Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County 2016
dawgs graduate 18 seniors including qb. will they go back to run?
I look for Lawrence to struggle next year. But they have a decent group of young guys that should have them playing competitvely by seasons end and build towards the 2017 and 2018 seasons.
The dawgs lose all their backfield, all but timmy out of the secondary, their punter, their kicker, and a lot of their line. I look for it to be a tough year for the dawgs, greenup getting better, mongomery county, raceland, not sure if boyd will be on the schedule next year or not. Lc did try to play a lot of younger this year but man that is a lot to replace.

But I would like to think this group of seniors, they have brought lc sports back to relevance in football, basketball, and baseball. To date I beleave they have to regional runner ups in football, 1 district title and a regional runner up in basketball, and two district titled, 1 regional runner up, and one regional title in baseball. They hang out together and as group are about as close as you can get. Going to miss watching kids they have been fun. Go get us a another district titlel and regional titles in baseball and basketball!
We've some very talented players coming back, the freshman class got a lot of playing time. The sophomores have the big boys and the juniors will return skill. We will take some bumps but by the end of the year should be decent. The defense has to improve bottom line!!
In two seasons lc will be on a run like the we had from 96 to 2001.
Kiser was very good, he's gonna be hard to replace. I really like the way the Mosely kid plays football he is tough!!
In the pound Wrote:In two seasons lc will be on a run like the we had from 96 to 2001.

I don't see it. The talent pool appears to be shrinking....
LC was a Top 8-12 team in 3A this year

Losing essentially 4 of their top 5 Offensive threats I don't see them getting to that level next year.

Pike Central should close that gap some in 2016 and the gap between LC and Belfry will widen as the Pirates return 9 starters each way.

Timmy Dalton is a nice piece to build around but I am going to go ahead and make a bold prediction that Dalton focuses on basketball next year after threatening to not play the past two seasons.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:LC was a Top 8-12 team in 3A this year

Losing essentially 4 of their top 5 Offensive threats I don't see them getting to that level next year.

Pike Central should close that gap some in 2016 and the gap between LC and Belfry will widen as the Pirates return 9 starters each way.

Timmy Dalton is a nice piece to build around but I am going to go ahead and make a bold prediction that Dalton focuses on basketball next year after threatening to not play the past two seasons.

I'm interested to see how that last part plays out. With Kiser gone, does Lawrence Co. have a quarterback capable of consistently getting the ball in Dalton's hands? It seems like every time you turn around there's speculation on this site about his status with the football team. With LC losing so much to graduation, how likely is it that he doesn't come out next season?

Kiser, Mosley, Schaeffer, R. Dalton, Chaffin, Richardson, Keesee... that's a lot of talent and experience to replace, plus the senior offensive linemen too. The Dawgs might have to endure a rebuilding year before getting back to where they want to be.
samson81 Wrote:I'm interested to see how that last part plays out. With Kiser gone, does Lawrence Co. have a quarterback capable of consistently getting the ball in Dalton's hands? It seems like every time you turn around there's speculation on this site about his status with the football team. With LC losing so much to graduation, how likely is it that he doesn't come out next season?

Kiser, Mosley, Schaeffer, R. Dalton, Chaffin, Richardson, Keesee... that's a lot of talent and experience to replace, plus the senior offensive linemen too. The Dawgs might have to endure a rebuilding year before getting back to where they want to be.

If Kiser is smart, he'll think about a guy from Lawrence County by the name of Gerad Parker. You know, that guy who set the National All-Time Receptions record playing in a Wishbone belly/triple option attack at Lawrence County back in the late 90's (I know all of you Dawg faithful know that, I'm just throwing that out there for others who might not know).

Granted, Parker also had a couple QB's throwing to him that went onto to have very respectable & record setting careers in college at their respective levels (Jason Michaels- WKU and current LC Offensive Coordinator, Alan Short at Campbellsville University). Not just two that "went" to college to play QB, later giving it up, but two that went to college....won ballgames, national and/or conference championships and also have their names in the record books to this day.

The trigger man and his capabilities are the question, ways to get him the ball are a plenty; it's the execution that is TBD.
The middle school will be sending some players up next year, plus all of the youth program had good seasons. I'm just a hopeful fan lol
next year we will either be 1-9 or 5-5. Still think by the playoffs we could sneak up on somebody. Everyone just needs to temper expectations for next season. I want to see improvement each week. Hopefully the injury bug will go away.
In the pound Wrote:next year we will either be 1-9 or 5-5. Still think by the playoffs we could sneak up on somebody. Everyone just needs to temper expectations for next season. I want to see improvement each week. Hopefully the injury bug will go away.

Good grief man..1-9? 5-5? Yeah we lost a lot of players but we still have a lot of good players coming back and a lot of good young players waiting for their chance. A large junior class coming in with some good size and have Wellman,Roberts,Johnson,Dalton,Dotson,Sizemore, both of the West brothers and a few more players that got a lot of playing time last year. Most likely not gonna take the district from Belfry but I think will be plenty good enough to take 2nd and also compete with everyone else on our schedule. I am curious to see what new players decide to play this year. Most likely see either Timmy Dalton or Jordan Johnson at qb. They both are great running threats and can throw the ball its just that they happen to be our best wr's as well. I don't expect to go 9-1 by any means with us being so young but no reason we should be well over .500