Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard/Perry Softball
My friend's family is moving to the Hazard/Perry area after Christmas. His daughter has won honors/ mvp awards in pitching. He was wanting to know what kind of softball program Hazard or Perry had. He hates to move his daughter from a competitive program but the circumstances were uncontrollable . Any input is welcome.
Its probably a toss up. I know Campbell works hard at Perry and puts a lot of time in with his Varsity.
Perry is better of those two programs. If serious about softball consider going farther to the west. Laurel county specifically. North or South have the best programs in this immediate area. Not cutting anybody, just stating facts.
Estill County, Jenkins, Johnson Central would be other options if they are looking for competitive programs that take softball serious. If they are from a strong softball area they are going to be disappointed in this area as a whole. The programs I mentioned in these 2 posts are year in and year out the strongest programs in the area.
TI agree with you Walterwhite. Seems like girls sports just are not taken very serious around here. Guess they really never have been much. Sad because girls get money for college just like the boys do. Doesnt seem like there is much opportunity here for girls.
Hey Patfaithful....Knott Central is an up and coming program...Just saying Patfaithful
Magoffin County is a strong program and is where softball is probably the most serious sport. Also, they have brand new facilities this year. Might be a place to look into.
Thanks for all the input . Circumstances changed so my friend didn't move his daughter.