Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeSales @ Mayfield
If I had plenty of money I would like to watch this game as well.
pjdoug Wrote:What in the wide wide world of sports does phunny mean? You've completely lost it now ,and turned into a delusional Belfry fan, or alter ego to 55Confusedtare:

Its a miss spelling to simbolize ur comments an how much since it makes. lol:hilarious:

:concentratetongue:
Streamed on tune in app...... wymc is the call letters. 1430 am 93.9 fm
How does Desales get away with their online recruiting?

Anyone else see their ads for placement test?
Who are players to watch for desales.. what is their offensive schemes pass/run ? Wat about this line iv heard off anybody got any numbers.. height avg size..
Austin Johnson is DeSales main player. He is the qb and punter/kicker. He has signed with UL as a punter. The line is as large as was Murrays. Not as athletic though.
I heard all this about our defense not even being in the top 2 in 2a. It was mentioned somewhere by a Colt fan that they had the #1 defense in 2a and hung 37 on the team with the number 2 defense in 2a Friday. Here is something to ponder, until Friday OC was the highest scoring offense in 2a. Since Mayfield only allowed them to score 13 points, they now are 2 points, I think, below Danville's offense since they rolled Friday. Now this is a offense that until Friday had not been held to under 21 points in a game all year. That even though they played the number 2 ranked team in 5a. Also, until Friday, they had not been beaten by more than 1 touchdown all year. Then you consider it could have been worse. I say this because Mayfield missed a field goal, threw an int into the endzone and the last OC touchdown was in garbage time when the Cards were in the prevent type mode.
ontopofthewest Wrote:Its a miss spelling to simbolize ur comments an how much since it makes. lol:hilarious:

:concentratetongue:

You don't make sense :insane:
campbellfield Wrote:How does Desales get away with their online recruiting?

Anyone else see their ads for placement test?

No. Where is it?
DeSales will go as far as their defensive line will take them. They are pretty good. As far as the D, we give up 7 a game. No one has put 20pts on us since 2013. On a neutral field calpreps has Desales with a 1 point favorite. However it's not a neutral field. Home team usually gets 3 points. So that would make Mayfield a 2point favorite. Either way it should be a great football game to watch.
Desales should be the favorite here.. It's hard for me to believe they have 300 boys in the school and 100 of them play football.. 1/3 of the entire student body plays football.. That's unheard of.. Plus, the fact they don't have geographic restrictions like a public school does, means they have kids from all over the city and most likely some outside of Louisville, as well.. It'd be interesting to see where each of their players reside.. Not every kid can play at Trinity and St X and this is a really good secondary option for those parents with good athletic kids that want their kids to play in a good program plus get the private school education.. Nothing wrong with that, except this is a prime example of a school that should be competing at the 4a or 5a level, but, it is what it is and it's no fault of the Colts, but, a problem in general with the KHSAA and how they operate.. In saying that, Mayfield is a team that has always competed on an equal basis and then some against larger schools and this will be no exception. The kids will hit the field and expect to win, no excuses if they don't. I'm sure they relish the challenge Desales will bring and look forward to making a statement in the process..
You can only put 11 kids on the field at a time. I'm pretty confident that Mayfield has the better 11 on either side. I can't wait. DeSales is getting the gift of a possibly wet field that could slow us down enough to help them. Either way, the state champs should come from this game.
mysonis55 Wrote:You can only put 11 kids on the field at a time. I'm pretty confident that Mayfield has the better 11 on either side. I can't wait. DeSales is getting the gift of a possibly wet field that could slow us down enough to help them. Either way, the state champs should come from this game.

Danville has very quietly snuck up to a state semi finals. So they can not be taken lightly.
bac2369 Wrote:Danville has very quietly snuck up to a state semi finals. So they can not be taken lightly.

Nor can NCC.. That's a team that always seem to be playing in December..
Not taking them lightly. Just stating the obvious.
DeSales crushes 55's pride this week.

DeSales 31
Mayfield 20

State Champ will come from this game.
At least you are halfway correct blackcat. But, I will be grinning ear to ear Saturday morning.
mysonis55 Wrote:At least you are halfway correct blackcat. But, I will be grinning ear to ear Saturday morning.

Only because 64 is tickling you. Confusednicker:
I miss him babbling on here. We've had a lot of fun over the years.
Just another cupcake for Mayfield. May not get the sprinkles with this one.
FYI, for those fans that do not know the stadium is not located at the High School I had plenty of business from O.C. fans that thought that was the location. Being that it actually does not have an address, I would suggest you type in the following address 901 North 15th St. Mayfield Ky
The other thread on this game has 10 pages all ready lets get this one rolling. Im worried about the rain Friday its got to be a positive for those big ole Desalles boys we will just have to outmud them seems our boys dont know how to quit and these lil cards have a lot of fight in them. Even if its raining i say throw to Lane Kennemore all night long hes got the hands to make some big plays in the rain.
Is this game online to watch?
It's near 100% chance of rain. Could be downpours. Colts have played 2 games in a downpour this year. Won both easily. Our style works well in the mud.
There is a lot of difference between playing in downpours and playing in mud. Lots harder on grass or mud than on turf.
The thing these west ky boys have going for them with all the rain and mud is that their feet are webbed like a duck. Haha
I think we will need 3" spikes at the bottom of those webbed feet to get traction in the mud.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Only because 64 is tickling you. Confusednicker:

:hilarious: