Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8th Grade Boys Basketball 2015-16
A new basketball year has begun. What can we expect in 8th grade boys basketball? Who are some of the better teams and players?
Northern pulaski gets out to big lead thru 3 quarters (up 25) and cruises to 55-41 win over clay co.
North Laurel beats rockcastle 43-38 at north
Northern Pulaski 8th started the way they finished last year. They looked great last night vs Clay County. Clay County struggled a little last night, but they'll bounce back and be a hard out in the KBA State at the end of the year.
Where do I find the state rankings for 8th grade boys bball
Looking for info on Knox co???
LCbballfan Wrote:Where do I find the state rankings for 8th grade boys bball
Really not a state ranking for middle. most people go off how the team finished at kba state tourny the pevious year but all teams dont play in it but most of your better teams do
Knox is avg.
How is Corbin's 8th grade I know they are usually pretty good?
Thanks.
Corbin is a pretty good 8th grade team Matthew Taylor shoots it well
So who are the best teams in the 8th grade division? Other than northern Pulaski I e heard they were very good.
Is Colten Fraley playing for Northern ?
Colton played but Sloan was gone to football with a couple others
Clay vs wayne game was close all game, crowd got upset at refs and game had to be called off early it got so out of hand.
Where was the Clay/Wayne game at? What was the score when it was called off?
Clay/Wayne game was at Clay. Heard they didn't have legit refs and were calling touch fouls on Wayne and letting Clay get away with assault. I don't blame Wayne for wanting to get out of there if what I heard was accurate.
My wife was at the Clay/Wayne game. She said it was the craziest thing she has seen in a while. One of the refs tried to fight Wayne's statistician...Clay's coaches held the ref back. The stats guy is as laid back as you'll find...not sure what he said to get under the ref's skin so bad. I believe this was after Wayne's coach had been ejected with little time remaining in the game. I think Clay was up 8-12 points or so at this point.
Wayne's coach pulled his kids off the floor the calls were so lop-sided. He was on the floor telling kids they were going home when he got his double-technical ejection I heard. I don't blame him if the refs were causing problems.
Well, I was at the Clay/Wayne as well. I kinda saw a different picture. The game calls was not as lopsided as you think. Clay had more fouls called against them as Wayne. I know Wayne had to foul 3 times in the last minute to just get Clay in the bonus. As for the statistician, he should be banned from being around kids. I've never seen anyone act like that before, especially being in an official position. I could expect that from a parent in the stands but I was sitting less than 10 ft from him and he started the whole mess. He definitely has some anger management issues.
kymater Wrote:Well, I was at the Clay/Wayne as well. I kinda saw a different picture. The game calls was not as lopsided as you think. Clay had more fouls called against them as Wayne. I know Wayne had to foul 3 times in the last minute to just get Clay in the bonus. As for the statistician, he should be banned from being around kids. I've never seen anyone act like that before, especially being in an official position. I could expect that from a parent in the stands but I was sitting less than 10 ft from him and he started the whole mess. He definitely has some anger management issues.

Your analysis of the situation is probably better than mine. It was strictly hearsay on my part. I wasn't there.
The statistician is a parent. His son is a starter on both the 7th and 8th grade teams. I'm not condoning his behavior by any means but the frustration started with the 7th grade game. I do know that he's been around sports his whole life and is pretty easy going. I never see him show any real emotion when his kids are playing whether he's in the stands or keeping stats and I've seen his kids make some huge plays over the years.

As far as the 7th grade game, Clay is the better team and didn't need any help from the officials. The officials let the game get out of hand as far as fouls and cheap shots. There were even some Clay parents behind my wife commenting on some of the "football plays" by Clay. My kid has some nice bruises to show for his time in the game.

The poor officiating was not only just about fouls that were or were not called during the three games. It was just overall poor officiating by refs that aren't certified.
Geno I am sure was one of the refs. Who was other one?
ky playmaker Wrote:Geno I am sure was one of the refs. Who was other one?

Geno was one of the refs, not sure who the other one was but can find out. Its an embarrassment for Clay to continue to use that guy as a referee. Clay has outstanding 7th and 8th grade teams. They need to put certified quality officials on the floor.
Refs have always cheated at clay co. I saw a 6 point play there 1 time in a high school game no joke. Bobby Keith was coaching game was very close many years ago right before the half a kid gets fouled on a 3 pointer makes the shot they give kid 3 fts for an infamous 6 point play!!!!
Basketball222 Wrote:Refs have always cheated at clay co. I saw a 6 point play there 1 time in a high school game no joke. Bobby Keith was coaching game was very close many years ago right before the half a kid gets fouled on a 3 pointer makes the shot they give kid 3 fts for an infamous 6 point play!!!!

Never thought I'd see "6 point" Ralph mentioned in a middle school thread. That was quite a while back!
You can decide for yourself just what exactly this reflects, but those guys ARE certified refs. Check your list of officials.
Walterwhite was to prove a point they been cheating over there for years anyone knows can't go to clay co and come out with a win
Basketball222 Wrote:Walterwhite was to prove a point they been cheating over there for years anyone knows can't go to clay co and come out with a win

I understand completely. I was merely pointing out the fact that at least the ref pointed out by name, Geno, is a certified Khsaa official. I won't be the first to name the other ref, but if it was who I was told, he is also Khsaa certified. That is 100percent a fact. Missed calls, cheat or whatever, certified. My point was directed at the fact they are certified. Says a lot about certification, don't you think?
walterwhite Wrote:I understand completely. I was merely pointing out the fact that at least the ref pointed out by name, Geno, is a certified Khsaa official. I won't be the first to name the other ref, but if it was who I was told, he is also Khsaa certified. That is 100percent a fact. Missed calls, cheat or whatever, certified. My point was directed at the fact they are certified. Says a lot about certification, don't you think?

Maybe it says a lot about the quality of ref the home team is willing to put on the floor………but I do understand what you're saying as well. If you have a few extra bucks and computer access then you can become a certified referee. Still doesn't mean you are obligated to have them work the games.