Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel @ Pulaski county
Hats off to N.L. Proved they were a worthy opponent and came in with a game plan that almost worked. Turnovers on special teams almost proved costly for PC but as all good teams do they found a way to overcome adversity and get the W. Its survive and advance at this point in the tourney. The score doesnt matter. Good luck to the Maroons as they travel north to play the Blue Birds of Highlands in what should be another great game.
Yes, they won but only by 28-24! The difference in that game was North had too many kids playing both ways including their QB. We sat with Northwestern Wildcats scouts (Lubbering & Rush) last night and McWhorter (Sophomore) was at the top of their list when the game was over! They thought it classless they had a green lazer in the kids face. that they finally stopped the game & told them over the PA to put away. Clueless & classless to pull something like that! North brought it last night, sure wasn't the blowout everyone predicted on here.
Special Team Wrote:Yes, they won but only by 28-24! The difference in that game was North had too many kids playing both ways including their QB. We sat with Northwestern Wildcats scouts (Lubbering & Rush) last night and McWhorter (Sophomore) was at the top of their list when the game was over! They thought it classless they had a green lazer in the kids face. that they finally stopped the game & told them over the PA to put away. Clueless & classless to pull something like that! North brought it last night, sure wasn't the blowout everyone predicted on here.
Whatever helps you sleep at night. Score doesnt matter.
Woody Hayes Wrote:Whatever helps you sleep at night. Score doesnt matter.

Oh but it does on here! Everything I was reading had a running clock & blow out! Didn't happen.....so the score sure mattered before the game should matter after the game. Just saying!! :flame:
Special Team Wrote:Oh but it does on here! Everything I was reading had a running clock & blow out! Didn't happen.....so the score sure mattered before the game should matter after the game. Just saying!! :flame:

You are exactly righ, the score DOES matter. Blowout or not, Pulaski is moving on.
Pulaski is poised to win one more game this year.
Special Team Wrote:Yes, they won but only by 28-24! The difference in that game was North had too many kids playing both ways including their QB. We sat with Northwestern Wildcats scouts (Lubbering & Rush) last night and McWhorter (Sophomore) was at the top of their list when the game was over! They thought it classless they had a green lazer in the kids face. that they finally stopped the game & told them over the PA to put away. Clueless & classless to pull something like that! North brought it last night, sure wasn't the blowout everyone predicted on here.

I agree the lazer was classless,probably some teenage kid.The thing is though it was coming from the North Laurel side.Not sure if it was someone from North or PC but I do know it was coming from that side.
Jaxkait Wrote:I agree the lazer was classless,probably some teenage kid.The thing is though it was coming from the North Laurel side.Not sure if it was someone from North or PC but I do know it was coming from that side.

Yes, right in North's kids face! Remember they called for it to stop when NL was on offense, Mcwhorter, was getting ready to punt with a green laser on his helmet.
Jaxkait Wrote:I agree the lazer was classless,probably some teenage kid.The thing is though it was coming from the North Laurel side.Not sure if it was someone from North or PC but I do know it was coming from that side.

It wasn't even coming from the stadium. It was coming from East Somerset Church Road by the Fitness Center. We could see it flashing up there.

Does not surprise me about Mcwhorter, have thought all season he could be a D-1 prospect.
Blitzer Wrote:Just had to point out Hall got to see North Laurel's defense lead by Jake Mcwhorter, up close and personal tonight!
Playing linebacker, why was McWhorter worried about Hall? He should have been worried about #33 for PC who probably averaged 15 yards per carry. The difference between a great team like PC and a average team like North Laurel is the ability to do whatever is necessary to win. North Laurel did a decent job slowing down PC's passing game, but by doing this they allowed PC to run it down their throats. Also, I wouldn't say NL shut PC's passing game down, when they needed a completion they got one. What happened when NL was in a position where they had to score quickly to win the game? They had 0 chance. Hats off to Larkey, he coached a good a game as I've ever seen, but for NL fans to think they slowed PC down with their defense is ridiculous.
Warrior 2002 Wrote:Playing linebacker, why was McWhorter worried about Hall? He should have been worried about #33 for PC who probably averaged 15 yards per carry. The difference between a great team like PC and a average team like North Laurel is the ability to do whatever is necessary to win. North Laurel did a decent job slowing down PC's passing game, but by doing this they allowed PC to run it down their throats. Also, I wouldn't say NL shut PC's passing game down, when they needed a completion they got one. What happened when NL was in a position where they had to score quickly to win the game? They had 0 chance. Hats off to Larkey, he coached a good a game as I've ever seen, but for NL fans to think they slowed PC down with their defense is ridiculous.

NL completely dominat4ed PC 1st half. NL ran 47 plays compared to 6 by PC. The Defense held the QB in check, he was only 1-4 for 24 yrds thru the air. I am telling you, NL just ran out of gas playing their kids both ways vs the PC Kids that don't, that takes a toll, I don't care what anyone says. Anyone that really knows the sport knows that! :Thumbs:
Wow. Great game by both teams who played so hard! Good luck Maroonies next game!!
Warrior 2002 should know all about the difference between a great team and an average team.
Warrior 2002 Wrote:Playing linebacker, why was McWhorter worried about Hall? He should have been worried about #33 for PC who probably averaged 15 yards per carry. The difference between a great team like PC and a average team like North Laurel is the ability to do whatever is necessary to win. North Laurel did a decent job slowing down PC's passing game, but by doing this they allowed PC to run it down their throats. Also, I wouldn't say NL shut PC's passing game down, when they needed a completion they got one. What happened when NL was in a position where they had to score quickly to win the game? They had 0 chance. Hats off to Larkey, he coached a good a game as I've ever seen, but for NL fans to think they slowed PC down with their defense is ridiculous.

PC LB could not stop NELSON 23 too say north average is a joke. if north is a average team PC will not win next week.
43 D Wrote:PC LB could not stop NELSON 23 too say north average is a joke. if north is a average team PC will not win next week.

Absolutely. You nailed that one!
Highlands by a touchdown or two next friday!!!
43 D Wrote:PC LB could not stop NELSON 23 too say north average is a joke. if north is a average team PC will not win next week.

You're right, PC will probably get beat next week. But that don't change the fact that NL is only a average team. They had no chance to stop PC from scoring when they (PC) actually got the ball, they (NL) have no chance to complete passes when needed. The accurate assessment of NL is, above average running back, below average defense, terrible passing game. All this equals average team. The kicker and the NL running game slowed PC's offense down a little, NL's defense had no chance.
Warrior 2002 Wrote:You're right, PC will probably get beat next week. But that don't change the fact that NL is only a average team. They had no chance to stop PC from scoring when they (PC) actually got the ball, they (NL) have no chance to complete passes when needed. The accurate assessment of NL is, above average running back, below average defense, terrible passing game. All this equals average team. The kicker and the NL running game slowed PC's offense down a little, NL's defense had no chance.

All your remarks convince me of is that you obviously DO NOT know beans about that NL team! Their record this season, the school records and county records that team broke speaks for itself. You sure you didn't play in that SW game and have a concussion??!! :eyeroll:

With a one dimensional offense (albeit a good run game) and a very average defense makes for "maybe" a bit better than average team.

north laurel just could not stop pulaski as simple as that.. they were very fortunate to get not only one but two onside kicks.. had that not been the case i would've expect it to be a two-three score game.

north laurel played their hearts out last night.. respect to them.. I'm sure there's more to come in the future years.
I was watching the game on the radio so I couldn't see very well but did PC try to score at the end of the game instead of taking a knee?
Ninja Wrote:With a one dimensional offense (albeit a good run game) and a very average defense makes for "maybe" a bit better than average team.

north laurel just could not stop pulaski as simple as that.. they were very fortunate to get not only one but two onside kicks.. had that not been the case i would've expect it to be a two-three score game.

north laurel played their hearts out last night.. respect to them.. I'm sure there's more to come in the future years.

Pulaski was fortunate to return the opening kickoff for a touchdown especially since they were the ones that kicked it off. So if that doesn't happen and if PC recovers one of those onside kicks and the offense scores then the final score would have been 28-24.
Ninja Wrote:With a one dimensional offense (albeit a good run game) and a very average defense makes for "maybe" a bit better than average team.

onside kicks are part of the game. north kicks them a lot not just in this game. PC had 89 yards pass last night and had the ball a lot more in the second half then they did in first half I would say north D was OK last night. in the last 4 years that north and PC has played all the games are good games. PC played their hearts out also. best ball catcher in state had 39 yards give NORTH D some credit. and that led the team in yards. QB 9 out of 17 for 89 yards. NORTH played great.
much respect to PC
No they didn't. Mason Helton ran it inside the 5 with around :25 left. PC chose not to run another play because the game clock was inside play clock. If PC was going to try to score they would've left the starting QB in the game.
North played a great game last night and had the best plan they could to win and all the cards fell right. They needed those onside kicks and got them, great job. I have to agree with the people saying they are average to a little above average though, one dimensional offense and shaky d. You knew at some point they would have to score late in a game to win and they aren't made to do that quickly versus a good team. The end game was tough to watch because they played so well but had no chance of scoring at the end. They were huddling and running up the middle because that's what they do. They do it well but need other options late in tight games versus quality teams. Hats off to north and Larkey they almost shocked everyone. Killer play of the game may have been the holding penalty that put them behind chains late in game.
Thanks for clearing that up. Like I said I was at home and couldn't see.

I was expecting the announcers to say that PC is taking a knee but they said Helton up the middle which surprised me.

I wouldn't think Hines would take a chance on fumbling and a scoop six in that situation , so I am missing something. Maybe NL had more timeouts than I thought .

Good luck next week
Forever Maroon Wrote:It wasn't even coming from the stadium. It was coming from East Somerset Church Road by the Fitness Center. We could see it flashing up there.

Didn't know for sure just know they said it was coming from that side!
Tight End Wrote:NL completely dominat4ed PC 1st half. NL ran 47 plays compared to 6 by PC. The Defense held the QB in check, he was only 1-4 for 24 yrds thru the air. I am telling you, NL just ran out of gas playing their kids both ways vs the PC Kids that don't, that takes a toll, I don't care what anyone says. Anyone that really knows the sport knows that! :Thumbs:

Well for someone that knows so much about the sport should know only Hall and Conwell are the only ones for Pulaski that don't play both sides of the ball!!
Jaxkait Wrote:Well for someone that knows so much about the sport should know only Hall and Conwell are the only ones for Pulaski that don't play both sides of the ball!!

Two key positions there and you might want to check your record book a bit, they switched people in and out a lot giving people breaks more than NL did. We were sitting beside people keeping stats that was keeping up with it really close. That is what I was going by.

:Thumbs: