe Wrote:Progress was made, thanks. Some posters want a quick fix, you would think they would like to build a solid program. Takes time and work. Whitley will build that program.

Yeah,but they should have already built it years ago.